Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I'm also of the belief that Grandison needs to be the one to get the bulk of the minutes available in Whitehead's absence. I do think he will shoot better if given more playing time - it has to be so hard to go through warmups, sit on the bench for 30 minutes, then come in and immediately hit a three. Let him get into the flow and see what he can do. The comparison to Matt Jones has been made, he does play a similar role but I think he can provide even more. I know others are pining for Schutt but I don't see him or Reeves being the answer, I would rather get more out of Grandison and Lively. And hopefully with the long break since the Monday game we'll get a better game out of Roach.
    With Whitehead out for however long, the only guards in the rotation right now are Roach, Proctor, and Blakes. Since the nose injury, Blakes has played 5 minutes in each of the past two games. Roach is managing that toe injury still and might for the rest of the season. I think it behooves Scheyer to consider Grandison and Schutt to give Roach and Proctor a breather at the very least. Both Grandison and Schutt provide something the team needs, shooting. I trust Grandison to make better decisions than Schutt. On the other hand, if you think Schutt could be valuable later in February and March, now would be an ideal time to see what he can do. Next man up.

Vegas has us as 8.5 favorite. As noted upstream, this game is not an automatic win by any means and I think a 3-pt clunker outing results in a tight game/loss.

DBR Chat is open!

If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page.

If it's running too fast for you, you can always check out the chat archive to catch up.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

GAME DAY! We need this win like peanut butter needs jelly.

Watching WF vs NC State - two teams we struggled against - it’s clear that playing extended zone would not help. They pass and shoot too well.

I’m sure there are a lot of Duke fans in attendance. I have been to Duke games at Tech before; unfortunately I couldn’t this year. Go Duke!

Win this game DUKE. One point or more.Nothing is easy for this team.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Dereck and Jeremy in the starting 5 per Twitter. Jeremy was expect3d given Whitehead’s injury. Dereck is a bit surprising, although maybe this is a move to try to build his confidence from Coach a Scheyer. Let’s hope he responds.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Dereck and Jeremy in the starting 5 per Twitter. Jeremy was expect3d given Whitehead’s injury. Dereck is a bit surprising, although maybe this is a move to try to build his confidence from Coach a Scheyer. Let’s hope he responds.
    Probably Coach Scheyer checking DBR for minutes/lineup recommendations .

Dang - Lively’s 3 looked smoooooooth!!!

LIVELY!!!

He looks more comfortable starting than coming off the bench. Very active. No fouls!
    No soup for you!

I am having to follow via Gamecast. Did I just see correctly that Lively attempted and made a three pointer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    I am having to follow via Gamecast. Did I just see correctly that Lively attempted and made a three pointer ?
    Yep!

What a great start by Duke! Loving Lively’s play so far, too. Strong on D, aggressive on the boards, and hitting some shots.

Well then. Wouldn’t that just be awesome if that became a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Vegas has us as 8.5 favorite. As noted upstream, this game is not an automatic win by any means and I think a 3-pt clunker outing results in a tight game/loss.
    Shooting wide open 3s without forcing anything. Good recipe against the zone.

Well that was an unexpected start to the game. Knocking down 3s left and right.

Not sure we want Lively taking many threes, but I will gladly take the make.

Lively for 3 is a secret weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Well that was an unexpected start to the game. Knocking down 3s left and right.

Not sure we want Lively taking many threes, but I will gladly take the make.
    It was a strength of his in highschool...so I'm definitely on board to see if it translates...because if it does...hooooo boy!

Giving up a lot of offensive rebounds early.