Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    He's there. Look at the last play, he is wearing #4, and lined up on the far side of the line (might #4 have been his father's number?)...you can see the name on the back of his jersey...
    Thanks. I was looking for his regular number. That's a wonderful moment. I'm recalling his dad as #24 and Roger Boone as #4 but Airball was many moons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Believe he was also recognized for senior day, right?
    Yes, Ham was recognized during Senior Day ceremony.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I get that, but it's still nice to recognize a job well done when it's earned. I doubt he cared, but still.
    haha I had the exact opposite reaction. I bet it drove him crazy. He seems to have an amazing ability to taking anything as a personal slight and overreact. This has probably allowed him to use that for motivation at times. And at most other times, it has probably made him a miserable person to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Yes, Ham was recognized during Senior Day ceremony.
    Has anyone seen the full list of honorees posted anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Thanks. I was looking for his regular number. That's a wonderful moment. I'm recalling his dad as #24 and Roger Boone as #4 but Airball was many moons ago.
    I never would have noticed had someone on the Devils Den not mentioned it.

As far as Senior Day, it seems that some of the guys who were honored may in fact be eligible (and choose) to come back. That would be nice.

I noticed Robinson didn't play, is he injured? He made some big catches in the previous 2 games.

If you want to show some support to Riley Leonard, go give him a vote here for the Manning QB of the week award:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2220459&type=3

Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post
    I noticed Robinson didn't play, is he injured? He made some big catches in the previous 2 games.
    I think you mean Robertson, Junior WR, #1. The one who single-handedly killed a couple of drives with bonehead illegal blocks? I noticed he didn't play much the last couple of games. Probably justifed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy12 View Post
    I agree Elko is the only choice for ACC coach of the year. Who would his rivals be for national coach of the year? Kansas's coach (I don't know his name) would have been a candidate, but they got beat up in their conference, as would have Duke if they played in the Big 12. Maybe TCU's coach? Tulane had a pretty huge turnaround.
    How about Lincoln Riley at USC?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    How about Lincoln Riley at USC?
    Agree... Top contenders are Fritz, Riley and Dykes... I think Elko deserves consideration, but those are the top three, and I think it's between Riley and Dykes (and personally would choose Dykes).

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    Agree... Top contenders are Fritz, Riley and Dykes... I think Elko deserves consideration, but those are the top three, and I think it's between Riley and Dykes (and personally would choose Dykes).
    Yeah, I'm fine with Elko getting his due and getting COY in the ACC. He deserves it. Nationally, there are some higher profile guys for sure.

Knowing the ACC sportswriters, though, anything could happen.

Yeah, I'm fine with Elko getting his due and getting COY in the ACC. He deserves it. Nationally, there are some higher profile guys for sure.

Yep including Mack Brown. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Elko wins the ACC award.

... Knowing the ACC sportswriters, though, anything could happen.
    I didn't even know that Joe Forte coaches football -- that said, he seems deserving to me.

I'm sure Bomani will mail in a vote for Elko.......

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I have a different view about Coach K and the ACC COY award for the last 12 years-- he outgrew it. After he became coach of Team USA and won the Olympics, he was the best-known, most celebrated, and arguably the best basketball coach on planet Earth. Give someone else the ACC award.
    well I agree with you on the substance, but it's not supposed to be that kind of handicapped award...

Also, his last 12 were not his best 12. The good news about that...is that while Jon will never equal K's career...there is no reason Jon's first 10 years, say, can't equal K's last ten years...or even better it.

Or, say, the last 5, or last 12, whatever time frame you want to measure...it's not like Jon is stepping in after 7 FFs in 9 years...which brings up another thought. How freaking amazing was it to be a Duke fan in the 80s and early 90s? Maybe the all time peak of college hoops overall...all those Final Fours...and the Kentucky Game ...

oh, I must've nodded off for a second....so back to football...which was pretty spectacular this year itself...