Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    There's a lot of little stuff this team needs to clean up before the NCAA. EMOs made this game closer than it should have been. The coaching staff did a great job planning, and the team executed it well.

The curve between last hosts and out is very tight. Losing out with high RPI losses to Syracuse and Merrimack to close the season would push Duke's RPI below 7/8* (last year). Just beating Syracuse at home is probably enough to be the last host, however. Syracuse should be NIT by the time we play them again.

*Pre-ND RPI was 8, post-ND RPI was 7, the record for leaving a team out.
    You may not have intended to, but you’re indirectly making the argument for increasing the size of the tournament field.

Do they stop NCAA games for weather (w/o lightning) ?
    If suspended how is a winner determined?
    At what point is a LAX gamed deemed “official “?
    Thx Rookie fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dopeshop View Post
    Do they stop NCAA games for weather (w/o lightning) ?
    If suspended how is a winner determined?
    At what point is a LAX gamed deemed “official “?
    Thx Rookie fan
    Who gets the ball when it goes out of bonus? Been asking for 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Who gets the ball when it goes out of bonus? Been asking for 15 years
    Whoever is closest to the ball when it goes out (if its a shot).
    If its a pass then its a turnover and it goes to the other team.

Michigan upsets UMD

The final score was 16-11.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Whoever is closest to the ball when it goes out (if its a shot).
    If its a pass then its a turnover and it goes to the other team.
    (A) Then I have to be paying attention; and (B) if it rolls out after a scrum, then it it depends on last touched?

(A) Then I have to be paying attention; and (B) if it rolls out after a scrum, then it it depends on last touched?
    Yes, I believe so. Its usually obvious if its a shot or a pass, but there may be times it is unclear, but the refs will make the call.

Yes, I believe so. Its usually obvious if its a shot or a pass, but there may be times it is unclear, but the refs will make the call.
    I always thought the most interesting part of "the closest" rule is that it stems back to the origins of the game when played on an open field with no boundaries (so the closest team is awarded the ball as they were in the best position to get it if there were no boundaries). The effect on the women's game is even more dramatic in that they have to stop where they are when it goes out (an even closer approximation to a game with no boundaries, when actually adding boundaries).

Who gets the ball when it goes out of b[ound]s? Been asking for 15 years
    I'm guessing maybe you get a lot of strange looks at cocktail parties and in the grocery store.

According to LR (NCAA.com hasn’t updated yet), Duke is now number one in RPI.

As USLacrosse Magzine deftly and succinctly put it, “It’s Duke’s turn at the top.” Blue Devils are number one in both the IL and Nike/USL polls. ND, Duke’s next opponent, is number two.

It’s possible that the chances of Dyson returning for a fifth year might be increasing: Albany is closing in on locking up the first pick in the NLL draft. The FireWolves are a franchise going nowhere, that plays before sparse crowds in a terrible arena in a city that can be deeply depressing from October to April (trust me on this; I went to undergrad not for from there). Compared to that, a year at Fuqua sounds pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    It’s possible that the chances of Dyson returning for a fifth year might be increasing: Albany is closing in on locking up the first pick in the NLL draft. The FireWolves are a franchise going nowhere, that plays before sparse crowds in a terrible arena in a city that can be deeply depressing from October to April (trust me on this; I went to undergrad not for from there). Compared to that, a year at Fuqua sounds pretty good.
    LOL, I live an hour east of Albany, NY and I can assure you that it is DEEPLY depressing TWELVE months of the year!

It’s the biggest weekend of the season so far: six top 20 matchups, of course headlined by Duke @ ND at 4:00 p.m. Eastern on Saturday on ESPNU.

Tonight features Hoos - Cheats (6:00, ACCN), Rutgers - Michigan (6:00, ESPNU), and Murlund - TOSU (8:00, BTN).

Tho other Saturday games are Nova - Denver (2:00, Altitude 2 and good luck finding that if you’re not in Colorado) and Hop - Penn State (7:00, BTN.

Have fun, and don’t forget to hydrate.

https://youtu.be/kd3eL4C8nCw

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    LOL, I live an hour east of Albany, NY and I can assure you that it is DEEPLY depressing TWELVE months of the year!
    Harsh words for Albania but I'm struggling to disagree...for Dyson, it is closer to Canada...but it would be great to have him back...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Harsh words for Albania but I'm struggling to disagree...for Dyson, it is closer to Canada...but it would be great to have him back...
    Really don't understand this sentiment. But perhaps growing up in the area has me biased? Now live in the Northern Adirondacks, but always enjoy visiting the Albany (Schenectady/Troy) area.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Really don't understand this sentiment. But perhaps growing up in the area has me biased? Now live in the Northern Adirondacks, but always enjoy visiting the Albany (Schenectady/Troy) area.
    I love the Adirondacks, but there's not much to love in downtown Albany unless I'm missing something...I do like Jack's Seafood...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Same here. I have family roots in the Albany-Schenectady area and have many fond memories of visiting the family farm and surrounding countryside. You can't beat the fall foliage and rolling hills around the Mohawk Valley and Finger Lakes. I can't speak to the current economic or political climate but that is not specific to that area. Upstate New York would love to separate itself from NYC.

Same here. I have family roots in the Albany-Schenectady area and have many fond memories of visiting the family farm and surrounding countryside. You can't beat the fall foliage and rolling hills around the Mohawk Valley and Finger Lakes. I can't speak to the current economic or political climate but that is not specific to that area. Upstate New York would love to separate itself from NYC.
    I don't believe any of the comments have denigrated the surrounding area in the least, unless I'm missing something. Upstate NY is great. But Albany...that's got zero to do with the Finger Lakes, Mohawk Valley, Lake Champlain area, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I don't believe any of the comments have denigrated the surrounding area in the least, unless I'm missing something. Upstate NY is great. But Albany...that's got zero to do with the Finger Lakes, Mohawk Valley, Lake Champlain area, etc...
    This one was...

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post