Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    If you expand it to include solo artists as well as bands, you have to make room for Rodney Crowell and John Hiatt.
    Wait, that’s not how you spell “Bob Dylan”.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Nor is it how you spell “Mary Chapin Carpenter,” but you love what you love and I’ll love what I love.

Nor is it how you spell “Mary Chapin Carpenter,” but you love what you love and I’ll love what I love.
    Ohhhhh! Love her!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ohhhhh! Love her!!!!!!!
    Right there with you, brah! Her album “Come on Come on” is in my Top 25 of all time. The song “I Am a Town”, just one of MANY fabulous songs on this album, brings tears to my eyes every time. Not exaggerating. And both of my children spent their entire childhood in Carolina (well, my daughter was born in Austin, but we moved to Durham for Duke Med when she was 5 months old), making this song even more personal and poignant.

https://www.streetdirectory.com/lyri...j/i_am_a_town/

Right there with you, brah! Her album “Come on Come on” is in my Top 25 of all time. The song “I Am a Town”, just one of MANY fabulous songs on this album, brings tears to my eyes every time. Not exaggerating. And both of my children spent their entire childhood in Carolina (well, my daughter was born in Austin, but we moved to Durham for Duke Med when she was 5 months old), making this song even more personal and poignant.

https://www.streetdirectory.com/lyri...j/i_am_a_town/
    So good. And I am hoping you attended Duke Medical school rather than someone requiring there services in your family.

So good. And I am hoping you attended Duke Medical school rather than someone requiring there services in your family.
    Ha! I’m not nearly smart enough to get accepted to Duke Medical School, much less to graduate from there and become an MD. But my wife is. I definitely married up and am not ashamed to admit it. 😉

By the way, Duke Hospital and medical school has played an important role in the lives of many of my family members. My daughter, son, and I spent a lot of time there when my wife was a med student and later a resident in General Surgery. My son was born there. My daughter had surgery there, and was also rushed there by ambulance on two other occasions and taken great care of. My mother had life-saving heart surgery there. My father’s life was saved there by doctors who promptly administered tPA after he arrived unconscious having had a severe stroke. I can’t say enough good things about Duke Med.

As an aside, do you have a favorite Mary Chapin Carpenter album?

Ha! I’m not nearly smart enough to get accepted to Duke Medical School, much less to graduate from there and become an MD. But my wife is. I definitely married up and am not ashamed to admit it. 😉

By the way, Duke Hospital and medical school has played an important role in the lives of many of my family members. My daughter, son, and I spent a lot of time there when my wife was a med student and later a resident in General Surgery. My son was born there. My daughter had surgery there, and was also rushed there by ambulance on two other occasions and taken great care of. My mother had life-saving heart surgery there. My father’s life was saved there by doctors who promptly administered tPA after he arrived unconscious having had a severe stroke. I can’t say enough good things about Duke Med.

As an aside, do you have a favorite Mary Chapin Carpenter album?
    1. How embarrassingly sexist of me. I work in medicine. Horrible mistake.
    2. Easily "Come on, come on".

Tough call for me between “Shooting Straight in the Dark” and “Stones in the Road.”

Hmm, I hadn’t thought of your comment as sexist. But I’m not as well-versed in PC protocol as perhaps as I should be. BTW, I work in medicine, too, though not in direct patient care.

And I agree with you about “Come on Come on” because it has such great variety, is so listenable and flows so well, and most importantly has such all-time classic songs as “Rhythm of the Blues”, “Only a Dream”, “I Am a Town”, “I Take My Chances”, and the stunning title track “Come On Come On”. I mean, WOW. 😮

Hmm, I hadn’t thought of your comment as sexist. But I’m not as well-versed in PC protocol as perhaps as I should be. BTW, I work in medicine, too, though not in direct patient care.

And I agree with you about “Come on Come on” because it has such great variety, is so listenable and flows so well, and most importantly has such all-time classic songs as “Rhythm of the Blues”, “Only a Dream”, “I Am a Town”, “I Take My Chances”, and the stunning title track “Come On Come On”. I mean, WOW. 😮
    Maybe you just aren't as blatantly sexust as ne? But I'm trying, Steven43. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Tough call for me between “Shooting Straight in the Dark” and “Stones in the Road.”
    Just finished listening to “Shooting Straight in the Dark” while playing fetch with my Parson Jack Russell. I hadn’t heard it in many years. Thanks for the reminder. 👍

I’ll listen to “Stones in the Road” with my wife this evening while we sit on our balcony huddled up with blankets and drinking coffee (or maybe Baileys Irish Cream! ☘️) while looking out over the forest. Looking forward to it.

Maybe you just aren't as blatantly sexust as ne? But I'm trying, Steven43. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.
    Lol. Your comments often make me laugh. I appreciate your sense of humor. 👏

I will admit that my home is on town Highway 61, it's right there on the sign. Me and Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I will admit that my home is on town Highway 61, it's right there on the sign. Me and Bob.
    Wait, your residence is literally on Highway 61? When is the last time you revisited?

Wait, your residence is literally on Highway 61? When is the last time you revisited?
    And I've done nothing wrong,
    But I can't find my way home.

- Winwood

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    And I've done nothing wrong,
    But I can't find my way home.

- Winwood
    Blind Faith! Fabulous song from a just-a-notch-below-brilliant album. Unfortunately, for purposes of this thread, they were not an American band. 😢

Blind Faith! Fabulous song from a just-a-notch-below-brilliant album. Unfortunately, for purposes of this thread, they were not an American band. 😢
    But, are they comin’ to your town? To help you party down?
    If so, they’re an American band.

The greatest were totally ignored by the OP’s American band restriction. The greatest band was The Beatles.

Love Blind Faith (and its ancestors). Did a Traffic marathon this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    So you live in Hibbing, MN? And I thought you were in Vermont.