Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The more egregious call came much earlier in the second half when Mintz was again driving at the basket and got called for a charge when Davis fell over like a fainting goat. Should have been an and-one to give Syracuse the lead but of course the CHeats get the call instead. That was probably the fifth time (up until then) that the announcers said "that's a tough one" for Syracuse or "UNC may have gotten a break there."

Also, UNC shot 23 free throws tonight to only 3 for Syracuse. That is a phenomenal 62 ft’s for UNC to 15 for their opponents the last 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    The more egregious call came much earlier in the second half when Mintz was again driving at the basket and got called for a charge when Davis fell over like a fainting goat. Should have been an and-one to give Syracuse the lead but of course the CHeats get the call instead. That was probably the fifth time (up until then) that the announcers said "that's a tough one" for Syracuse or "UNC may have gotten a break there."
    I was thinking about all the calls that went the Heels’ way while I watched the last few minutes:

The block that was called a charge that UC references above.
    Then the block that was called a charge, then upgraded to an F1, with 10 seconds left.
    Then the takedown by Love that was called on Syracuse.

And I only watched the last few minutes! You really can’t make this stuff up! And don’t tell me referees don’t influence the outcome of games. Can you imagine what the outcry would be if Duke had been the beneficiary of those calls?

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Is Roger Ayers going to win one for the Heels? I can’t believe he called that a charge with 10 seconds left, much less an F1. Unbelievable.

But sure, Flip can get punched in the throat - no call.
    My question re Flip: What would be called if he threw up on the official, or maybe on the VT player. Could that be a Fragrant 1? But on whom?

Man GT is horrific this year. Down to 163 on Kenpom.

Josh Pastner on the hot seat?

Pitt is -3 vs Wake Forest tonight. Let’s go fighting Capel, III’s.

Here’s hoping Boston College, who is -10.5 vs Louisville, can keep Louisville’s perfect season going tonight. I want to see history. The quest for 0-20 goes thru Chestnut Hill tonight.

Watching the final 3 minutes of cheats vs ‘Cuse, I am totally flummoxed at the calls by the officials. And no, I am not trying to sound like those idiots in chapel hole by complaining, but GOOD GRIEF!! Yes, Girrard made a dumb move by trying to save a ball under the cheat basket, but the calls after that. Love shoved his defender, and the foul was on Mintz. I don’t know anymore, watching these cheat games is not good for my health.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    And I only watched the last few minutes! You really can’t make this stuff up!
    Believe me, the rest of the game was the same. Duke has gotten calls too, but UNC gets them every game all game long, even on the road. (I do believe the refs are influenced by the crowd and that home teams typically get the more favorable whistle. With one exception...)

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Man GT is horrific this year. Down to 163 on Kenpom.

Josh Pastner on the hot seat?
    Seems like he’s been there every year. He also seems to find his way off at the last minute every time.

Big game in terms of ACC standings tonight between Wake and Pitt.

Pitt leads visitors Wake Forest 49-39 at the half.

Let’s go fightin’ Capel, IIIs!

Pitt leads visitors Wake Forest 49-39 at the half.

Let’s go fightin’ Capel, IIIs!
    I see Ayers on the game. I know many Duke fans don't like him as an official, but each year he's voted as one of the best officials in the game by coaches.

Pitt beats Wake Forest 81-79.

My neighbor said someone broke into their car last night and left them 4 tickets to the Louisville at Boston College game tonight.

Teams took turns trying to give the game away. Pitt took some bad shots down the stretch and had a shot-clock violation in the final 10 seconds giving Wake a chance to tie or win. Wake was missing FTs left and right in the final few minutes. Left at least 5 or 6 points at the line in the final couple minutes. I kid you not.

And, as you might imagine, the refs played a role again. On one of the key missed FTs in the final minute, Pitt's big man forgot about blocking out the guy behind him and allowed Wake's Tyree Appleby to grab the FT rebound cleanly. As Appleby came down, the Pitt big man bumped him a little and knocked him out of bounds. Not a lot of contact, but Appleby would not have gone out of bounds without the contact. Ref blows his whistle and says, "Pitt ball."
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

My neighbor said someone broke into their car last night and left them 4 tickets to the Louisville at Boston College game tonight.
    That's some quality humor there.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

RJ Barrett and a couple other Knicks in the house watching. 3 of 17 fans in attendance

Speaking of Louisville, how long is the leash for Kenny Payne? Is this season so bad that it's possibly one and done for him?

Big win for Pitt. This gets them to 7-3. They have six (of their ten) quite winnable games left - home against Louisville, GTech, Syracuse, and BC and FSU and Notre Dame on the road. 12-8 is quite doable and that should get them in the tournament and 13-7 makes them a lock. A bid should ensure Jeff more time at Pitt.
    Last edited by Hartford Dukie; 01-25-2023 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    I see Ayers on the game. I know many Duke fans don't like him as an official, but each year he's voted as one of the best officials in the game by coaches.
    Makes sense - all the other coaches know he has it in for Duke!