Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Well I get that it's necessary to point out those of us that were critical of the team 1/2 way through the season. That said, this is the most astounding turnaround for a Duke team I have witnessed. Kudos to those of you that could've envisioned the amplitude of the turnaround and were sober enough to keep your cool as the rest of us were losing our heads. I called this team unlikeable at the time because they showed no signs of playing as a team and seemed completely out of sorts. I continued to watch and hope. But never could have imagined this transformation. I think it's a misnomer to label those of us that were highly critical, bandwagoners. Bandwagoners are those that only root for a team when they begin to succeed. That said, this team has taught me an important lesson that it's necessary to keep perspective and not lose hope for the possibilities. Those of you that kept your equilibrium through the maelstrom are a testament to Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by LBF View Post
    Well I get that it's necessary to point out those of us that were critical of the team 1/2 way through the season. That said, this is the most astounding turnaround for a Duke team I have witnessed. Kudos to those of you that could've envisioned the amplitude of the turnaround and were sober enough to keep your cool as the rest of us were losing our heads. I called this team unlikeable at the time because they showed no signs of playing as a team and seemed completely out of sorts. I continued to watch and hope. But never could have imagined this transformation. I think it's a misnomer to label those of us that were highly critical, bandwagoners. Bandwagoners are those that only root for a team when they begin to succeed. That said, this team has taught me an important lesson that it's necessary to keep perspective and not lose hope for the possibilities. Those of you that kept your equilibrium through the maelstrom are a testament to Duke.
    Trust the process.

Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by LBF View Post
    That said, this team has taught me an important lesson that it's necessary to keep perspective and not lose hope for the possibilities.
    Yeah? Well, I’m just a tad skeptical as to how well the “not lose hope” thing worked out for UNC fans this season. 😉

Classic response from the end of last night's Oral Roberts post-game presser...

Q. Jon, I don't think Coach K won an NCAA tournament debut so is there anything you can kind of...

Scheyer: (cutting the reporter off). Let's not go down that road. He's done everything you could do. I'm not going down that road.

CBS Morning on Coach Scheyer

The Chi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Classic response from the end of last night's Oral Roberts post-game presser...

Q. Jon, I don't think Coach K won an NCAA tournament debut so is there anything you can kind of...

Scheyer: (cutting the reporter off). Let's not go down that road. He's done everything you could do. I'm not going down that road.
    Jon is a really good interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Yeah? Well, I’m just a tad skeptical as to how well the “not lose hope” thing worked out for UNC fans this season. 😉
    It worked well last year.

My degree of hope has more to do with the quality of my own experience as a fan—I’m not sure my degree of hope affects Duke players, coaches, or administrators.

In general, it seems best to give the benefit of the doubt to our guys!

<Sigh>