Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    (d) Some people calculate block% and steal% differently, but I tried the alternate calculations manually and they still don't match. I think you accidentally looked at opponents steal and block rate while Duke was on offense. The block numbers match, that way. And the steals pcts might also match, if HHS calculates steals% the same way they calculate TO% (see below).

(e) I also think you looked at our opponents' defensive rebound percentage, because the number and ranking you've listed is exactly our opponents' DR% (rather than Duke's). I checked sports-reference's number manually, and it appears to be correct.
    You are correct on these two. The dangers of doing things manually. These are on opposite sides of the same page, and I needed to switch sides for these particular numbers. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    In any event, except for areas where the sites calculate things differently, they're pretty close. And sports-reference is free. I'm just happy there's a mainstream site that's finally recognized that women's basketball is basketball.
    I agree with all of that, too. Thanks, again. I really appreciate your post-game stat posts.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    In today's bracketology, Duke is hosting in Durham of course, but you know who else Charlie Creme has visiting Cameron?
    Tennessee.
    That would be interesting.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    In today's bracketology, Duke is hosting in Durham of course, but you know who else Charlie Creme has visiting Cameron?
    Tennessee.
    Creme has Duke leapfrogging Iowa to number seven overall, which gets them out of South Carolina’s section of the draw and into Indiana’s.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The coaches stick with Duke at 11, which is pretty laughable given both our NET rating AND the seeding selection by the committee.
    At least FGCU can celebrate, as the coaches finally put them in at 25.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Tennessee.
    guess we'll have to "roll back" time

Duke's Top Recruit for 2023

Donovan Tabbed 2023 Jersey Mike's Naismith Trophy High School Girls POTY Finalist
    https://goduke.com/news/2023/2/14/wo...-finalist.aspx

DURHAM — Duke women's basketball signee Jadyn Donovan was tabbed as one of five players to the 2023 Jersey Mike's Naismith Trophy High School Girls Player of the Year Finalist list, The Atlanta Tipoff Club announced Tuesday afternoon.

Donovan has led Sidwell Friends High School to an outstanding season as the Quakers are currently ranked No. 2 in the MaxPreps High School Girls Basketball Rankings, boasting a 21-2 overall record and 10-0 mark in conference play.

Slotted No. 3 in the 2023 Class rankings, Donovan leads Sidwell Friends in scoring (14.7), rebounds (8.4) and field goal percentage (48.0 percent). The Washington, D.C., product is also second on the team in blocks per game (1.1) while ranking third in both assists (2.8) and steals (2.3).

Too much to quote, but Charlie Creme, M Voepel, and Alexa Philippou give their predictions on the remaining season, including who takes the title in the ACC.

Which team will win the ACC? And will the conference have a team in the Final Four?
    https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...nal-four-picks

Too much to quote, but Charlie Creme, M Voepel, and Alexa Philippou give their predictions on the remaining season, including who takes the title in the ACC.

I think this assessment sums it up the best:

Philippou: Yes, Duke's one-game lead makes the Blue Devils easy to pick, but when it comes to the ACC this year we've learned to expect the unexpected. The Mabrey injury definitely hurts the Irish but we can't count out Notre Dame, at least to close the regular season, given how forgiving the remainder of its schedule is. Over the next few weeks, Duke and Virginia Tech both play NC State and UNC, and they play each other Thursday (7 p.m. ET, ACC Network), a matchup that carries significant weight in the race for the regular-season crown. And when it comes to the conference tournament, it might be anyone's to win.

It's ludicrous that Kara gets no mention for COY. They all pick Indiana's coach.

Yes Indiana is having a great year, but they were picked #11 preseason in both polls. Duke got 2 points in the AP and none in the coaches, and are sitting alone atop the best conference in the country. Furthermore, Duke is sitting #8 in the NET, Indiana is barely above them at #5. By any measure, Kara has done a better job.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    It's ludicrous that Kara gets no mention for COY. They all pick Indiana's coach.
    Speaking of...

Duke women's basketball head coach Kara Lawson was one of 15 coaches named to the 2023 Werner Ladder Naismith Women's Coach of the Year Late Season Watch List, the Atlanta Tipoff Club announced Wednesday afternoon.

The Werner Ladder Naismith Women's College Coach of the Year award will be narrowed to 10 semifinalists on Wednesday, March 8. The Fan Vote to narrow the field from 10 candidates to four on Monday, March 20. The Fan Vote to help narrow the list down to the final honoree will open Tuesday, March 21 and close Tuesday, March 28. The winner will be announced on Wednesday, March 29 at the Women's Final Four in Dallas.
    https://goduke.com/news/2023/2/15/wo...b9UoNrXzUfp41w

ND and Louisville going to OT in South Bend.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    ND and Louisville going to OT in South Bend.
    It was a good game with both teams playing at a high level.

Well in better news, UNC had the ball up 4 with 50 seconds left at State....and just lost in OT.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Well in better news, UNC had the ball up 4 with 50 seconds left at State...and just lost in OT.
    Every dark cloud...

GTHC

South Carolina and Ole Miss going to overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    South Carolina and Ole Miss going to overtime.
    Gamecocks got the memo, Ole Miss didn't.

Duke survived the road trip to UVA, and at the end of the day, we are in 1st place with ND and the tie-breaker for the conference crown.
    In our favor, we have two home games to close out the season, and both teams we face are beatable.

Also, both teams can beat us. I have confidence in our coaching staff to have our women ready and focused on the tasks at hand.

Duke survived the road trip to UVA, and at the end of the day, we are in 1st place with ND and the tie-breaker for the conference crown.
    In our favor, we have two home games to close out the season, and both teams we face are beatable.

Also, both teams can beat us. I have confidence in our coaching staff to have our women ready and focused on the tasks at hand.
    This is going to be a tough 2-game home stand. We haven't been as sharp as usual on either end of the floor for the last couple of games, and this will be a couple of high-level games. We are going to have to play at our near our best to win. There's no looking past the team we beat to the team we didn't. State is going to be focused and wanting to prove the first one was a fluke.
    I hope we'll have a good crowd joining us in support.

Duke and VT swap places in the top 25, with Duke dropping 2 and VT taking over at 9.

In the latest bracketology the news isn't that Duke is still a 3 seed, it's that the ACC now leads all conferences with nine bids.
    Syracuse is in the "last four in", and Miami is amongst the "last four byes".