Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    They were 22, lost a game to a good team on the road, who might be ranked next week, and then beat a top 5 team. That probably deserves either staying put or moving up 1 or 2.
    "Lost to a good but unranked team". They can be 26th. GTHC
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Don’t like to see Cheats win, even when it helps us.

University of Common Little Adults is in a one-possession struggle late with University of Spoiled Children.

Somebody finally gave South Carolina a game.

Miami has lost to the likes of 10-6 DePaul, 13-3 Columbia (that team's only P5 win), and 12-5 Florida. They had no good wins before these last 2 games and were not even slated to make the tournament, and weren't even close (among the 1st 8 out). They are not a good team, they're ok.
    Last edited by dudog84; 01-08-2023 at 07:24 PM.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Something just dawned on me. DWBB is now the only team left that's undefeated in conference play. I was optimistic, but I did not see that stat coming, not four to five games in. For sure, we'll have a loss at some point, but for now, this a great ride!

PS...something else just dawned on me. Upthread I posted about Havas being given a scholarship. Given the mid-season announcement, I'm assuming that it was available due to Volker no longer being on the team.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 01-08-2023 at 10:06 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

To quell the endless speculation re Lee V., she is fine physically, but Pratt is hard -- really hard for anyone with basketball responsibilities. Hoping to be back in the Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by DU94 View Post
    To quell the endless speculation re Lee V., she is fine physically, but Pratt is hard -- really hard for anyone with basketball responsibilities. Hoping to be back in the Fall.
    That is very helpful, and promising. Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by DU94 View Post
    Yes, thank you. That's good to hear, and very understandable.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke moves up to number nine in the latest ESPN power rankings.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...a-baylor-debut

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Duke moves up to number nine in the latest ESPN power rankings.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...a-baylor-debut
    I was happy to see that. Means the coaches will have us at 20.

Up to 16 in the AP poll. I expected higher.
    State only fell one to 10, VT fell four to 13. The lady cheaters didn't budge at 22.

In the NET, Duke is back up to #7, ahead of ND at #8, NCSU at #11, FSU 17, VT 19 and UNC 24.
    FWIW, Duke is still #2 in the RPI behind UCONN #1 but ahead of South Carolina #3.

Duke remains a three seed (in SC's bracket now) which is expected in the latest bracketology. The ACC does get a ninth team in, though. Last week it was 8.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Duke remains a three seed (in SC's bracket now) which is expected in the latest bracketology. The ACC does get a ninth team in, though. Last week it was 8.
    HerHoopStats came out with their own version of bracketology this morning, and as you might expect of a site with "stats" in the name, adhered very close in most cases to the NET. They had Duke as a 2-seed (7th best) in the same region as THE. I think there's no way the committee actually does that if the bracket were determined today, but I'm looking forward to seeing if we can make a high seed stick enough to show that our NET rating is truly justified. We will have plenty of chances, continuing on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    HerHoopStats came out with their own version of bracketology this morning, and as you might expect of a site with "stats" in the name, adhered very close in most cases to the NET. They had Duke as a 2-seed (7th best) in the same region as THE. I think there's no way the committee actually does that if the bracket were determined today, but I'm looking forward to seeing if we can make a high seed stick enough to show that our NET rating is truly justified. We will have plenty of chances, continuing on Thursday.
    You ain't kidding about that. The ACC is a brutal gauntlet. Wake proved that even a "lesser" team is not one to look past.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    You ain't kidding about that. The ACC is a brutal gauntlet. Wake proved that even a "lesser" team is not one to look past.
    uNC proved that Sunday against ND.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

woo hoo, up to #19 in coaches poll.

We're behind two 4-loss teams. And of the four 1-loss teams, the next lowest ranked is at #8. SMH

I don't understand the love for #9 Iowa. Yeah they've got one of the best players in the country, but 2 of their 4 losses were to unranked teams.

I hope our ladies continue to smash their faces in it.

Program the DVR now, so you don’t forget: Stanford - UCLA at 11 p.m. Eastern on Friday.

Charlie Creme's answer to the question "Is the ACC or Big Ten the more compelling conference?"

Creme: The ACC, but not because of the teams that received most of the preseason attention. It's because Boston College is capable of beating NC State, and Clemson can knock off Virginia Tech. It's because Florida State has become a legitimate Sweet 16 threat. It's because Duke is now a top-10 team in Bracketology and Power Rankings. It's because Virginia has found new life as a program. It's because Miami has proven it can compete with, and now beat, nearly any team in the country.

The Big Ten race will be a fun watch when the favorites like Ohio State, Michigan, Maryland, Indiana and Iowa play each other. However, there isn't much mystery when those teams play the lower half of the league. The ACC has no nights off. It's as deep as any conference we have seen in years.
    Truth.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...ur-predictions

Arizona State is forfeiting this weekend’s scheduled games at Utah and Colorado due to a shortage of healthy players.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Arizona State is forfeiting this weekend’s scheduled games at Utah and Colorado due to a shortage of healthy players.
    so PAC is forfeit? I guess UCONN lucky that BE is postpone.
    April 1