Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Capel over Collins. Neither coach should feel comfortable.

GoDuke!
    I watched much of the game. Agreed both coaches on very hot seats. But if Pitt can play anywhere close to what they played last night, there is hope there. They were on fire from three - 14 for 22, and that's with a couple of garbage time misses - with great, great ball movement - 22 assists on 26 made baskets. They did all this with, believe it or not, Hugley putting up a goose egg - zero points. Now, the question is can they carry that impressive showing to their next games. But Jeff's team showed what they are capable of last night - it was impressive.

Clemson and Virginia are the only ACC teams that would seem to have more than a 5-10% chance of winning tonight... well, I guess Wake has about a 10% chance. Ugly.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Clemson and Virginia are the only ACC teams that would seem to have more than a 5-10% chance of winning tonight... well, I guess Wake has about a 10% chance. Ugly.
    It isn't a pretty picture, but it's not quite THAT ugly.

Torvik gives Syracuse a 12% chance, Georgia Tech a 13% chance, Louisville a 14% chance, Clemson a 56% chance, Wake a 26% chance, and UVa a 63% chance. So out of 6 possible wins tonight, we are expected to take home 1.84 of them. Not great by any means, as it means 2-4 is the most likely outcome. Not bad considering that only one of our good teams is playing tonight.

Now, his model probably probably isn't fully capturing how bad Louisville is yet. But it might actually be underestimating Wake's chances a bit.

Still, going into tomorrow's games at 4-4 would not be a bad result. It would give the conference a fighting chance to somehow pull off a draw.

Maryland is dog walking Louisville.

Louisville will be 0-7 in about 45 minutes. Is this one of the worst Louisville teams ever?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post

Louisville will be 0-7 in about 45 minutes. Is this one of the worst Louisville teams ever?
    Yes, it is one of the worst Louisville teams ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yes, it is one of the worst Louisville teams ever.
    I feel bad for Nolan. I know he had some sentimental reasons for going home to Louisville where he was raised and his Dad played. But man it looks like he’s in for a rough ride this year. They are alarmingly bad. What happened?

Probably. Although they’ll have some stiff competition from the 1939-40 Cardinals, who went 1-18, as the nadir of a three year stretch where they went a combined 4-47. Ouch.

I feel bad for Nolan. I know he had some sentimental reasons for going home to Louisville where he was raised and his Dad played. But man it looks like he’s in for a rough ride this year. They are alarmingly bad. What happened?
    Duke Curse.

Thou shalt not poach a beloved Dukie from Blue Devildom. It’s a rule.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Ugh, Clemson has throughly outplayed Penn State but missed FTs and a crazy 3 have the game in OT.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Clemson teaching us how to blow a 6 point lead with 50 seconds to go. Foul the opponent and allow them to score without clock moving and you miss 4 straight foul shots. Going to overtime

Clemson had a 7-point lead at under 1:00 and managed to blow it

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Ugh, Clemson has throughly outplayed Penn State but missed FTs and a crazy 3 have the game in OT.
    The end of this game in regulation was painful to watch. Clemson had the game won, but played not to lose, and 80% free throw shooters missed 3 straight free throws. And Penn State got lucky with the crazy three.

Illinois is skunking Cuse.

Double OT for Clemson.

Clemson hits their free throws in the 2nd OT and pulls it out. 101-94.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    So… I’m not sure who this Michigan team is, but it isn’t the team I’ve watched so far this year. Did not see this first half coming.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

So… I’m not sure who this Michigan team is, but it isn’t the team I’ve watched so far this year. Did not see this first half coming.
    UVA needs regression to the mean for Arman Franklin, and Michigan's 3pt shooting. Otherwise this is a Mich win - and if they continue to play like they did in the first half they will have 110% earned it and I won't be down on my guys much at all.

Besr Michigan has played. Dickinson and all the shooters hitting everything.

But what is Bennett doing trying to guard him with guys so much smaller? Making it so easy for Dickinson. Makes no sense.

Long way to go yet, but UVa is definitely in a hole so far.

Semi-related, but one of their signature wins just lost a bit of polish. Baylor got absolutely walloped by Marquette tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Long way to go yet, but UVa is definitely in a hole so far.

Semi-related, but one of their signature wins just lost a bit of polish. Baylor got absolutely walloped by Marquette tonight.
    Hole filled