Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

FB: Duke 34, Wake Forest 31

Duke opens as a 3.5 points underdog against Wake Forest in the final game of the regular season. See you in Wallace Wade Stadium.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-22-2022 at 03:02 PM.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Duke opens as a 3.5 points underdog against Wake Forest in the final game of the regular season. See you in Wallace Wade Stadium.
    I always like being an underdog! And if you're planning on being in the stadium, you're welcome to join us outside as well for our tailgate.

I like that Wake won yesterday. They are undeniably a good team, I did not want to face them on an extended losing streak. This will be fun, both teams at 7-4, but Duke with the better (and winning) conference record.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    As legal sports betting extends across the land, it might be time to try to run to 6-0 this year by betting on the Devils this coming weekend.

We will need to score early and often to have a chance - likely in the 40’s.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Wake's defense has sustained some injuries this year and its almost as bad as UNCs. Duke should be able to score on the Deacs. I'm curious how Elko is going to call the defense for this game, he's worked with Clawson, but I don't know how familiar he is with the whole delayed handoff thing. Wake's run game seems to have suffered somewhat when i watched them vs NCSU and UNC, don't know how it fared against Cuse. Get to Hartman and pressure him, he's shown he'll make a mistake. Defense has to be creative, and confuse the line.

I'm taking the fam to support the team since nobody else will be there. Win or lose, its been a successful season, and the team deserves some fan support.

Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post
    Wake's defense has sustained some injuries this year and its almost as bad as UNCs. Duke should be able to score on the Deacs. I'm curious how Elko is going to call the defense for this game, he's worked with Clawson, but I don't know how familiar he is with the whole delayed handoff thing. Wake's run game seems to have suffered somewhat when i watched them vs NCSU and UNC, don't know how it fared against Cuse. Get to Hartman and pressure him, he's shown he'll make a mistake. Defense has to be creative, and confuse the line.

I'm taking the fam to support the team since nobody else will be there. Win or lose, its been a successful season, and the team deserves some fan support.
    Yep. Big game, big rivalry. WF will not be on the schedule as much going forward according to the new policy.

We have some seniors and a fine new coaching staff to celebrate. Beautiful football weather is forecast.

Go Duke!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Yep. Big game, big rivalry. WF will not be on the schedule as much going forward according to the new policy.
    Duke's permanent opponents are UNC, NCSU, and Wake for the next 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Didn’t know that. State at home every other year will help attendance as they always believe “wait till next year”.

A rabid fan base with nothing to show for it; similar to the Gamecocks.

I enjoy the terminology of four year permanence...(but I understand)...when you're used to giving 110% every day, you naturally get this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Early and often is good...but I don't see this as anything other than Duke being very slight underdog....not at all what I'd have said six weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Didn’t know that. State at home every other year will help attendance as they always believe “wait till next year”.

A rabid fan base with nothing to show for it; similar to the Gamecocks.
    With due respect, after living my life mostly in Raleigh or Columbia...uh, no, nothing at all like the Gamecock fan base IMO.
    But they do tend to come to Wally Wade when we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    With due respect, after living my life mostly in Raleigh or Columbia...uh, no, nothing at all like the Gamecock fan base IMO.
    But they do tend to come to Wally Wade when we play them.
    Extends to their basketball program, too.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Per Duke, the game will be on ACCN. Celebrate, all ye RSN haters!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I enjoy the terminology of four year permanence...(but I understand)...when you're used to giving 110% every day, you naturally get this stuff...
    I believe it's a new tradition to have permanent rivals of the 4-year variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    A tradition unlike any other! Then in four years we change it...

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Perhaps the ACC should use a different distinction than permanent-rotating for scheduling. Static rivals? Untwirling rivals?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    A tradition unlike any other! Then in four years we change it...
    In four years, we might not have a choice. Or traditional rivals. Not in this ever changing conference landscape.

Perhaps the ACC should use a different distinction than permanent-rotating for scheduling. Static rivals? Untwirling rivals?
    Post-it Rivals: They sort-of stick, until they sort-of don’t. The cross-branded marketing campaign with 3M writes itself.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    In four years, we might not have a choice. Or traditional rivals. Not in this ever changing conference landscape.
    10 years from now, Duke's blood feud with Illinois will be must-see TV. You've heard of "The Catch" and "The Play", well, whatever Duke and Illinois did in that one future game, it will be bestowed with similar nomenclature!!!!! Might even be a 30 for 30 episode.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yes, the future could be very unstable. That being said, when we went to the Atlantic/Coastal split and the designation of rivals and scheduling, it lasted 17 years before the latest major change.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Yes, the future could be very unstable. That being said, when we went to the Atlantic/Coastal split and the designation of rivals and scheduling, it lasted 17 years before the latest major change.
    I'll enjoy State and Wake while we can!