Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    State wins 30-27.
    Wow!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm thankful for carolina being on a two game losing streak.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

9F the heels.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm thankful for carolina being on a two game losing streak.
    ...and local (awful) sports media telling us a few days ago they were in the conversation for the CFB playoffs and the Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...and local (awful) sports media telling us a few days ago they were in the conversation for the CFB playoffs and the Heisman
    And now the rest of the universe knows what BS that was.

I didn't think it could get any worse, but the relatively new Ovies/Giglio show on 99.9 is a new level of unlistenable.

We are in the final minutes of the Atlantic and Coastal divisions, and what a way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    I didn't think it could get any worse, but the relatively new Ovies/Giglio show on 99.9 is a new level of unlistenable.
    Really is. Ovies has zero feel for the ACC history, etc...and is "too cool for school." When he starts to pontificate on any kind of perspective, it's obvious he has no history with the conference.
    Giglio is just vanilla, not even vanilla bean.

Nothing local has been good since David Glenn started mailing in his once decent show years ago. He once had a good product, but it's been years. I'm not even sure if he's around any more.

Local radio is dying industry...for many reasons...the product is now reflecting it.

LOL...losing to your rival who has to start their 4th string QB who two weeks ago was in the scout team. Sounds like something NC State would do. Times are changing.

I'm guessing it might be possible that the upcoming ACC championship game will be the first NCAA conference championship game featuring two teams that each lost their last regular-season game (and in one team's case, the last two games).

Really is. Ovies has zero feel for the ACC history, etc...and is "too cool for school." When he starts to pontificate on any kind of perspective, it's obvious he has no history with the conference.

Nothing local has been good since David Glenn started mailing in his once decent show years ago. He once had a good product, but it's been years. I'm not even sure if he's around any more.

Local radio is dying industry...for many reasons...the product is now reflecting it.
    I've watched some of The Fan's youtube content. In terms of football, its the Panthers, UNC and NCSU, other teams might as well not exist. In their defense (I guess) those are the biggest demographics in their listening area. Giglio seems to have a resentment of UNC to an extent. It seems to be more about the entitled fanbase than the teams themselves.

While I agree with everything you said, I do have to say that the drop in quality is pretty extreme in the Triangle compared to other college towns / areas I’ve lived. I recently moved back to my home town from Raleigh, for example, and was shocked to hear actual discussion of actual collegiate sporting events, with analysis and everything. There were actual callers dialing in to discuss. The hosts sounded like they were actually interested in the subject matter.

That may not be the case everywhere but in an area with multiple major universities, you’d like to think that the radio hosts wouldn’t sound like they were just barely managing to hide their disdain for college sports, the schools or the fans of the schools that they are supposedly covering.