R.I.P. - Let it Ride, Robbie Bachman

Possibly of interest only to me, but drummers in general don't get enough respect and he was a founding member of Bachman-Turner Overdrive. BTO II was the first album I ever bought. So many great rockin' songs by this band, it's a shame they don't get more respect.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/revi...978dd4ac4363d3

R.I.P.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

I saw his brother Randy at a grocery store in New Orleans one day; he was right in front of me in line. Nobody else even knew who he was.

Sad to hear about Robbie's death. I loved BTO.

Been busy the last couple days, but I have to say, Bachman wasn't really on my radar, either, and I'm very much a drumming aficionado. I didn't get much exposure to BTO, honestly, as they were popular at a time when I didn't have the opportunity to do much musical exploration, and none of my later friends really had them as an interest. I'll have to go back and have a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Been busy the last couple days, but I have to say, Bachman wasn't really on my radar, either, and I'm very much a drumming aficionado. I didn't get much exposure to BTO, honestly, as they were popular at a time when I didn't have the opportunity to do much musical exploration, and none of my later friends really had them as an interest. I'll have to go back and have a listen.
    Here's a good place to start. Nuthin' fancy I guess, but just so solid and the foundation of the rock.

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

BTO's best work is great. Thanks for passing on the sad news.