Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Shocking! Imagine how refs must hate calling ND v. Denver games?
    that thought did occur to me...

Cavanaughs wreaking havoc both on offense and on rides. Slipped behind Stephenson for easy goals a couple times.
    Jake Taylor strong. ND defense tough today.

10-5 early second half

This has been a bit painful.

But there is still time.

Duke doesn’t have an answer for those Kavanaugh brothers. Need a furious finish. Game film will be valuable for post season clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Duke doesn’t have an answer for those Kavanaugh brothers. Need a furious finish. Game film will be valuable for post season clean up.
    Game is not valuable for any reason

17-12 Notre Dame and it wasn't even that close.

It seemed like Duke basically gave up in the first half.

So it seems... Duke > Virginia > Notre Dame > Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    17-12 Notre Dame and it wasn't even that close.

It seemed like Duke basically gave up in the first half.

So it seems... Duke > Virginia > Notre Dame > Duke.
    A Bill Walton special.

Second quarter, which was a total statistical outlier, was the difference in the game. I defy you to find another 15 minutes in the last ten years in which ND shot over 40 percent and had a +4 turnover margin. We could play them another 20 times and the chances of any game having a five-goal margin are infinitesimally small.

Stuff happens. Next play.

This is just a weird year across all of D1 men’s lacrosse. The gaps between teams are insanely small. I’m not sure any result should be called an “upset.” Cuse wins at Princeton? Harvard loses to Dartmouth, then turns around and beats Cornell? Michigan beats Maryland? Bryant and Binghamton are a combined 15-5, with one conference loss between them? SMH.

Hoos 2 The Sequel is next.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Second quarter, which was a total statistical outlier, was the difference in the game. I defy you to find another 15 minutes in the last ten years in which ND shot over 40 percent and had a +4 turnover margin. We could play them another 20 times and the chances of any game having a five-goal margin are infinitesimally small.

Stuff happens. Next play.

This is just a weird year across all of D1 men’s lacrosse. The gaps between teams are insanely small. I’m not sure any result should be called an “upset.” Cuse wins at Princeton? Harvard loses to Dartmouth, then turns around and beats Cornell? Michigan beats Maryland? Bryant and Binghamton are a combined 15-5, with one conference loss between them? SMH.

Hoos 2 The Sequel is next.
    The tourney games should be great due to the parity.

getting a good seed will be helpful...

Duke is pulling out the ultimate weapon to generate student attendance for tomorrow’s game: free beer (and free t-shirts)!

There is a student tailgate at Jack Coombs starting at 10:30 (the game is at noon). Along with free food and beverages, students can get vouchers redeemable for a free t-shirt after the game.

https://twitter.com/dukemlax/status/...EbRGGTczul9UuA

Virginia says Shellenberger’s injury status is “day to day.” If he can’t go, expect Brower to take the matchup against Cormier.

No word on any Duke injuries, so it looks like Mitchell running on the second midfield in place of Pappendick was based on performance in practice.

This also is Reunion Weekend at Duke and perhaps a few alums will wander over to Koskinen tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DST Fan View Post
    This also is Reunion Weekend at Duke and perhaps a few alums will wander over to Koskinen tomorrow.
    I took the family to a lax game at reunion in 2017 vs ND and we had a great time - if the weather is nice it should definitely help attendance.

Lax game = likely
    Reunion = no

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Lax game = likely
    Reunion = no
    Ha, I confess I have been back to Duke well over 100 times since I graduated, but I've never considered going to a reunion...somehow I get to see the Duke people I want to see one way or another.

We’re in town for the reunion. Did not know about the free shirts and beer. We will be stopping now!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ha, I confess I have been back to Duke well over 100 times since I graduated, but I've never considered going to a reunion...somehow I get to see the Duke people I want to see one way or another.
    Reunions are more fun when more people show up!

Once you get to your 20th or so, everyone has changed so much from the people they were in high school or college that you often find you like them more now than you did (or didn’t) back then. My SO’s daughter is at Duke now for her x5th this weekend.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Reunions are good fun. I haven't missed one in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Reunions are good fun. I haven't missed one in decades.
    Really? That's impressive, Sage. Most of my visits center on football game or hoop game weekends, so I'm there four times each Fall....love walking around looking at stuff, I seem to enjoy that more than any organized activity...the change in the last 56 years for me has been just ridiculous (and in a good way).

Duke leads, 6-2, after one. Naso doing the business. Hoos out of sorts (five turnovers).