Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    UVa with a good start to the second half. Within 2 with 15:33 to go.

Is Kenny Payne on the hot seat? 0-7. Yikes! How quickly would Lville move to fire someone they basically just hired?

This UVA team is much better at scoring the ball than many previous teams. Gonna be tough to beat although UM's playing quite well.

Danger time for UVA- Beekman less effective with bad ankle, Franklin has done nothing tonight. Where will the points come from with this lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    This UVA team is much better at scoring the ball than many previous teams. Gonna be tough to beat although UM's playing quite well.
    The flip side is they don’t appear to be a typical UVa defense. It is a very good team, just not in the typical UVa mold.

Wake with an unexpected win at Wisconsin.

Virginia beats Michigan 70-68. More importantly, Handsome Tony does not get punched in the face.

Gutty win for UVA against what sure looks like a Michigan team that's going to have something to say moving forward this season.

UVA wins at Michigan. ACC ahead 5-3

Joey Baker incognito for Michigan with longer hair, a goatee, and looks like he has gained a few lbs.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by W&LHoo View Post
    Gutty win for UVA against what sure looks like a Michigan team that's going to have something to say moving forward this season.
    What a game, and what a close by the Wahoos. Hats off, sir.

Game turned in my view on a bad coaching decision by Juwan taking Hunter and Jett out together. No reason not to stagger them; with both our Michigan had zero offense. Also, taking the timeout in between free throws was curious, because without it off the miss the ball went to a subpar ball handler.

THIS Michigan team is a Top 25 team. Question is whether we see this squad moving forward or the team of the past two weeks.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Also, taking the timeout in between free throws was curious, because without it off the miss the ball went to a subpar ball handler.
    I think the logic is you take the TO to make the shooter think more about it. I wonder what the statistics show if that actually works but it did in this case -- he missed. You can't assume the FT would be missed without the TO. But yeah, not being able to run a set play from out of bounds makes it a bit trickier certainly but you'd rather be down 2 than 3.

At least you have football to look forward to this weekend. 😀

I would want no part of Hunter Dickinson. Pretty sure that dude (unintentionally) smashed Kadin Shedrick's face right in. Virginia might've won this game, but they took a physical beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post

Joey Baker incognito for Michigan with longer hair, a goatee, and looks like he has gained a few lbs.
    Congrats to all the hard work the ACC has put in to give the ACC a shot to win it without having to cheer for UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Eh, there are still a lot of Q1 and Q2 game opportunities for certain programs. Duke, for example, has a projected 9 more Q1 games and 5 more Q2 games still on their schedule, not including the ACC Tournament (which would add an opportunity for another 2-3 Q1/Q2 games to a top-4 seed. So of the 18 ACC games on our schedule, 12 are expected to be Q1 or Q2 games.

It's definitely a down year in the conference though. Not exactly a great environment to build a resume. There are opportunities, but it's probably on paper the weakest of the P6.
    Along these lines, I actually feel bad for Purdue getting stuck with what will likely be a quad 3 game in the challenge. That’s gotta suck.

Maryland’s in the same boat, but I don’t care. Screw those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post

Same game though.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Congrats to all the hard work the ACC has put in to give the ACC a shot to win it without having to cheer for UNC.
    I like your point. Duke, Miami, and ND, all at home, could make it 8 wins.

Wake and Pitt pulling the upsets and the 3 favorites eking out wins has given the conference some much needed breathing room. Getting to 4-4 through Tuesday was the goal. But with the split of yesterday’s games the ACC unexpectedly sits at 5-3.

According to Torvik’s model, we are now basically a coin flip from winning the challenge. Quite the turn of events. Still plenty of work to do, as we are only favored in 2 of tonight’s matchups (and not by a lot in those). But there is a clear path to a win, and regardless it appears that the conference won’t be embarrassed.

If only the ACC could play as well when facing mid-majors as it does when taking on a P5 conference.

Sheesh!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    I would want no part of Hunter Dickinson. Pretty sure that dude (unintentionally) smashed Kadin Shedrick's face right in. Virginia might've won this game, but they took a physical beating.
    Yeah that was an interesting play. It was clearly unintentional, and Shedrick was in his grill, but at bare minimum it was a reckless play by Dickinson. Part of me thought letting that go might’ve been a make up call for the iffy “hook and hold” on review earlier.

Again, hats off to the Hoos… they’re gonna be a nightmare this year. The good news for Duke from that game was that Hunter’s success could help Jon’s game plan in a couple months. We’ll need the Kyle Filipowski who was a beast against Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I think the logic is you take the TO to make the shooter think more about it. I wonder what the statistics show if that actually works but it did in this case -- he missed. You can't assume the FT would be missed without the TO. But yeah, not being able to run a set play from out of bounds makes it a bit trickier certainly but you'd rather be down 2 than 3.

At least you have football to look forward to this weekend. 😀
    True… although that makes more sense to me if he had made the first. He had already missed it, so it was going to be a one possession game regardless. Take the timeout after the shot and then draw up a length of the court play for 2 OR 3 depending, right?

I acknowledge your kind words in your second paragraph but shall not elaborate given the requests of some members of the board