Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,027 of 1027
    yeah, I agree that Nina should look closely at some of our grads who have excelled elsewhere...good long list. Tough decision, I'm sure there will be a ton of interested people.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    I still think that Kevin Cassese is (or should be) the first name that comes up in Nina’s succession planning. Although Brad Ross had a really impressive first season as a head coach, Kevin has by far the most impressive resume of any former Duke player or assistant.

A full search might include Casey D’Anolfo of Tufts, the most dominant program in D3.
    This former Blue Devil should be 1B if Cassese is 1A: https://richmondspiders.com/staff-di...an-chemotti/62

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Fired after the 2022 season. Now Brad Ross’ defensive coordinator at Bryant.
    No kidding, I missed that completely--as apparently did Google, which still links to his coaching bio under the first Providence Lacrosse link. I remember him being a top flight defensive coach at Duke, but I guess he didn't really thrive running the whole show at Providence.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Fully agree. ND is a very worthy champ (even tho their coach is a whiney I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.). After so many disappointments, they were supremely motivated and frankly got some favorable breaks and bounces. I was proud of how our guys fought back but it was ND'S day. Our goalie was good but their goalie was amazing.
    Agree with this. I thought the Chris Kavanagh dive goal to make it 9-7 was emblematic of the game...they were just playing with a little more mojo, looking to get that first natty. Bum wheel and all, he made a spectacular play and we didn't seem able to exploit their injuries. I agree that Corrigan seems to be an unpleasant guy, but I was happy for him, as annoying as he is.

The Duke lax team, rising from the ashes of the Nifong travesty, has been a real pleasure to watch and root for. What a successful program.

Overall, quite a disappointing weekend for Duke athletics. Losing to ND yesterday just kinda summed it up. My men's golf team had a poor showing out in Arizona, baseball and softball slipped. Baseball doesn't even get seeded in the top 16 after being ranked 7th a couple of weeks back. Our sports weekend mirrored the gloomy weather.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Overall, quite a disappointing weekend for Duke athletics. Losing to ND yesterday just kinda summed it up. My men's golf team had a poor showing out in Arizona, baseball and softball slipped. Baseball doesn't even get seeded in the top 16 after being ranked 7th a couple of weeks back. Our sports weekend mirrored the gloomy weather.
    Need to win some baseball games and shock the world at track and field finals.

The dichotomy between the Quinnipiac coach winning his first NCAA hockey title after building the program over 25+ years (and losing in 2 title games) and the ND coach winning his first NCAA lax title after building the program over 25+ years (and losing in 2 title games) was astounding. One is crying, so overjoyed, and genuinely seemed honored to have finally had it happen. The other was borderline a jerk to the reporter and looked like he couldn’t care less. I had been kind of indifferent to the outcome as I really like the underdog story and people winning after years of losses (Goran winning Wimbledon after 3 finals losses is one of my favorites). But the ND coach seemed so apathetic it ruined the moment