Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I don't even think Duke has been that horrible. Purdue has been superb. Boilermakers were ruthlessly efficient on offense and were in great position all half on D. They are grown ups. Skmeones said Duke isn't ready for this game yet. Concur. This is a grown-I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. man's game and we ain't there yet. But it is good for these kids to see what it takes. Also love how Proctor and Filipowski have played.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Whitehead is just not ready for prime time. Really disappointed in how this so called lottery pick is going to do anything in this game.
    Agreed. Very disappointing for a #2 overall prospect. Preseason injury or not.

Purdue is just really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    How are Whitehead and Lively the top two prospects in nationv
    They knew they had to step up today. It is a mystery,despite their injuries, they were so highly rated. They are not going to help us today from what they have shown.

Really hate that Roach’s injury came from a Purdue player diving at his feet and making contact with no call. Purdue has been allowed to play more physically.

I’ll take one Duke loss and two UNC losses for the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    They knew they had to step up today. It is a mystery,despite their injuries, they were so highly rated. They are not going to help us today from what they have shown.
    Lively has played fine. They just have no answer for Edey.

Whitehead still is playing too fast and adjusting. He’ll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I’ll take one Duke loss and two UNC losses for the weekend
    Let us hope Roach's injury is not serious.

Carolina is down 3 at the half in the third place game in the weak bracket, so there’s that silver lining

Up until about a minute to go, Purdue was shooting over 68%! Hard to win with that kind of offensive efficiency. That likely won't hold up in 2nd half so I feel good about that. Sure hope Roach is ok and I know our guys will keep fighting! Let's go Duke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I don't even think Duke has been that horrible. Purdue has been superb. Boilermakers were ruthlessly efficient on offense and were in great position all half on D. They are grown ups. Skmeones said Duke isn't ready for this game yet. Concur. This is a grown-I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. man's game and we ain't there yet. But it is good for these kids to see what it takes. Also love how Proctor and Filipowski have played.
    Purdue shooting 57% - Duke shooting 50%. All that said - no chance without Roach. We will see if Whitehead can get it together. That is the best that can come from this game. Lively is so limited offensively and cannot handle Edey. Maybe we will see if Reeves is a diamond in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post

You are far more confident in both of them living up to their rankings than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post

Define playing fine- no points - no rebounds - one block and 3 fouls.

This Purdue team is the best I've seen this year. No obvious weaknesses plus a NPOY candidate in Edey. Please sit Jeremy for the rest of this game!
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

Just a friendly reminder: please keep posts constructive. DBR has a policy against destructively negative posts and venting.

Destructively Negative. Oh, there are times when things aren't going Duke's way, and we want to discuss the loss or other less than pleasant issue. Its OK to be negative, but do so in a manner that is not destructive to the person (particularly players, staff, and their families). "Player X has to work on his rebounding" or "Player Y really has a low shooting percentage from three point range" is fine. "Player X couldn't rebound if he was the only player on the court," "Player Y jacks up nothing but airballs," "Player Z sucks and shouldn't wear a Duke uniform," "Player X won't have a place and should transfer," are all examples of Destructively Negative. We don't throw players under the bus here.

Venting. Related to Destructively Negative. If you're too emotional to post thoughtfully, don't post.
    -jk

The W is likely out the window, but as long as Duke fights to the last second, it will serve well in the rest of the season.

I would give Reeves a shot at guarding Edey. He’s as big as Lively and fully healthy.

Proctor has been fair today. Mitchell needs to not hesitate and think he can get a shot over Edey. Duke can turn this around with just smart team basketball. It will require no turnovers and better defense.

Alright boys, let’s string some stops together and cut into the lead. Lot of basketball left Duke!

If none of y'all thinks "Today I didn't even have to use my JK" every time JK posts then I don't understand any of you.