Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    BC played the OT with more poise than FSU did.

DWBB has sole possession of first in the ACC! (At least until ND beats up the Lady Heels later today and joins us at 4-0...so we stand alone for a few hours.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

BC has to be the worst free throw shooting team in women's BBall. I think they were 5-15 in overtime. Boo ugly - and still won.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    BC played the OT with more poise than FSU did.

DWBB has sole possession of first in the ACC! (At least until ND beats up the Lady Heels later today and joins us at 4-0...so we stand alone for a few hours.)
    Feels dirty to root for uNC, so I just won't pay attention.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Pitt, 0-4 in the ACC is beating Louisville by double digits in the 2nd. The Cards are 4-22 from the field,
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    #9 VT gets stomped by Miami, 77-66. Duke should be the 2nd highest ranked ACC team tomorrow.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Feels dirty to root for uNC, so I just won't pay attention.
    I'll watch some, just because I'll enjoy seeing Carolina lose their 5th in a row.

By a lot.

I'll watch some, just because I'll enjoy seeing Carolina lose their 5th in a row.

By a lot.
    and to think many people were apoplectic that duke couldn't get a "coach like Courtney Banghart" Oh well! I like where we're at
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    and to think many people were apoplectic that duke couldn't get a "coach like Courtney Banghart" Oh well! I like where we're at
    Beyond the coaching, I appreciate what we've got in Kara in the class department. I'm not talking about actually getting our women to be the Student in student-athlete, I'm talking personality.

Our coach is pro-us. Their coach is anti-them. Whether that means denigrating the small gyms she plays in or whatever, one of the two takes the higher road.
    As we all know, crossing Towerview to Cameron is way more honorable than crossing Franklin to Carmichael. Our coach has proven it.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I guess the ACC does the scheduling, but this is a stupid time for a break. The ladies have only played 3 games of the 2-per-week schedule, and will now go to the end of February without a break. Stupid.
    15 and 9 team leagues will do that to you. We're lucky Coach K could schedule games with UCLA and St. John's most of the time. We don't have as much capital in WBB to compel an untelevised home-home even with teams like Campbell, Elon, etc.

Notre dame choking against UNC late.

By a lot.
    Might not get your wish. unc currently up 50-43 with 5 left to play.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Notre dame choking against UNC late.
    ND is shooting 26%, 10% from three.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    ND is shooting 26%, 10% from three.
    They were up 8 in the 3rd quarter and then promptly went cold as hell.

That puts Duke alone in 1st in the ACC, the only team with no conference losses. They are now officially "the hunted".
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Might not get your wish. unc currently up 50-43 with 5 left to play.
    Yep, it's a unc win. Which is also a Duke win, now atop the ACC heap.

Carolina SHOULD NOT be ranked tomorrow. But they'll get a pity bounce for the ND win, so they will be.

ND looked terrible. Shot 28% from the field, 9% from 3. Shame they had a clunker in chapa heel. But Duke is all alone in first in the ACC. Let's see how the rankers rank us.

Carolina SHOULD NOT be ranked tomorrow. But they'll get a pity bounce for the ND win, so they will be.
    Coaches will keep them ahead of Duke.

I mean, their losses are all to good teams - like a Miami team that also beat VT today and they just beat a top 5 team.

Them being ranked is entirely reasonable. I wouldn't rank them ahead of us, but I suspect I won't find 25 better team profiles out there.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    I mean, their losses are all to good teams - like a Miami team that also beat VT today and they just beat a top 5 team.

Them being ranked is entirely reasonable. I wouldn't rank them ahead of us, but I suspect I won't find 25 better team profiles out there.
    They were 22nd, and then they suffered their 4th loss in a row. That counts. But it will be forgotten, and somehow they'll move up to 20.

They were 22nd, and then they suffered their 4th loss in a row. That counts. But it will be forgotten, and somehow they'll move up to 20.
    They were 22, lost a game to a good team on the road, who might be ranked next week, and then beat a top 5 team. That probably deserves either staying put or moving up 1 or 2.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est