Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you want players to return in their Sophomore year, you give them some PT. If Schutt has underperformed miserably in practice then it is up to Jaden to work hard and get better. Some Duke fans think both Schutt and Reeves will go transfer portal. I have no idea.

If we had better shooting from the eight guys in the rotation,there would not be this thread. I am for seeing Jaden get some minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    If you want players to return in their Sophomore year, you give them some PT.
    Jaemyn Brakefield was given 12.5 minutes per game as a freshman. And yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yeah. I doubt our coaching staff is intentionally holding a knockdown shooter off the floor.
    My brother averaged 8 minutes a game and 9 points a game his senior year. He's the best shooter I've ever seen. Just an unbelievable marksman. And he got 8 minutes out of 3A High School in North Carolina where his dad was the coach because he couldn't stay in front of a corpse. I saw him go 18 for 21 from 3 in an honest to goodness high level rec league game. A lot of guys can shoot. But not everybody can play.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The backup quarterback is always the fan favorite.
    Certainly in San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Certainly in San Francisco.
    See. This right here is good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yeah. I doubt our coaching staff is intentionally holding a knockdown shooter off the floor.
    I recall Winslow saying that Allen was a "dog" in practice. Still he played only garbage time minutes for the bulk of January and then got more minutes in Feb and particularly March- and that was nowhere near as deep a team as this year. So there is a case where a knockdown shooter was held out as a young team was developing. Not sure if Schutt is that good- but he could be improving and with Blakes 80% and Whitehead out- there are some minutes out there. Sometimes shooters rise to the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That would make sense. My assumption is he's just getting decimated in practice. Or at least has been. Cuz that's where playing time comes from. If you destroy people in practice then you're going to get a look.
    We're talking about practice. Not a game. Practice!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    We're talking about practice. Not a game. Practice!
    Hahaha! 2nd time I have seen that this week!

He’s got to show he’s a much better shooter than Grandison to earn minutes. Jacob plays good D and is a glue type guy. He shot 41% from 3 last year. I don’t see Schutt taking minutes away from Proctor, Roach or Grandison this year. But I do think he will be in the rotation next year unless both proctor and Roach return. Then he may be a transfer risk with Blakes, Foster and McCain also in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    He’s got to show he’s a much better shooter than Grandison to earn minutes.
    Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm not sure this is true.

Assume Young and Lively split 40 minutes, and that Roach, Proctor, Filipowski, Mitchell, and Grandison average 30 mpg among them. That leaves 10 minutes. Maybe all ten go to Blakes. But he's only played 5 minutes in each of the last two games, so maybe Schutt gets a few of them. If the minutes go Flip 32, Proctor 32, Roach 30, Mitchell 26, Grandison 26, then Blakes and Schutt will split 14 minutes. My point is not to split hairs over minutes, but to show that Grandison can play big minutes and there might still be room for Schutt, if Coach Scheyer thinks he can handle it.