Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
I kinda understand your reasoning, but I think 90% of the "broad and cumbersome" problem is solved by splitting out the game threads.

Also, it's a mistake to equate football to women's basketball. There's only one school in the country where the interest is even close, and that's UConn. That's because their women have been the undisputed premier program for a quarter century while their football team sucks. Just the way it is, interest in men's vs. women's sports, especially football.

Simple solution: change the name of the thread. There is very, very little discussion of non-Duke WBB around here. Any such news has been gladly accepted (well, at least not spurned) in the DWBB thread. If there's news about one of our players, or Jadyn Donovan or on next year's recruiting, it fits comfortably in the DWBB thread. It's extremely rare to see comments/articles about other team's players or recruits around here.
Perhaps we weren’t hearing anything about other programs because of the NAME of the previous thread. It didn’t exactly invite topics other than DWBB.

I like the new format.

John