Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    14-2 is your final, and the regular season is over. See y’all tonight.

Duke wins 14-2. Brackets at 9:30 on E-U. The biggest question is which B10-Ivy pod Duke gets in the 2nd round in Albany: Michigan/PSU/Cornell/Yale.

Of course ESPN-U is replaying one of two losses Duke had all year...Duke at ND. After that UVA at ND. If all you watched were these replays Duke would be seeded 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Of course ESPN-U is replaying one of two losses Duke had all year...Duke at ND. After that UVA at ND. If all you watched were these replays Duke would be seeded 3rd.
    One would hope that those who make the seeding decision are not watching old games today in order to make their decisions. And hopefully it is hard for them to go against the full season RPI data.

If you’re looking for omens, try this one: Duke men’s tennis beats Cornell in the NCAA second round.

Here we go. Both Inside Lacrosse and Lacrosse Mag have Duke as the projected #1 seed. I'm going to guess ND will be #1, Duke #2, UVA #3.

Deserved

Blue Devils #1 overall seed!

Let’s Go!

We're #1! We're #1! Not sure Duke is happy playing Sunday at 5PM with graduation that AM.

Don’t love that draw. Difficult quarterfinal, especially if we have to play Cornell in Albany.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    We're #1! We're #1! Not sure Duke is happy playing Sunday at 5PM with graduation that AM.
    There will be a separate graduation ceremony for athletes who are competing on the weekend. Several Duke teams will be on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Don’t love that draw. Difficult quarterfinal, especially if we have to play Cornell in Albany.
    UVA, Georgetown, MD, and Hop sell a lot more tickets in Annapolis than Duke, and I think the parents probably would prefer the trip from Long Island to Albany.

Assuming we play in that round I would not be surprised if the opponent is Michigan. They looked pretty good this weekend. To be the champ you have to beat whomever is in front of you.

First round game on graduation day may be tough, but at least the guys can go to graduation, which should be over before noon, allowing plenty of time for a pre-game meal and proper warm-ups. Too often graduation is missed due to travel. Or they may choose to have a private graduation ceremony on Saturday, which I believe has happened before.

There will be a separate graduation ceremony for athletes who are competing on the weekend. Several Duke teams will be on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Assuming we play in that round I would not be surprised if the opponent is Michigan. They looked pretty good this weekend. To be the champ you have to beat whomever is in front of you.

First round game on graduation day may be tough, but at least the guys can go to graduation, which should be over before noon, allowing plenty of time for a pre-game meal and proper warm-ups. Too often graduation is missed due to travel. Or they may choose to have a private graduation ceremony on Saturday, which I believe has happened before.
    I agree that they will likely go to graduation. If it is going to be brutally hot or torrential downpours then maybe they don't want the guys out on the field for that, but otherwise, there's no reason they shouldn't go. This is one of the advantages of a better seed - I wonder if Duke was able to request the late game. Hopefully some new graduates and their families can be convinced to go to the game later in the day.

UVA, Georgetown, MD, and Hop sell a lot more tickets in Annapolis than Duke, and I think the parents probably would prefer the trip from Long Island to Albany.
    ^ This

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/colle...ket-projection

USA Lacrosse Magazine nailed every matchup in their last projected bracket.

The only were off in the order of seeds 4-6.

Move over Joey Brackets!

Not excited about playing either Cornell or Michigan. Then again, I wouldn't want to have to play Georgetown in the second round either, given how they looked this weekend.

Once you get past round one, there are no easy matchups in the NCAA lacrosse tournament, especially this year. Still much happier with the #1 seed than without it.

Duke is in Albany for the 2nd round. Cheer for Michigan.

Link: https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/...se-men/d1/2023

That happened in 1995, and we lost to Notre Dame, IIRC.

Patrick Stevens parses the bracket.

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/colle...e-explanations

As I pointed out elsewhere, committee did Hop no favors by matching them up with Bryant. Bulldog first-year head coach Brad Ross was part of the 2005 and 2007 Duke teams that lost to Hop in the championship game, so I expect him to use every motivational device at his disposal.

The committee really did Penn State no favors.

It will be interesting to see which Yale team shows up.

If you’re looking for a first-round upset pick, look closely at Army. They can guard people. If you have time and access, watch what they did to Loyola’s offense in the fourth quarter yesterday.

Patrick Stevens parses the bracket.

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/colle...e-explanations

As I pointed out elsewhere, committee did Hop no favors by matching them up with Bryant. Bulldog first-year head coach Brad Ross was part of the 2005 and 2007 Duke teams that lost to Hop in the championship game, so I expect him to use every motivational device at his disposal.

The committee really did Penn State no favors.

It will be interesting to see which Yale team shows up.

If you’re looking for a first-round upset pick, look closely at Army. They can guard people. If you have time and access, watch what they did to Loyola’s offense in the fourth quarter yesterday.
    Yeah. Army keeps rolling along.