Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    15-8 is your final. Duke D steps up, holding Cheats scoreless for the last 26:47. Leadmon is playing at a first-team All-American level. Dyson playing like Lively: five goals, every one a layup or dunk. Helm with 14 saves. Duke ride forces five failed clears (McAdorey with more caused turnovers than points).
    Quick turnaround, with Air Force on Monday night.
    Last edited by burnspbesq; 03-17-2023 at 08:07 PM.

GTHC GTH

Nice win to pile on.

Leadmon is quite a surprise, being a 5th-year Grad Student (all at Duke). He didn't even start the last 2 years and now he has exceeded his point production for all but his Freshman year. He's quite imposing at 6-4, 225.

Sweet. I love kicking their butt. GTHC GTH, you cheating bastards.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    The Cheats have grasped some momentum, scoring the last 6 goals, Duke leads now 9-8.
    The only thing that concerned me was the lack of composure and response for a veteran team. Going 9-2 to 9-4 to 9-8 over two halves won't beat ND or UVA.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Duke is on spring break now so that does not help. I have no idea who scheduled this game.
    The 6PM start was to let ACCN broadcast a baseball game, and both schools wanted to play midweek games. Duke students don't go to lacrosse games. It's mainly lax parents and local teams, but we all know local teams are UNC fans.

Good games by Leadmon, Helm, and Williams, and good scout by burnspbesq. Congrats to win #450 by Dino.

9F.
    Last edited by duke2x; 03-17-2023 at 08:27 PM. Reason: 9F is always a good reason to edit your post.

Way to go Devils! LGD GTHcGTH 9f!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Duke will likely move down a slot when the polls are updated tomorrow, thanks to number four Murlund’s overtime win over number one UVa. Great game, if you have access to the replay it’s worth watching.

ND walloped Michigan, and Cornell did the same to Yale. ND may be the last remaining unbeaten team by the end of Sunday; not sure Dartmouth can run with the Cheats.

Now that the season is about half over, the good news is Duke is #2 in RPI after Saturday's action. The bad news is our win quality has declined.

Lax reference is my favorite analytics site that has a good RPI. Reference Link: https://lacrossereference.com/stats/rpi-d1-men/

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Now that the season is about half over, the good news is Duke is #2 in RPI after Saturday's action. The bad news is our win quality has declined.

Lax reference is my favorite analytics site that has a good RPI. Reference Link: https://lacrossereference.com/stats/rpi-d1-men/
    Yes, but there will be opportunities for quality wins in the next month, with two games against UVA and a game against ND. I thought the Ivy League was a little overrated last year and, this year, the ACC has regained most of its traditional overall strength. Syracuse is much improved and I think UNC is potentially a dangerous team, in part, because of the goaltending.

Win quality just went up, I think. UNC just destroyed Dartmouth and Denver beat OSU.

Duke men host occasional nemesis Air Force tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Koskinen. It’s right on the way from the Science Dr. parking structure to Cameron, so why not go early and make it a double-header?

Falcons are 5-2, but except for a one-goal win over Denver they haven’t really beaten anyone of note. Their other wins are over Colgate, Mercer, Bryant, and Queens. They’ve gotten crushed by Ohio State and Stony Brook. They score about ten and a half on average, and give up slightly more. Per LR, they are 34th in adjusted offensive efficiency, at 29.4 percent (Duke is number three, at 37.2), and 13th in adjusted defensive efficiency, at 24.7 percent (Duke, somewhat surprisingly, is 23rd, at 26.7 percent). They have five double-figure scorers, led by senior attackman Brandon Dodd with 17 (13G, 4A). By contrast, Duke has seven, led by Brennan’s 42. The Falcons have used five guys on faceoffs, combining for a dreadful 32.4 win percentage.

Duke will be heavily favored, but the history of this matchup is littered with upsets. Hopefully there will be no hangover after spanking the Cheats last Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by DST Fan View Post
    Yes, but there will be opportunities for quality wins in the next month, with two games against UVA and a game against ND. I thought the Ivy League was a little overrated last year and, this year, the ACC has regained most of its traditional overall strength. Syracuse is much improved and I think UNC is potentially a dangerous team, in part, because of the goaltending.
    Why are we playing UVA twice this year anyway? I haven't paid enough attention to the acc schedule of the years to know if it is normal to draw one team twice or if this is just an odd happening.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Why are we playing UVA twice this year anyway? I haven't paid enough attention to the acc schedule of the years to know if it is normal to draw one team twice or if this is just an odd happening.
    We also play Syracuse twice. It originally replaced the ACCT due to 5 teams in the league. It is also supposed to boost RPI like the Ivy teams did last year. I would rather play 2 more non-conference games and skip the ACCT until we get another ACC school to add MLax (see above discussion).

Duke leads, 5-1, after Q1. Blue Devils are just bigger and more athletic all over the field.

10-1 at the half. Falcon scoring drought at 17:49 and counting. Naso 8-10 and Engelke credited with one win (although I think it was Zusi). Turnovers are AF 11, Duke 4.

19 AF TOs

14-4 after three. Dyson has four goals, and the ball has been in his stick for maybe five seconds. Bonafede in goal for Duke.

18-6 is your final. Three points for a shorty? Yup: O’Connor with a goal and two assists. Looked like everybody who dressed played, including four goalies.

We also play Syracuse twice. It originally replaced the ACCT due to 5 teams in the league. It is also supposed to boost RPI like the Ivy teams did last year. I would rather play 2 more non-conference games and skip the ACCT until we get another ACC school to add MLax (see above discussion).
    Yes, in theory this is balanced because we have two games against the theoretically best team and two against the theoretically worst. But it's weird and likely to work to some ACC team's disadvantage depending on how the schedule works in a particular year.

Can the five ACC lax schools figure out a way to pay one of the MCLA ACC schools to move to NCAA play? This is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yes, in theory this is balanced because we have two games against the theoretically best team and two against the theoretically worst. But it's weird and likely to work to some ACC team's disadvantage depending on how the schedule works in a particular year.

Can the five ACC lax schools figure out a way to pay one of the MCLA ACC schools to move to NCAA play? This is ridiculous.
    UVA has the toughest draw this year—two games against each of Duke and ND.