Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    A short Kara Lawson interview at the Boston Garden last night, talking about her past with the Celtics, where she is now at Duke, and how she wouldn't be at Duke if it hadn't been for her opportunity the Celtics gave her.

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1...023%2F42807371
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    ND avoids a scare at home from Pitt (they were losing in the 4th), and Miami knocks off #19 FSU.
    The cheaterettes are in a very close game against Syracuse.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    ND avoids a scare at home from Pitt (they were losing in the 4th), and Miami knocks off #19 FSU.
    The cheaterettes are in a very close game against Syracuse.
    Not any more.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    not any more. :d

GTHC!! Woo!

53-point second half for Miami en route to the win over FSU.

Indiana takes care of Iowa.

GTHC!! Woo!
    Duke if they play like tonight defensively and make more free throws they should take care of business at Cameron. Big revenge game.February 26.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Duke if they play like tonight defensively and make more free throws they should take care of business at Cameron. Big revenge game.February 26.
    Once they put together all the pieces they might just be a pretty good team.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Wrong focus. There are 4 games between now and then. Worry about February 26 starting February 24. Miami (our next opponent) did a second half number on FSU, who you may remember did quite a number on us. We have clinched one bye in the tournament. The focus has to be on beating Miami and locking up the double bye. Then February 26.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Wrong focus. There are 4 games between now and then. Worry about February 26 starting February 24. Miami (our next opponent) did a second half number on FSU, who you may remember did quite a number on us. We have clinched one bye in the tournament. The focus has to be on beating Miami and locking up the double bye. Then February 26.
    You mean then Feb. 16th...

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladeeeda View Post
    Yup! This is as tough of a two game stretch as we've seen all season. VT on the 16th. (And of course UVA and the Wuffies before the cheaterettes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladeeeda View Post
    I probably needed more punctuation.

1. Beat Miami
    2. Lock up a double bye
    3. February 26

With so many teams at 4 losses I can't do all the potential tiebreakers. Just keep winning.

Clark got 35 in a losing effort, on 12-28 (!) shooting.

The NCAA released its first top 16 seeds today. Duke is a 2!!! Seed. https://twitter.com/marchmadnesswbb/...djXUI8CBaoRJxw

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    The NCAA released its first top 16 seeds today. Duke is a 2!!! Seed. https://twitter.com/marchmadnesswbb/...djXUI8CBaoRJxw
    Huge wow!! That's great for team confidence, of course. Even better, though, is that knowing we have a very tough stretch coming up, it gives a little wiggle room in terms of hosting. At a 2, we can afford to lose a couple. (But hopefully we keep on keeping on winning!)

From ESPN's Charlie Creme.
    The raw NET ranking -- a combination of a team's record, strength of opponents and offensive and defensive efficiency metrics -- appeared to play a big role in which teams were included Thursday in the top 16.

Utah, Iowa and Duke -- the sixth, seventh and eighth overall teams Thursday, and all No. 2 seeds -- were each placed within one spot of their NET ranking. Texas, 10th in the NET, was a No. 3 seed despite tying for the most losses of any team in the top 16.
    https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...l-top-16-seeds

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Glad to see the NCAA has more sense than the poll voters.

Here's looking at the seeds from the NCAA's site. Also, this is a good history lesson. (With "history" being only a year ago.)
    Last year the committee announced the three rankings. The second one was revealed Feb. 10 —almost a year ago from this season's first announcement. A lot changed from that reveal to the actual tournament seedings.

With the exception of the No. 1 ranked seeds, every other team fell or jumped a seed. Every No. 2 seed even dropped on selection day. Two teams tumbled to a No. 5 seed out of the top 16.
    That's interesting about the twos. Every single one announced as a two seed last year dropped to at least a three. Duke does need to keep winning of course, but as I said above, we've got a little wiggle room. It helps that two of our remaining games are also included in the list. Losing to VT and Carolina isn't as bad as two unranked losses. (Although losing to the cheaterettes is always bad.)

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...ll-reveal-2023

Here's looking at the seeds from the NCAA's site. Also, this is a good history lesson. (With "history" being only a year ago.)

That's interesting about the twos. Every single one announced as a two seed last year dropped to at least a three. Duke does need to keep winning of course, but as I said above, we've got a little wiggle room. It helps that two of our remaining games are also included in the list. Losing to VT and Carolina isn't as bad as two unranked losses. (Although losing to the cheaterettes is always bad.)
    We have no room for losses. Win every game.

(And yes, I hear what you're saying. I just don't want to anticipate any losing. All losing is bad. Though I will concede that losing to the cheaters is worse. )

In Friday’s update, Creme follows the NCAA in moving Duke up to a two seed, still in South Carolina’s section of the draw.

We set up a tailgate today to watch the UVA game in the Card gym lot, in the same spot we tailgate for football games. It was a day of celebration as we remembered two of our long time members. Duke even set up our tents for us!
    Aside from being a wonderful memorial, we also got to meet Coach Lawson! She was walking past with a tour of young women; I'm guessing they were recruits. Kara was kind enough to stop for a picture, and we got to tell her how much we are enjoying her and the team this season.

KaraLawson.jpg

#22 NCSU can officially kiss any hosting dreams goodbye. They fall to UVA (3-11 ACC), and it wasn't particularly close. Most of the 4th quarter was played with the Wuffettes chasing a double digit deficit.

They'll be out of the rankings tomorrow, ending a 96 week streak in the top 25.