Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

WBB: #9 Duke Vs #11 VT 2/16 7PM ACCNX

Awhom will hopefully enlighten us on what that "X" entails, whether it means Bally has their hands on it or not.

But aside from viewing...

HUGE, HUGE, HUGE game. Oddly, for such a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE game, it's not a "must win". But, damn and good lordy, it sure would go a long way.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Awhom will hopefully enlighten us on what that "X" entails, whether it means Bally has their hands on it or not.

HUGE, HUGE, HUGE game. Oddly, for such a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE game, it's not a "must win". But, damn and good lordy, it sure would go a long way.
    It's certainly the toughest game left on the schedule, and it's a rematch, so it will help set the tone for the last three games. Personally, I think we're slight underdogs in this one, but with this defense and our depth, if we're still in it with five minutes to play, I like our chances.

Would be nice for this to be the game where our shooters go off and hit 50% from 3.

Big Thursday in the ACC. Also at 7:00 is Louisville at Notre Dame, and at 8:00 is uNC at NCState. Notre Dame plays Louisville twice in the next 4 games and should lose 1 of those games. If so, we can afford to lose 1 more game, but it would be great to keep the roll going.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

No. 9 Duke Gears Up for Showdown at No. 11 Virginia Tech
    https://goduke.com/news/2023/2/15/wo...inia-tech.aspx

Gearing up for the final stretch of the regular season, No. 9 Duke is back on the road for its next two games, heading to the Old Dominion state for a midweek tilt at #11/9 Virginia Tech on Thursday, Feb. 16 at 7 p.m., live on ACCNX.
    Bailey Angle and Mack McCarthy will call the action for ACCNX while Chris Edwards calls the game on the radio on the Blue Devil Sports Network from Learfield.
    Duke head coach Kara Lawson was named to the 2023 Werner Ladder Naismith Women's Coach of the Year Late Season Watch List.
    Duke is the only Division I school to have both men's and women's basketball teams undefeated at home, combining for a 25-0 record at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
    Boasting a 22-3 overall record and a 12-2 record in ACC play, the Blue Devils are having their best season dating back to the 2013-14 campaign.
    Duke is slotted No. 9 in the Week 15 Associated Press (AP) and No. 11 in the USA Today Coaches Polls.

Virginia Tech (20-4, 10-4 ACC) enters Thursday's game fresh off a 14-point victory (84-70) over No. 19 Florida State that saw junior Georgia Amoore finish with 25 points and nine assists.
    The Hokies own the third-best scoring offense (74.4) in the conference and check in at No. 4 in scoring defense with (58.4).
    VT has four athletes who average 10 or more points per game - Elizabeth Kitley (18.0), Georgia Amoore (14.9), Taylor Soule (12.1) and Kayana Traylor (11.2).
    Kitley leads the rebounding efforts with 10.8 boards per game while Amoore is the team leader in assists with 5.3 per game.

ACCNX fully. If you have the ESPN College Extra package from your provider, it will be on the first channel (788 on DirecTV).

Jim Sumner has a good article on the Duke-VT game tonight for those members of his site. Good read.

GoDuke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Jim Sumner has a good article on the Duke-VT game tonight for those members of his site. Good read.

GoDuke!
    Link here. https://jimsumner.substack.com/p/hug...women-thursday
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I'll be watching especially because it's a big game...heck, might even border on being a HUGE game.😁 It would be pretty great to win on the road against the #11 Hokies and continue building momentum going into the tourneys. Go Blue Devils!

Hokies off to a hot (4-5) start.

One team is playing great defense.

It ain't Duke.

Look up "Terrible" in the thesaurus, and there aren't enough synonyms for the way we started.

Minor miracle we have more than 10 points. Get it together, Duke!

11-23 VT after 1st.

One team is playing great defense.

It ain't Duke.
    Worst they have played in ages,but like the Men they are an underperforming team offense. Points are always difficult to get.

Wilson and Jackson 0 points and lots of turnovers. Particularly bad shooting night for Duke Wilson is a turnover nightmare

This is a potential blow out win. Defense dependent team to score. Half court offense is truly poor thus far.

With over 5 minutes played, Duke hasn't made a 2nd quarter point yet.

This isn't going well. Outscored 6-0 in the first 5 minutes of 2nd quarter. Not catching up that way.

Sometimes your the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    I'll be watching especially because it's a big game...heck, might even border on being a HUGE game.😁 It would be pretty great to win on the road against the #11 Hokies and continue building momentum going into the tourneys. Go Blue Devils!
    Unlikely but there is still enough time to get the score close. There is no one making any shots and no offense rebounds.

Dumb fouls, dumb turnovers, some really silly calls.

I'm losing count of the offensive fouls called on Duke.

Duke scores 3 points in the 2nd quarter.

THREE!!!!!

Kitley has 16 total for VT.
    This is beyond awful.