Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Am I the only one who…

A) is not terribly upset or angry or whatever over this list

B) enjoyed reading a lot of this

and

C) actually understand the point about most of this?

Talk about mountain out of molehill.
    It's so much easier and more fun to poke at something and ridicule it than to consider it for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It's so much easier and more fun to poke at something and ridicule it than to consider it for a moment.
    I suspect everyone sees a few they agree with and a few that trigger eye rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    On Christmas eve we watched The Man Who Went Up A Hill But Came Down A Mountain. I love that movie.
    Think you meant “ The Englishman Who Went up a Hill but Came down a Mountain”.

In any regard, my son used to accuse me of being a Hugh Grant groupie based on my love for his RomComs: Love Actually, Notting Hill, and Four Weddings. And even Words and Music (never saw Bridget Jones’s Diary).

Speaking of Englishmen, I wish all those celebrating a happy Boxing Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Am I the only one who…

A) is not terribly upset or angry or whatever over this list

B) enjoyed reading a lot of this

and

C) actually understand the point about most of this?

Talk about mountain out of molehill.
    I think it's possible to actually understand the point about most of this AND believe the Stanford policy represents a massive overreaction.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Think you meant “ The Englishman Who Went up a Hill but Came down a Mountain”.
    In any regard, my son used to accuse me of being a Hugh Grant groupie based on my love for his RomComs: Love Actually, Notting Hill, and Four Weddings. And even Words and Music (never saw Bridget Jones’s Diary).

Speaking of Englishmen, I wish all those celebrating a happy Boxing Day.
    Him too. (Yes, that's what I meant.)

We watched it because my girlfriend had never seen it, but loves Notting Hill and had just watched it, so I told her she needed to see Hill/Mountain.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    I think it's possible to actually understand the point about most of this AND believe the Stanford policy represents a massive overreaction.
    Bingo!

I think it's best to assume good intentions with regards to each other and realize that 90% of us don't want to be jerks or cause someone pain, but we can't go around with the idea that we are creating victims with everything we say.

It's time to focus on the really offensive stuff (and there is plenty of it in the world)...and it makes it hard to do with this micro offenses.

Whew! I finally had the chance to go through the entire list, and was relieved that "mansplaining" wasn't eliminated. I would be so less helpful in the world.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Bingo!

I think it's best to assume good intentions with regards to each other and realize that 90% of us don't want to be jerks or cause someone pain, but we can't go around with the idea that we are creating victims with everything we say.

It's time to focus on the really offensive stuff (and there is plenty of it in the world)...and it makes it hard to do with this micro offenses.
    It's over the top. I wonder if they will monitor the performer's lyrics, and still invite them.

A clarifying note from Stanford’s CIO.

https://itcommunity.stanford.edu/new...s-it-community

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Bingo!

Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Whew! I finally had the chance to go through the entire list, and was relieved that "mansplaining" wasn't eliminated. I would be so less helpful in the world.
    I attempted to explain mansplaining to my daughter over the holidays. Her reaction was… rude. Something something you lack irony blah blah. I guess I didn’t explain it well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I attempted to explain mansplaining to my daughter over the holidays. Her reaction was… rude. Something something you lack irony blah blah. I guess I didn’t explain it well enough.
    You see what you did wrong was …

(Can a man mansplain to another man?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I tried a few albeit with bad intentions to be truthful today .I knew how it was going to go .
    Most responses.
    Were what be be wrong witcha head Boi.cha head done gone bad.
    That's in gullah .
    Maybe it will work to a degree in the cities though.
    I've done a few legendary things out there so .I'm expected to act up every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I thought mansplaining was explaining something to someone who already has demonstrated competence in the area just because that person is not a man.

Your daughter has no experience in mansplaining and therefore your efforts will fail.

I have said it before and I shall say it again.

People need to unclench.