Sweet sixteen travel

Hey folks. Long time, no posting (working on my MBA has consumed a lot of my life).

I’m hoping to take my family on a trip to Boston over my kids’ spring break, which happens to coincide with the Sweet Sixteen/Elite 8…for which Boston is a regional site.

My family are all Duke fans (#raisedthemright), and they realize the likelihood of this working out to see Duke is low, but the opportunity to go to any Sweet Sixteen game seems really cool.

Does anyone have any experience going to these regional sites for games? Any suggestions for getting tickets and whatnot? We are fairly price conscious, so any tips/tricks would help (like, should we hold off on buying tickets hoping that upsets will lead to cheap seats last minute?).

Mods: if I’m in the wrong section of the forum, move me and mock me.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjswift View Post
    Hey folks. Long time, no posting (working on my MBA has consumed a lot of my life).

I’m hoping to take my family on a trip to Boston over my kids’ spring break, which happens to coincide with the Sweet Sixteen/Elite 8…for which Boston is a regional site.

My family are all Duke fans (#raisedthemright), and they realize the likelihood of this working out to see Duke is low, but the opportunity to go to any Sweet Sixteen game seems really cool.

Does anyone have any experience going to these regional sites for games? Any suggestions for getting tickets and whatnot? We are fairly price conscious, so any tips/tricks would help (like, should we hold off on buying tickets hoping that upsets will lead to cheap seats last minute?).

Mods: if I’m in the wrong section of the forum, move me and mock me.
    if you don't care about the first set of games, just wait outside and buy cheap tickets for the regional final off loser's fans.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    if you don't care about the first set of games, just wait outside and buy cheap tickets for the regional final off loser's fans.
    Does that still work with tickets being electronic?

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Does that still work with tickets being electronic?
    I think the 2024 version is log on to Stubhub or your favorite reseller right after the games end...

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Last time we were at a two-day session (the 2022 Final Four) Duke did not issue the tickets for the final game. For the regional in SF, the tickets were issued one game at a time. So, this no longer works with the digital tickets.

2nd game may be cheaper

If for the Th session Duke plays the 2nd game you may be able to wait until after halftime of the 1st game and get a bargain. Caveat that I have not scalped tix in years, and that if UConn is placed in Boston the market likely is to be fairly pricey. Once again dependent on the teams in the S16, Th may make tix a little less costly as folks may not be as inclined/able to travel and get time off for a Th game.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was gonna be a review of all the times Heels got away with traveling in Sweet 16 games. I settled into my easy chair, with a Dr Pepper nearby, prepared to read for many hours.

A scalper was on the concourse of the Superdome after our unhappy loss. He was really confused when I told him only winners get finals' tickets. C'est la vie.