Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post
    I make at least 1 trip to Cameron a year. I know people don't like the music blasting during timeouts, but GA Tech was doing that after every single dead ball, not just timeouts. I've never seen that in a college game.
    Though I'm no Dick Vitale in traveling to scores of college home courts, I have been to several around the country. My observation is that if the home college team plays in the same city as a NBA team, the college game experience with music, half-time entertainment, etc. tends to mimic pro teams. It kind of makes sense, as the college team must complete with the pro team for fans (and relevance) in the big city. If the college team is in an area that is far away from a pro team, like in a small college town, the experience is a little more "college" (though everyone these days pipes in at least some music). The thing is if the home team stinks or is getting blown out, they do a lot more to make up for it. I've never been to a Tech game in Atlanta, but maybe the game Saturday was a double-whammy.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    Though I'm no Dick Vitale in traveling to scores of college home courts, I have been to several around the country. My observation is that if the home college team plays in the same city as a NBA team, the college game experience with music, half-time entertainment, etc. tends to mimic pro teams. It kind of makes sense, as the college team must complete with the pro team for fans (and relevance) in the big city. If the college team is in an area that is far away from a pro team, like in a small college town, the experience is a little more "college" (though everyone these days pipes in at least some music). The thing is if the home team stinks or is getting blown out, they do a lot more to make up for it. I've never been to a Tech game in Atlanta, but maybe the game Saturday was a double-whammy.

9F
    That makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Anyone know the last time we doubled up a conference opponent? I don't remember it ever happening. Maybe Brand's sophomore year?
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    You made me look��. We failed to double up anyone in 1998/1999; however, took down UVA 100-54 and 115-69 during regular season.

Interestingly, I recall the game at GaT that we “only” won by 8. While watching, thought we might actually lose that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    2017 we beat GT 110-57. Good times.
    The 2001 team had three games in shouting distance: 98-54 over GT, 100-58 over FSU, and 103-61 over UVA (where in the first half it looked like UVA might get tripled up: 53-20 at halftime). Those were all in Cameron, though. If I counted right, that team had 8 wins of 40+ points. Good times, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevil View Post
    The 2001 team had three games in shouting distance: 98-54 over GT, 100-58 over FSU, and 103-61 over UVA (where in the first half it looked like UVA might get tripled up: 53-20 at halftime). Those were all in Cameron, though. If I counted right, that team had 8 wins of 40+ points. Good times, indeed.
    Good old days indeed - when we had a team where 5 of the top 6 players were future NBA starters and only one of them was a freshman.

2010?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevil View Post
    The 2010 team had a 53-26 halftime lead over an also-ran ACC opponent in Duke's last home game. (It would have been 53-23, but senior captain Scheyer covered the wrong player on a fast break at the end of the half -- I remember seeing his look of frustration when the uncovered player hit a 3 at the buzzer.) Duke let up in the second half, unfortunately, and only won by 82-50.

Scheyer did have 20 points, 7 assists, and no turnovers.

https://barttorvik.com/box.php?muid=300650150&year=2010