View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Pittsburgh tonight?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ryan Young

1 1.64%
  • Kyle Filipowski

45 73.77%
  • Mark Mitchell

0 0%
  • Tyrese Proctor

14 22.95%
  • Dariq Whitehead

0 0%
  • Jaylen Blakes

0 0%
  • Jacob Grandison

0 0%
  • Dereck Lively

1 1.64%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v Pittsburgh (Jan 11, 2023)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Pittsburgh tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Stats for Flip, heart for Proctor. God love Tyrese he kept the helm steady
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Stats for Flip, heart for Proctor. God love Tyrese he kept the helm steady
    Yeah, that's why I voted for him. Thought he was very good down the stretch. And Flip's turnovers continue to frustrate me.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Flip was in Jules Beast mode, even when everyone else was scrambling. Clearly MOTM.
    I liked that Proctor had his best game at Duke. So far.
    I also like that Lively had a very good game despite fouling out. There was a 5 minute stretch there when he completely dominated the game.

Flip was great but Proctor played like a vet in winning time.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Flip was great but Proctor played like a vet in winning time.
    Proctor could change this team's trajectory if he continues to play this way.

Flip was MOTM, but Lively's defense changed the game. They had been abusing Flip and Ryan on switches all night, but when Lively came in, they could not find a way around him. Those defensive stops got us on track as a team. I was tempted to vote Lively just for that reason, but Flip was just too good for the whole game, and as important as Lively's defense was in the second half, when you can only stay on the floor for 12 minutes, you can't be MOTM.

I voted for Proctor here on DBR and I voted for Flip on the front page. Both were deserving. I thought Tyrese stepped up as the point guard with 14 points, 5 assists and 0 turnovers. He hit some big shots down the stretch and was perfect from the line going 5-5. Flip had an outstanding game with 28 points and 15 rebounds. The only blemish was his 4 turnovers.

GoDuke!

I voted for Flip, but I was tempted to give my vote to Young for a single play sequence, diving on the floor for the loose ball, passing from the floor after the recovery and then getting up and fighting for rebound.

I heart that kind of heart.

I had to vote for Filipowski based on overall performance--glad to see this version of Filipowski back on the court. But it may be Proctor who actually won this game for us--in the closing minutes, when Pitt started to eat into the lead, he made some crucial plays.

And I agree Ryan Young's floor dive sequence was the play of the game.

After ripping on Lively for the last week, I had to vote Lively.

I thought his energy and defense helped turn the tide.

Without Flip, we don't win. Without Proctor's end-game management, we likely don't win. And without Lively's critical 2nd half contributions, we don't win.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Voted for Flip because without that monster performance we lose. Part of that monster is those turnovers, though. He has to get those under control, because while he's scoring for us, those TOs also equate to scoring for them. Twelve TOs across the last three games.
    Keep that ball in your hands, big man!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

You gotta vote for Flip on this one, but this was a team win in every way. Each player contributed something valuable to the final outcome. Coach made solid adjustments, and even an injured JR was involved and animated on the bench. I knew this team needed a leader on the court to inspire some toughness in his teammates- I did not think that guy would be the young Tyrese Proctor, but it surely was last night! Also how about a vote for the Crazies and others in attendance? I was in the bleachers and Cameron was ROCKING in the second half. I've heard several players say how much the crowd carried them down the stretch. Classic Cameron. 6th man! Very pleased with a complete team win!