Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Scheyer says:

'how do you like me now?'

Yes Scheyer is doing a great job. Best move was making Proctor the lead guard and moving Roach off ball. I also love how hard these guys play for him.

Totally out-coached Hubert tonight! Can we close this thread now, please?

Let’s leave it open for a while longer as proof of the supposition that man can be merely wrong at times where at other times man can be a blithering idiot. This is the organizing construct of my marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Totally out-coached Hubert tonight! Can we close this thread now, please?
    Close it or torch it…
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Jon Scheyer is the elephant I want to roll with.

Jon has made two particularly good adjustments.

Moving Roach to the wing on offense and stopping the switch all screens on defense.

Shut this thread down now.

Scheyer is a great recruiter. His first team is undefeated at home and 8-4 in conference, now tied for 4th in the loss column (and the double bye). His play calling in the biggest game of the season was excellent. When the chips were down and the Devils needed to score to change the game in the last minute, his play for Roach was brlliant. He saw what the Cheats were giving Duke all game, down the middle in the lane. He pulled Flip out to give the ball to Roach. He could have chosen Proctor, but he didn't have the hot hand, so he gave it to the upperclassman. By pulling Flip out, it brought his bigger defender out. He kept Lively near the lane to clean up any miss, but it wasn't needed as Roach used his speed to get to the hole and the score. Perfect. So please, stop this silly thread. Let it die tonight.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

People love complaining about things that are actually A-OK.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    People love complaining about things that are actually A-OK.
    Yep.

In most cases in major college sports, rule numero uno for head coaches is just beat your rivals. If you do nothing else right, just beat your rivals.

Way to go Coach Jon Scheyer! Man! What a win. I’m still jacked up. 1-0 vs UNC. That is a HUGE win for him and this team. Now sit back and really watch how he coaches these guys these next two (tough) games.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Yep.

In most cases in major college sports, rule numero uno for head coaches is just beat your rivals. If you do nothing else right, just beat your rivals.

Way to go Coach Jon Scheyer! Man! What a win. I’m still jacked up. 1-0 vs UNC. That is a HUGE win for him and this team. Now sit back and really watch how he coaches these guys these next two (tough) games.
    How about also holding serve on your home court and doing well in your OOC slate. Seems like a good set of results.

Rather than shutting down the thread, perhaps a rename to "The Jon Scheyer thread" is more advisable so we can discuss his awesomeness?

But seriously, having a thread to discuss the new head coach seems appropriate, it's simply that the first person to post named it something that is clearly coming from one perspective that most don't seem to agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Let’s leave it open for a while longer as proof of the supposition that man can be merely wrong at times where at other times man can be a blithering idiot. This is the organizing construct of my marriage.
    Constructed by your woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Constructed by your woman?
    Yeah, she slipped it by me in the pre-nup. What can I say, I was in love.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 02-04-2023 at 11:36 PM. Reason: But lest I take the joke too far, she was without question the best thing to ever happen to me.

Smart lady…. she made you sign a pre-nup.

Clearly, you ARE in love. Congrats!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    Shut this thread down now.

Scheyer is a great recruiter. His first team is undefeated at home and 8-4 in conference, now tied for 4th in the loss column (and the double bye). His play calling in the biggest game of the season was excellent. When the chips were down and the Devils needed to score to change the game in the last minute, his play for Roach was brlliant. He saw what the Cheats were giving Duke all game, down the middle in the lane. He pulled Flip out to give the ball to Roach. He could have chosen Proctor, but he didn't have the hot hand, so he gave it to the upperclassman. By pulling Flip out, it brought his bigger defender out. He kept Lively near the lane to clean up any miss, but it wasn't needed as Roach used his speed to get to the hole and the score. Perfect. So please, stop this silly thread. Let it die tonight.

9F

Great analysis.

This thread worked as it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Smart lady…. she made you sign a pre-nup.

Clearly, you ARE in love. Congrats!!!!
    Isn’t saying he’s a gold-digger, but CB ain’t messing with no brokey broke.

My résumé reads actor, musician, trophy husband. I don’t think I filed a 1040 until after I got married.