Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear DBR

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    ...none of the players are going to come around here for nickname advice...
    And what a shame that is!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    is that true? I admit I hangout solely on Premium Hoops and Elko Lodge (the best discussion of Duke football you can find)...I have found TDD and DBR to complement each other rather well..
    It was, but its been a while. It was rife with trolling threads and spam for most of 2021 and early 2022. I used to post more there and lurk more here at the time, and it just became unbearable. It didn't help that they demodded the regulars that frequented the free board, so I bolted.

Its nowhere near as lively as it used to be, but its been losing users ever since 247 bought out scout. I do miss the old board. I'd always heard the comparison that DBR was like your church pot luck gathering, and TDD was the local dive bar you hung out at the Saturday before.

Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post
    They were trying to make Fetch happen, weren't they
    Sporked!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Sporked!
    He sporked you!! That's so fetch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    He sporked you!! That's so fetch!!!
    He/she literally made fetch happen! I admit to being one of the people who thinks that the negativity is really annoying.

He/she literally made fetch happen! I admit to being one of the people who thinks that the negativity is really annoying.
    The son of a basketball coach hating negativity? I can't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Well. I hate myself too.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Well. I hate myself too.
    “I bet you're going to cry. Come on, mama's boy. Let's see you cry. Come on. Squirt a few. Come on, cry.”

(I learned my best parenting tricks from Pat Conroy)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “I bet you're going to cry. Come on, mama's boy. Let's see you cry. Come on. Squirt a few. Come on, cry.”

I'm running laps. I mean, I could have been more careful with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    I have one, a single, poster muted because I grew weary of the constant and frequent negativity. But I often see their posts when others quote them in replies. Any way to prevent that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post
    I can't tell if you're joking or not. Hard to tell when you're just reading text.

If you're not joking, my question is why? Can't you just disregard what he has to say?
    It’s not that easy.

For example, a certain backpfeifengesicht has been reinstated on several social platforms. I never want to hear from that schmuck again and would not follow. But if I cannot auto-block posts from others that put his corpulent festering gob in my feed by reposting the putz, it lessens my enjoyment of the platform — perhaps to the point of not using that platform anymore. Blocking does little good if it just shows up again in a different form.

I do not know if it can be done technically, but I would welcome the exact thing jwillfan requests.

FWIW, YMMV. Void where prohibited.

(I am, of course, talking about ClemmonsDevil)

Oh, and peteandpete is right too IMO.
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 01-25-2023 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Props to p&p

I have one, a single, poster muted because I grew weary of the constant and frequent negativity. But I often see their posts when others quote them in replies. Any way to prevent that?
    Ignoring infrequent posters is fine. Blocking negative posters is fine. Ignoring frequent posters is difficult. Blocking frequent posters leads to nearly illegible threads.

Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    I am growing weary of some of the posters here telling other posters how to feel about the frustrations many of us have over the current men's basketball season. It is a forum. It is not expected, or rather, it should not be expected that we all agree. It is almost chilling to see some people telling others that maybe they should seek different outlets for their frustrations. People don't need to be lectured or called names. Stop projecting. One of the problems is that the college game has been seriously overexposed. Expectations (of players and fans) are unrealistic and we continue to see issues caused by the American evolution of the game which focuses on flash over fundamentals. Many of us don't know each other personally and don't know what's going on in the personal lives of posters. I have cancer, for example. Please stop telling others how to feel. Stay safe and well. Let's Go Duke!
    Sorry to hear of your cancer. My mother in law was just diagnosed and has surgery Monday to remove it. I definitely know the stress it can cause folks and their families.

It’s not that easy.
    backpfeifengesicht
    truncated
    THANK YOU - you get me, OPK, you really get me! And, love the "backpfeifengesicht" call out! Worth a google if you aren't familiar with that word. Historically I have associated it with Ted Cruz...

THANK YOU - you get me, OPK, you really get me! And, love the "backpfeifengesicht" call out! Worth a google if you aren't familiar with that word. Historically I have associated it with Ted Cruz...
    Ah, I've learned something new. Thanks!

After last night's game Sixers/Nets game, I think I'd associate the word with Joel Embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    I am growing weary of some of the posters here telling other posters how to feel about the frustrations many of us have over the current men's basketball season. It is a forum. It is not expected, or rather, it should not be expected that we all agree. It is almost chilling to see some people telling others that maybe they should seek different outlets for their frustrations. People don't need to be lectured or called names. Stop projecting. One of the problems is that the college game has been seriously overexposed. Expectations (of players and fans) are unrealistic and we continue to see issues caused by the American evolution of the game which focuses on flash over fundamentals. Many of us don't know each other personally and don't know what's going on in the personal lives of posters. I have cancer, for example. Please stop telling others how to feel. Stay safe and well. Let's Go Duke!
    Just wanted to say I found your post interesting as I have shared the same thoughts recently. I almost think the tone of the front page article was what put me over the top. This board is so condemning of anyone not wearing rose (or is that blue) colored glasses. I know that is the direction the site chooses to go and understand and appreciate setting a high standard. Having said that I'd argue the standard slips when others are condemned for expressing something of a negative nature and made to feel like they have some kind of problem. Heck the front page article called for certain folks to grow up. I'd like to know what infraction I would receive if I told another poster on the board to grow up. I personally like reading all opinions of my fellow fans whether positive or negative. I get that the site doesn't want player and coach bashing. Maybe negative opinion poster bashing should be eliminated as well? Assuming they post within the guidelines.

To the OP...kick cancer's I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.!

Quote Originally Posted by 6th Man View Post
    ... I almost think the tone of the front page article was what put me over the top….
    Same.
    No soup for you!

Who is the owner of the DBR forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post
    Who is the owner of the DBR forums?
    Bleacher Report, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Bleacher Report, I believe.
    I assume one of the moderators has ultimate control over the forum.