2023 McDonald's All-American Rosters

https://sports.yahoo.com/bronny-jame...211004376.html

Apparently this game is now about politics. No recruiting expert in their right mind would say LeBron James Jr. is a better player than Caleb Foster (or even TJ power), both of whom were left out.

Mackenzie Mgbako, Sean Stewart, and Jared McCain will represent Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post

Apparently this game is now about politics. No recruiting expert in their right mind would say LeBron James Jr. is a better player than Caleb Foster (or even TJ power), both of whom were left out.

Mackenzie Mgbako, Sean Stewart, and Jared McCain will represent Duke.
    To be fair, these teams have had the occasional odd selection for years. Marshall Plumlee for example had no business being in the McDonald’s game his senior year as a fringe top-75 recruit.

Also, as a 5th year guy, Power wasn’t eligible anyway.
    Last edited by CDu; 01-24-2023 at 05:11 PM.

Hate to see so many UNC recruits on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Marshall Plumlee for example had no business being in the McDonald’s game his senior year as a fringe top-75 recruit.
    Kennedy Meeks also had no business on any McDonald's list, except for the one naming their most frequent customers.

Quote Originally Posted by RepoMan View Post
    Hate to see so many UNC recruits on the roster
    I love seeing UNC players on the roster, and I especially love the recent trend of them getting more highly-ranked recruits (Ian Jackson, Elliot Cadeau) so that they can see what it feels like to have to get an almost entirely new starting lineup every year like we do.

It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post

Apparently this game is now about politics. No recruiting expert in their right mind would say LeBron James Jr. is a better player than Caleb Foster.
    Well...

It isn't like Foster was in the range of an automatic pick. For some reason (maybe recruiting rankers didn't like that he's become more of a scorer and less of a distributor lately) Foster's ranking in the class has slipped a bit lately and he is on the back end of where a McD would be.

As for LBJjr, by all accounts the kid has been balling lately and has had some impressive performances in AAU events. He may be ranked a little bit lower than other McD players, but this isn't that much of a reach. And the ratings/attention on this game will be significantly impacted by his participation. Him making the team was sorta a no-brainer in that regard.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I love seeing UNC players on the roster, and I especially love the recent trend of them getting more highly-ranked recruits (Ian Jackson, Elliot Cadeau) so that they can see what it feels like to have to get an almost entirely new starting lineup every year like we do.

It sucks.
    Sorry Steven, that ain't happening. It's where Mickey Ds go to their resting place.

GoDuke!

Trip down memory lane

Quite the list with points at Duke.
    https://www.si.com/college/duke/bask...nalds-american

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Quite the list with points at Duke.
    https://www.si.com/college/duke/bask...nalds-american
    Makes me wonder if we will ever see another 2k scorer at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post

It sucks.
    Ha. These guys will soon learn that UNC is where you go if you want to see your NBA dreams die. These kids will be at UNC for the next 4 years.