Thread: Haffley

Haffley

Not interested in dealing with NIL so bouncing to the Packers DC role. Honestly can’t blame him, if you just want to coach then college isn’t that spot anymore (if it ever really was after big money appeared).

BC is a much worse job than history would make you believe. And the administration there seems to have given up caring about athletics (outside of hockey). Lot of BC friends from growing up, and their sense of depression around the state of BC sports is palpable.

Wonder who they get. BC is probably the second worst ACC job after Syracuse (I think Wake is actually better, at least the admins are all in)

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

Hafley

Well, at least the BC people know how to spell his name.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Well, at least the BC people know how to spell his name.
    That’s how little we all care about BC sports right now. Even someone like me who cares enough about ACC football to post here about it couldn’t care enough to spell it right. They’re in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by RoseBowl1942 View Post
    Even someone like me who cares enough about ACC football to post here about it couldn’t care enough to spell it right.
    Or provide a first name, or a link, or a sport. This is the worst DBR thread opener I can recall.

Unless everyone else on this board is a mind reader, let me salvage this for you.

ESPN: Packers hire Boston College's Jeff Hafley as defensive coordinator

The Green Bay Packers have hired Boston College head coach Jeff Hafley as their new defensive coordinator, the team announced Wednesday...

Hafley went 22-26 in four seasons at Boston College, bringing the Eagles to bowl eligibility in three of his four years. Boston College finished 7-6 this season with a win over No. 22 SMU in the Fenway Bowl...

"He wants to go coach football again in a league that is all about football," a source told ESPN. "College coaching has become fundraising, NIL and recruiting your own team and transfers. There's no time to coach football anymore.

"A lot of things that he went back to college for have disappeared."
    Better places to put this information:

NFL Coaching Carousel 2024
    College Football 2023 Thread
    Name, Image, Likeness

I can't figure out why this news merited its own thread, but here we are.

Edited to add: Oh, this just gets better. Not only is this thread unnecessary, it's redundant. The Hafley move was already posted in the Duke Football 2024 thread here.

Bc it’s another ACC school’s head coaching job that opened, so kind of a big deal. Also I’m assuming most hard core fans here know the HCs for the other schools in the conference. Also it’s plastered on ESPN.