Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I have been on a media blackout about all things Wrexham related so the next season would be a surprise. Which I knew was totally unrealistic.
    Don’t worry, A-Tex Devil was kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I have been on a media blackout about all things Wrexham related so the next season would be a surprise. Which I knew was totally unrealistic.
    I took the exact opposite approach for exactly that reason. I have followed their progress all season, and look forward to the series filling in the actual story.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I took the exact opposite approach for exactly that reason. I have followed their progress all season, and look forward to the series filling in the actual story.
    I think you made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I tried same approach as Crazy but I think you had the only realistic plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I tried same approach as Crazy but I think you had the only realistic plan.
    Even if you know the outcome, you will be enthralled with the journey this season.

Yeah…. The Men in Blazers were joking that they were getting complaints on their Twitter feed about spoiling the next season of Welcome to Wrexham. Are people watching Drive to Survive the same way?

Apologies, but given it’s spoiled, some of the clips after the game on the field and in the press room are legendary. The players, fans, RR and RM have this relationship I’ve never seen in professional sports. This isn’t gleaned from watching the show, but just keeping up with team this year. The Glazers and John Henry should take note.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm assuming that with the Wrexham talk, folks are aware that they will be playing Chelsea in Kenan this summer.

https://tarheelswire.usatoday.com/20...a-and-wrexham/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm assuming that with the Wrexham talk, folks are aware that they will be playing Chelsea in Kenan this summer.

https://tarheelswire.usatoday.com/20...a-and-Wrexham/
    Wow, that's crazy that Wrexham is playing Chelsea in an overseas exhibition. Congrats to Ryan, Rob and all the original Wrexham supporters.

Luton clinched a spot in the playoff for the third promotion spot for Premiere League. I believe if they win they are first team to go from out of the Football League to Premiere League….

Also, Stockport, who won the National League last year, will get out of League 2 and move up to League 1 in its first year. This is the path Wrexham will expect to follow given the resources behind it.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID

Balogun to the USA

This is big new news, as perhaps the one area the USA men haven't shown up at is the international level 9. We are by no means prefect everywhere else, but our one glaring hole the last few years has been the 9, and Balogun has been among the best in League One, rivaling Mbappe and the other international level striker in CONCACAF, David. His lack of call up to the England squad for the summer was perhaps enough of a push for him to make the switch, but their loss is our gain

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    This is big new news, as perhaps the one area the USA men haven't shown up at is the international level 9. We are by no means prefect everywhere else, but our one glaring hole the last few years has been the 9, and Balogun has been among the best in League One, rivaling Mbappe and the other international level striker in CONCACAF, David. His lack of call up to the England squad for the summer was perhaps enough of a push for him to make the switch, but their loss is our gain
    Fantastic news!

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    A potential game changer. We are well stocked on the wings and midfield. Getting a potentially elite young striker is huge. Very excited to see him wearing the US shirt!

European leagues are wrapping up their seasons and it's all chaulk at the top with one glaring standout: Napoli in Series A. That's a blast from the past. They actually put away the Italian league several weeks ago. They haven't won it since Maradona was on the pitch. I still hate them but the team did basically come back from the dead (several relegations and a bankruptcy) to return to the top. Feyenoord winning the Eredivisie (the Dutch league) is a tad unexpected but they've been knocking at the door the last few seasons.

2022-2023 League Champs:
    English Premier League: Manchester City
    LaLiga: Barcelona
    Bundesliga: Bayern Munich
    Series A: Napoli
    Eredivisie: Feyenoord
    Ligue: Paris Saint-Germain

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    European leagues are wrapping up their seasons and it's all chaulk at the top with one glaring standout: Napoli in Series A. That's a blast from the past. They actually put away the Italian league several weeks ago. They haven't won it since Maradona was on the pitch. I still hate them but the team did basically come back from the dead (several relegations and a bankruptcy) to return to the top. Feyenoord winning the Eredivisie (the Dutch league) is a tad unexpected but they've been knocking at the door the last few seasons.

2022-2023 League Champs:
    Good for PSG. The poor guys finally get a break.

It's gonna be tough following the EPL next year without my Foxes.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    It's gonna be tough following the EPL next year without my Foxes.
    Sorry man. But that Doucoure strike kept the Toffees up, regardless of what happened elsewhere , even if the last 20 minutes or so was was dicey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post

2022-2023 League Champs:
    Dortmund had the title right in front of them and lost to Mainz at home on the last day. They still almost backed into it when Bayern drew level with Cologne in the second half of their match, but Bayern eventually pulled out the win. Would have been nice to see some else win the Bundesliga. I also have an affinity for Dortmund since Pulisic got his start there and Reyna is there now. Reyna was a game-changing sub in the Mainz match but it wasn’t enough for a come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Dortmund had the title right in front of them and lost to Mainz at home on the last day. They still almost backed into it when Bayern drew level with Cologne in the second half of their match, but Bayern eventually pulled out the win. Would have been nice to see some else win the Bundesliga. I also have an affinity for Dortmund since Pulisic got his start there and Reyna is there now. Reyna was a game-changing sub in the Mainz match but it wasn’t enough for a come back.
    It would have been nice seeing Dortmund win but realistic they (and really the entire Bundesliga) are basically farm teams for Bayern.

In no European football, Cristiano Ronaldo ends his season trophy less as Al Nassr lose to Al Ittihad. Al Ittihad are five points ahead with one game to go. FYI, Al Nassr were top of the table before Ronaldo showed up. Christiano is probably crying to the bank but $213 million a year doesn't buy what it use to.

Pity poor Jarrad Branthwaite. The on-loan young central defender was a key figure in PSV’s run to second place in the Eredivise and a spot in the last round of Champions League qualifying. PSV’s then-manager Ruud Van Nistelrooy made no secret of his desire to snatch him on a permanent basis.

Now Ruud is out, and Branthwaite goes back to his parent club … Everton.

Going to be interesting to see where a number of Americans end up. Pulisic appears to be surplus to requirements at Chelsea, but his £13 million annual salary will deter plenty of suitors. With Leeds relegated, Adams and McKennie may be available. If anyone with a lick of sense ends up in charge at Chelsea, Slonina will be playing in the Championship on loan next year (Sheffield Wednesday, maybe?)