Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    This feels like a game for which we are the underdog despite what the line says. They’ve got a balanced veteran team that is at the top end of the Big East. And there is the Miller factor.

We will obviously need to shoot better, but this one will require us to limit their second chances and avoid turnovers. Play with composure and we have a good chance. Looking for breakout games from Lively and Whitehead.
    Agreed, I’m not confident we can beat a team like this given how terrible our offense has looked away from Cameron. At least all of Xavier’s starters played 30+ minutes yesterday, so we may be fresher at the end- assuming the game is close. I do like how the team competes so maybe players will step up when needed. Need to play less tentative today.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    This feels like a game for which we are the underdog despite what the line says. They’ve got a balanced veteran team that is at the top end of the Big East. And there is the Miller factor.

We will obviously need to shoot better, but this one will require us to limit their second chances and avoid turnovers. Play with composure and we have a good chance. Looking for breakout games from Lively and Whitehead.
    I'd settle for each them just improving from the last game. Or playing better than average, which at this point in their careers, would be a breakout game.

I realize Flip was a 5 star, highly rated recruit, but did anyone see his offensive game as being this elite this early in his career? My goodness. He’s darn near unstoppable. He has way better handles and can put the ball on the floor with a great jump shot than I had anticipated. This kid is playing like a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I realize Flip was a 5 star, highly rated recruit, but did anyone see his offensive game as being this elite this early in his career? My goodness. He’s darn near unstoppable. He has way better handles and can put the ball on the floor with a great jump shot than I had anticipated. This kid is playing like a stud.
    It's wild that I read in a couple places how he was likely to not be a one and done. He's easily going to be a lottery pick if he keeps this up.

5 fouls in less than 6 minutes for Duke. Need to clean that up some.

One guy good the rest continue to struggle. A score by Whitehead after 2 or 3 bonehead plays.Not much improvement and no offensive rebounds.Roach is not producing is a big issue.

Xavier is knocking down 3s at will.

20 a piece at the under 8 media timeout. Duke getting thrashed on the boards 14-8. Xavier is 4-8 from 3 which is keeping them in this.

4-8 as of now

They shot 10/20 yesterday so they're not shy.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    One guy good the rest continue to struggle. A score by Whitehead after 2 or 3 bonehead plays.Not much improvement and no offensive rebounds.Roach is not producing is a big issue.
    Both guards are not producing

Good to see Dariq find his jump shot. It is high-arking and pure.

Needed that 3. And that 2.And that 3. Roach finally starts hitting and making Duke a better team. I still don't understand why Proctor is unable to score. He is still shaky as hell.
    Last edited by heyman25; 11-25-2022 at 04:17 PM.

Offensively challenged team.

Blakes should not have the ball with under 10 on the shot clock.

Roach is catching fire off the bounce. Looking like the Roach from the 2022 NCAAT regionals.

Roach is catching fire off the bounce. Looking like the Roach from the 2022 NCAAT regionals.
    Roach and Whitehead showing some life

Well Roach found his shot and the defense regained its footing

Why is Sean Miller still coaching? Shameful.

Roach getting points even during a time out