Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    The whole thing should be available on replay when it's done, but probably at a different link. I'll post it when it's available.
    Here you go.

ESPN Watch: Duke Blue & White Spring Game

ACC Link: https://theacc.com/news/2023/5/31/ac...announced.aspx

Duke's first 3 games have been set.

Clemson 8PM ESPN
    Lafayette 6PM ACCNX
    NW 3:30 PM ACCN

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    ACC Link: https://theacc.com/news/2023/5/31/ac...announced.aspx

Duke's first 3 games have been set.

Clemson 8PM ESPN
    Lafayette 6PM ACCNX
    NW 3:30 PM ACCN
    8:00 game against Clemson on ESPN on Labor Day is a huge opportunity.

Ticket Office

According to a just received email, it's now four games: Wake Forest 11/2 @ 7:30 on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    8:00 game against Clemson on ESPN on Labor Day is a huge opportunity.
    And the line is open and Duke is getting 12 points, so it's most definitely a huge opportunity for all you Emperors.

UConn link: https://uconnhuskies.com/sports/football/schedule

You can add a 5th game on 9/23 and start figuring out your TV or travel plans now. UConn, 330 PM, CBS Sports Network. The rest will be 6-13 days in advance because they are on the ACC contract.

For folks who have complained about noon games in the early season, this is a good chance to support the Devils when at home.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    For folks who have complained about noon games in the early season, this is a good chance to support the Devils when at home.
    Clemmons air tickets have already been procured...very good and difficult schedule this year for our rejuvenated lads.

Agree with this, very favorable.

Just to maintain some balance, though, is it OK if I complain again about us granting "we are always desperate to fill our schedule since going independent in football" UCONNNN!!! not just a 1:1 home-and-home, but also giving them the first home game?

Old complaints die hard and all that, but we actually haven't had an attendable September noon kickoff since 2017:

Temple - 7:30
    NC A&T - 6:00

NC A&T - 8:00
    Northwestern - 4:00
    Kansas - 4:00

Army - 7:00
    NC Central - 3:30

5 night games and 3 mid-afternooners. Not bad, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Agree with this, very favorable.

Just to maintain some balance, though, is it OK if I complain again about us granting "we are always desperate to fill our schedule since going independent in football" UCONNNN!!! not just a 1:1 home-and-home, but also giving them the first home game?
    Eh, not many FBS schools are going to agree to something other than a 1:1 with us. Playing the road game this year makes sense since we're home against Northwestern and go to Evanston in 2024.

If you want something to complaint about, it's the difficulty of the schedule as a whole. We get to play FSU again now that they are good, and have to play Clemson and Notre Dame as well. The way the new ACC schedule works will be interesting. We may have to grade odd years on a curve relative to even years, when we get to trade Clemson and FSU for Syracuse and BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Maturin View Post
    Eh, not many FBS schools are going to agree to something other than a 1:1 with us. Playing the road game this year makes sense since we're home against Northwestern and go to Evanston in 2024.
    Sure, not many will. UConn is one that might. They are desperate for P5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Sure, not many will. UConn is one that might. They are desperate for P5 games.
    I'm not sure they are that desperate. Looking at fbschedules.com, UConn has home and homes set up with NC State(first game was 2022), UNC, Wake, Duke, Maryland, Purdue(first game was 2021), Indiana (first game was 2019), BC (first game was 2022), and Ole Miss. Those all appear to have been scheduled as 1 for 1s. They also have 4 games scheduled with Syracuse- two at the Dome, one at UConn, and one at an undetermined neutral site. If the rumors of UConn to the Big 12 are true (bad idea if you ask me, but that's another thread), they'll actually be needing to dump some of those games.

Old complaints die hard and all that, but we actually haven't had an attendable September noon kickoff since 2017:

Temple - 7:30

NC A&T - 8:00
    Northwestern - 4:00
    Kansas - 4:00

Army - 7:00
    NC Central - 3:30

5 night games and 3 mid-afternooners. Not bad, I say.
    Yes- die hard- still suffering from some heat effects of those early games

My only complaint is these game will keep me up past my bedtime !

It will be well worth it when we knock off Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Yes- die hard- still suffering from some heat effects of those early games
    I agree, those downplaying the noon starts are more likely to have not attended them I would say. For years we sat on the ultra brutal East side, and I often chatted up the ambulance guys who parked over there (before they, of course, cut down the very nice shade trees)...THEY understood how brutal those games were, especially when you add in the special treats that Duke added including insufficient water at the pitiful concession stands...

Anyway, greatly to our benefit, Elko has elevated our lads from the realm of pitiful...it's an entertaining team to watch, and I think we will we tossed into the noon dung pit far fewer times from now on.

I'm not sure they are that desperate. Looking at fbschedules.com, UConn has home and homes set up with NC State(first game was 2022), UNC, Wake, Duke, Maryland, Purdue(first game was 2021), Indiana (first game was 2019), BC (first game was 2022), and Ole Miss. Those all appear to have been scheduled as 1 for 1s. They also have 4 games scheduled with Syracuse- two at the Dome, one at UConn, and one at an undetermined neutral site. If the rumors of UConn to the Big 12 are true (bad idea if you ask me, but that's another thread), they'll actually be needing to dump some of those games.
    No, they're pretty desperate. It's near impossible for an independent not named Notre Dame to fill a reasonable schedule once conference play starts, which is why you see UConn doing a lot of dumb things like playing at Utah State and at Wyoming in mid- and late-season games (dumb because the travel sucks, it's not a payday like going to Michigan, and those are no-name-but-not-usually-terrible teams).

That UConn could easily join a conference again and cancel games is, of course, a reason not to go there for the first game of a home-and-home. Most, but by no means all, of the series you mention have the first game away for UConn. I assume Duke's reason must be what was already guessed at--balancing our home/away schedule, but there's no reason the UConn games needed to be in consecutive seasons. Many of these contracts are not for games in consecutive seasons. But of course, bottom line, I despise UConn and don't like us doing them any favors.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This is likely a sad day for Coach Elko. A&M's defensive line coach, Terry Price, died yesterday at 55. Aside from being an Aggie alum, he had been on the coaching staff since 2012 and would have worked closely with Elko.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-price-dies-55
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Nice article about / interview with Graham Barton

Pat Fitzgerald has been suspended two weeks, effective immediately, following an investigation into hazing allegations within Northwestern football.

https://twitter.com/zach_barnett/sta...14394324082695
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide