Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

    Carolina Hurricanes 2022-23

    I guess a thread was never started. That can happen in a year when Duke Football and DWBB both shine!

    Well, the Canes are shining, too. They are now on a crazy (and franchise record setting) 11 game win streak. They sit solidly atop the division standings, and are only behind the Boston Bruins in both the conference and the whole of the NHL. (60 points to 56 points, next closest by any team is 52.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rougemont Nebulae
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I guess a thread was never started. That can happen in a year when Duke Football and DWBB both shine!

    Well, the Canes are shining, too. They are now on a crazy (and franchise record setting) 11 game win streak. They sit solidly atop the division standings, and are only behind the Boston Bruins in both the conference and the whole of the NHL. (60 points to 56 points, next closest by any team is 52.)
    Notable streak records within reach: Penguins 92-93 win streak of 17 games. Montreal's point streak of 28 games is good for second, the Canes point streak stands at 17. The Flyers point streak of 35 is still a bit over the horizon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Winning streak ends after an ugly 3rd period against the Rangers.
    1st period 2-1 Canes
    2nd period 1-1
    3rd period 0-3 Rangers.

    Bleah. (But still points)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Winning streak ends after an ugly 3rd period against the Rangers.
    1st period 2-1 Canes
    2nd period 1-1
    3rd period 0-3 Rangers.

    Bleah. (But still points)
    No points for a regulation loss. Go (Raleigh) Canes!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    No points for a regulation loss. Go (Raleigh) Canes!
    Derp.

    Oh well, time for a couple new streaks!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Well the Canes are now on a four game losing streak. Good job, fellas.

    Against the Devils tonight, they had a 2 goal lead with two minutes left in the the second, and saw it tied up with 1 minute to go in the period. Then they coughed up 2 more in the third.

    Peeyeww. Streaking the wrong direction.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Well the Canes are now on a four game losing streak. Good job, fellas.

    Against the Devils tonight, they had a 2 goal lead with two minutes left in the the second, and saw it tied up with 1 minute to go in the period. Then they coughed up 2 more in the third.

    Peeyeww. Streaking the wrong direction.
    The game was broadcast on Hulu instead of on Bally Sports. I was watching a webinar on my computer and when I went to Hulu on my phone, late second period, it was 3-1 Canes! 2 minutes later, 18 seconds game time, it was 3-3. Stopped watching. Went back to it later and it was 4-3 Devils, and quickly 5-3 and then over. Ugh.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rougemont Nebulae
    Itís a mad game In which 50% of the goals are scored on deflections, rebounds, ricochets. Itís a beautiful but chronically chaotic game

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Itís a mad game In which 50% of the goals are scored on deflections, rebounds, ricochets. Itís a beautiful but chronically chaotic game
    Are we talking hockey or futbol?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Itís a mad game In which 50% of the goals are scored on deflections, rebounds, ricochets. Itís a beautiful but chronically chaotic game
    Unfortunately the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th goals all went right through the goalie's legs. The first one trickled through. If I was walking next to it, I would have gotten to in to the goal first.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Similar Threads

  1. Carolina Panthers 2022 - Mayfield & More
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 01-31-2023, 10:54 PM
  2. Hurricanes 2022
    By CameronDuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 10-08-2022, 09:56 PM
  3. Carolina Hurricanes 2021
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-04-2021, 12:16 AM
  4. Carolina Hurricanes 2019-2020 Thread
    By HereBeforeCoachK in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 08-18-2020, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •