Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
I would suggest there is a real risk of small sample size effect here. Young has shot 67% over the past 3 games, which is basically right in line with his norms. He had two subpar shooting games the two games prior to that. So I am not sure how much they figured out vs him just having two bad games and course correcting since.

As for Lively, that awesome rebound rate is mainly driven by one awesome game against Miami.

That said, if Lively has more games like Miami moving forward, his minutes will go up.
Maybe. Ryan has only been taking four shots a game, recently. Other than BC, he hasn’t passed much, and he hasn’t been going to the free throw line. Even if his efficiency hasn’t suffered recently (which I think it has, but I’m not sure to what extent), that’s not so much of an offensive impact. Dereck has taken more shots in recent games and made just one fewer basket, in 65% of the minutes. Since we all agree Lively has a much bigger defensive impact, at Young’s recent usage rate, perhaps his offensive efficiency doesn’t justify playing more minutes than Lively. Just a thought, anyway.