Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Teams took turns trying to give the game away. Pitt took some bad shots down the stretch and had a shot-clock violation in the final 10 seconds giving Wake a chance to tie or win. Wake was missing FTs left and right in the final few minutes. Left at least 5 or 6 points at the line in the final couple minutes. I kid you not.

And, as you might imagine, the refs played a role again. On one of the key missed FTs in the final minute, Pitt's big man forgot about blocking out the guy behind him and allowed Wake's Tyree Appleby to grab the FT rebound cleanly. As Appleby came down, the Pitt big man bumped him a little and knocked him out of bounds. Not a lot of contact, but Appleby would not have gone out of bounds without the contact. Ref blows his whistle and says, "Pitt ball."
    Crazy ending. Pitt’s last possession was a head scratcher. Just happy Jeff and the boys got a much needed W.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Speaking of Louisville, how long is the leash for Kenny Payne? Is this season so bad that it's possibly one and done for him?
    I think he has to get 3 years minimum there. Louisville is actually winning 35-29 at Boston College at the half. The quest for 0-20 may end tonight for Louisville.

That may have been the worst end to a first half in the history of basketball. Louisville has it, inbounding on their own end line with 5.4 to go. The inbounds pass is lofted up directly to a wide open BC player at the top of the arc who dribbles it the length of the court... and blows a wide open layup.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I think he has to get 3 years minimum there. Louisville is actually winning 35-29 at Boston College at the half. The quest for 0-20 may end tonight for Louisville.
    I can’t imagine they’d keep him for a 3rd season without some significant progress next year. Fewer than 5 conference wins in the next season would have to mean he’s gone.

BC does the job by 10. Next up for Louisville is ND.

My neighbor said someone broke into their car last night and left them 4 tickets to the Louisville at Boston College game tonight.
    sporks for making me shoot root beer right out my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    sporks for making me shoot root beer right out my nose.
    Glad you enjoyed it!

The quest for 0-20 lives on for another game for Louisville!

They’re now 2-18, 0-9 and 301 overall on Kenpom. There are 363 total D1 teams ranked on Kenpom.

Quote Originally Posted by W&LHoo View Post
    I can’t imagine they’d keep him for a 3rd season without some significant progress next year. Fewer than 5 conference wins in the next season would have to mean he’s gone.
    I agree with that. I’d even say if they start 0-9 in league play again next year like they have this year, he may be relieved of his duties mid season.

I agree with that. I’d even say if they start 0-9 in league play again next year like they have this year, he may be relieved of his duties mid season.
    I watched most of the 2nd half. Louisville has some good players who made some good plays. And then... they fell apart, not being able to handle BC traps and presses. It was ugly, ugly. Oh my ... coaching.

Louisville is well on their way to 2-19, 0-10. They are down 46-24 at the half at Notre Dame.

Really close game in Winston right now between Wake and NC State. ACC network before our game.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Really close game in Winston right now between Wake and NC State. ACC network before our game.
    Wake just continued to let Burns abuse them one on one. No adjustment from Forbes to try and stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Wake just continued to let Burns abuse them one on one. No adjustment from Forbes to try and stop it.
    To be fair they doubled Burns a couple times and pushed him to the high post once late. On those 3 possessions Burns found a guy for a 3pt attempt, and State hit 2 of those 3 attempts. I think Burns ended with 14-26 and 3-8 from the line for 31 points and 2 turnovers line. ESTIMATING just short of 1ppp. Giving good looks from 3 almost certainly yields more than 1ppp (esp as NCSU shot about 42% from 3 on the day). So maybe Forbes was right to do it? OR it's at least a close call.

Pitt, down 68-60, with a gallant rally beats Miami 71-68. Jeff has Pitt playing very well. They/Jeff will make the dance!

Quite the Miam@Pitt game. Pitt took their first lead in the second half with about :30 to go, and holds on for the win.

-jk

Good for Pitt, less good for us as Miami was heading towards making our home win over them a Q1 win.

Wow. Pitt beat Miami 71-68 in an exciting finish. Pitt inbounding the ball up 1 with 7 seconds left and the Pitt player stepped on the line to turn the ball over. Then Miami, inbounding under its own basket (still down 1) had the inbounds pass stolen by Pitt, and had to foul. Pitt player hits both ends of 1 and 1 (both teams has fouls to give in the waning seconds). Congrats to Pitt for hanging on!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Good for Pitt, less good for us as Miami was heading towards making our home win over them a Q1 win.
    You have to feel good for Jeff. He has turned around the program this year and saved his job. I for one am glad for his success. With many winnable ACC games left for Pitt, they can finish the year with 14, perhaps 15, ACC wins.

Clemson is good this year to me.