New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

A post retirement interview with Coach K

K sits down with WRAL's Debra Morgan.
    “I'm being honest, I do not miss coaching,” Krzyzewski said. “That doesn't mean I don't love the game … because in order to coach, you have to prepare, and I was an ultimate preparer.”
    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/coach-...-now/20696376/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    K sits down with WRAL's Debra Morgan.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/coach-...-now/20696376/
    Thanks, a good read. Coach looks to be staying busy. Good for him.

GoDuke!

If you still want to hear Coach K tune into Sirius XM on the ACC network. His Basketball and Beyond show is great.

https://coachk.com/media/basketball-and-beyond/

Off topic for this thread, but the Athletic has an article up on Kansas State coach Jerome Tang. For anyone that doesn't know, it's his first year and KSU was picked to be last in the conference and here they are in the Top 10. Tang though seems like a coach any player would run walls through for. The byline of the article is "The radically kind coach and diminutive star guard fueling college basketball's best story".

Has me rooting for KSU (when not playing Duke of course)!

Ironic how UNC-CHeat fans critized K for his retirement "tour" which they claimed was a selfish parade to draw attention to himself, yet after retirement Roy has appeared at every single one of their games waving to the cameras and getting more air time than the current coaches while K has quietly remained out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Ironic how UNC-CHeat fans critized K for his retirement "tour" which they claimed was a selfish parade to draw attention to himself, yet after retirement Roy has appeared at every single one of their games waving to the cameras and getting more air time than the current coaches while K has quietly remained out of sight.
    You're kidding me! This is as shocking as the team choosing to honor Roy Williams during both the NC State AND Duke games last season. It's like, duh, don't you remember that you had a little celebration for the guy already? Like, how many times do you need to tell him that he was your bae? Oh, you're naming ANOTHER stretch of road after him? I guess they should tell the fans to look out for the signs on the side of the highway. I guess, since he didn't get any attention after losing by 20 points in the opening day of the NCAA Tournament and then skipped out of town to go golfing at Augusta National, no one had a chance to tell him how much they cared for him. I'm glad they gave him that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by FastBreak View Post
    Off topic for this thread, but the Athletic has an article up on Kansas State coach Jerome Tang. For anyone that doesn't know, it's his first year and KSU was picked to be last in the conference and here they are in the Top 10. Tang though seems like a coach any player would run walls through for. The byline of the article is "The radically kind coach and diminutive star guard fueling college basketball's best story".

Has me rooting for KSU (when not playing Duke of course)!
    Tang went to the moon with the astronauts, so he also has that going for him.https://www.fastcompany.com/90361081...ang-and-velcro

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Don’t forget Roy accompanying the team to away games! I haven’t noticed this year, but last year Roy travelled with the team to away games. Louisville on a Tuesday night? There’s Roy behind the bench. Miami on a Wednesday night? There he is again. Charleston during the non-conference? Yep, there he is again.

And I am certain he wasn’t flying commercial or private on his own dime; thus he had to be traveling with the team. I’m not surprised he is attending home games. But his conspicuous seats (very visible and close to the bench), plus traveling to away games, has always made me question his motives.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Don’t forget Roy accompanying the team to away games! I haven’t noticed this year, but last year Roy travelled with the team to away games. Louisville on a Tuesday night? There’s Roy behind the bench. Miami on a Wednesday night? There he is again. Charleston during the non-conference? Yep, there he is again.

And I am certain he wasn’t flying commercial or private on his own dime; thus he had to be traveling with the team. I’m not surprised he is attending home games. But his conspicuous seats (very visible and close to the bench), plus traveling to away games, has always made me question his motives.
    I understand the urge to criticize Roy, especially given the silly criticism of K by UNC fans, but I am happy to say that really, truly, I don't give a s**t about Roy Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    You're kidding me! This is as shocking as the team choosing to honor Roy Williams during both the NC State AND Duke games last season. It's like, duh, don't you remember that you had a little celebration for the guy already? Like, how many times do you need to tell him that he was your bae? Oh, you're naming ANOTHER stretch of road after him? I guess they should tell the fans to look out for the signs on the side of the highway. I guess, since he didn't get any attention after losing by 20 points in the opening day of the NCAA Tournament and then skipped out of town to go golfing at Augusta National, no one had a chance to tell him how much they cared for him. I'm glad they gave him that chance.
    I guess what they can do next for Roy, instead of naming another highway for him, just put up a billboard of Huckleberry Hound along I40 before the chapel hill exit.