Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 195

Thread: Good Thoughts

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    As if Flip's news wasn't enough, my sons got Christian Laettner to send me a video message this morning. He thanked me for being a big Duke fan, encouraged me to keep fighting, thanked me for being a teacher (he said his Mom taught for 30 years so he understood what it takes), and finished with a BIG GO DUKE!! I was moved to tears. I am so lucky. I guess I need to start hearing from those Blue Devils from my youth now...the Bubas years. I also got a message from Randy Cuthbert awhile back as a result of my middle son's podcast, Bull City Coordinators. Add my free Firehouse birthday sub and it's been a good birthday week.
    Sounds like a great birthday week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    As if Flip's news wasn't enough, my sons got Christian Laettner to send me a video message this morning. He thanked me for being a big Duke fan, encouraged me to keep fighting, thanked me for being a teacher (he said his Mom taught for 30 years so he understood what it takes), and finished with a BIG GO DUKE!! I was moved to tears. I am so lucky. I guess I need to start hearing from those Blue Devils from my youth now...the Bubas years. I also got a message from Randy Cuthbert awhile back as a result of my middle son's podcast, Bull City Coordinators. Add my free Firehouse birthday sub and it's been a good birthday week.
    Happy birthday, great report!
    Duke 28. Clemson 7.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    sounds like a great birthday week! happy birthday!
    and many more!!!

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Happy late birthday. Praying for you. Keep those positive thoughts.

    God bless and GoDuke!

  5. #145
    Just checkin’ to see how you’re doing and let you know we’re thinking of you!

    Please tell us some good news!

  6. #146
    Checkin’ bump. Hope all is well!

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central, SC

    Thanks

    Sorry that I haven't updated recently. It's been a nice few weeks. Saw the Doc today and blood work continues to be good. I have a shot and infusion scheduled for Wed., 5/24. I have had a little discomfort this week but the Doc didn't seem too concerned. Managing with Tylenol. No scan scheduled at the moment. Next treatment after 5/24 will be after July 4th. Thanks again to everyone for your good thoughts. There are so many of us out there fighting hard. Keep us in your thoughts. I finally ordered one of the ACC Championship shirts...they're cheaper now and went with the black one. Wore it today. Spring sports have been a great distraction and the men's BB news is encouraging, too. Eagerly awaiting Elko, season two. Go Duke!

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Sorry that I haven't updated recently. It's been a nice few weeks. Saw the Doc today and blood work continues to be good. I have a shot and infusion scheduled for Wed., 5/24. I have had a little discomfort this week but the Doc didn't seem too concerned. Managing with Tylenol. No scan scheduled at the moment. Next treatment after 5/24 will be after July 4th. Thanks again to everyone for your good thoughts. There are so many of us out there fighting hard. Keep us in your thoughts. I finally ordered one of the ACC Championship shirts...they're cheaper now and went with the black one. Wore it today. Spring sports have been a great distraction and the men's BB news is encouraging, too. Eagerly awaiting Elko, season two. Go Duke!
    very nice to hear, pete.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Sorry that I haven't updated recently. It's been a nice few weeks. Saw the Doc today and blood work continues to be good. I have a shot and infusion scheduled for Wed., 5/24. I have had a little discomfort this week but the Doc didn't seem too concerned. Managing with Tylenol. No scan scheduled at the moment. Next treatment after 5/24 will be after July 4th. Thanks again to everyone for your good thoughts. There are so many of us out there fighting hard. Keep us in your thoughts. I finally ordered one of the ACC Championship shirts...they're cheaper now and went with the black one. Wore it today. Spring sports have been a great distraction and the men's BB news is encouraging, too. Eagerly awaiting Elko, season two. Go Duke!
    Thanks; exactly what we were hoping to hear!

    Please keep us updated. We are thinking about you every day and know you’re going to win!

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Sorry that I haven't updated recently. It's been a nice few weeks. Saw the Doc today and blood work continues to be good. I have a shot and infusion scheduled for Wed., 5/24. I have had a little discomfort this week but the Doc didn't seem too concerned. Managing with Tylenol. No scan scheduled at the moment. Next treatment after 5/24 will be after July 4th. Thanks again to everyone for your good thoughts. There are so many of us out there fighting hard. Keep us in your thoughts. I finally ordered one of the ACC Championship shirts...they're cheaper now and went with the black one. Wore it today. Spring sports have been a great distraction and the men's BB news is encouraging, too. Eagerly awaiting Elko, season two. Go Duke!
    Thank you for the update. Prayers continue that you fell better and all tests comeback with good news.

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Great update!

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central, SC

    Today

    Headed in for an infusion and a shot in an hour or so. Hoping this one won't be so bad. So proud of the spring sports success for our Blue Devils. Thanks for all the good thoughts. Let's Go Duke!

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Headed in for an infusion and a shot in an hour or so. Hoping this one won't be so bad. So proud of the spring sports success for our Blue Devils. Thanks for all the good thoughts. Let's Go Duke!
    Hoping for the best today! Stay strong, my friend!

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Headed in for an infusion and a shot in an hour or so. Hoping this one won't be so bad. So proud of the spring sports success for our Blue Devils. Thanks for all the good thoughts. Let's Go Duke!
    You know I'm praying for you my Duke brother. I'll check in soon. Thank you for checking in on me.

    God bless and GoDuke!
    Tommy

  15. #155
    Hi P&P,

    Just checkin’ to see how you’re doing and let you know we’re thinking of you!

    Please tell us some good news!

  16. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central, SC

    Update

    Sorry I haven't posted sooner. It's been busy here. We've had some work done in the house. The last blood work was good and the infusion was ok (hit the vein on the first try). As I mentioned, it was medicine that doesn't produce side effects. Trying to get back into something like my previous workout routine. We're also headed out for our first real trip since before Covid. That last trip was Northern Ireland (Belfast and the surrounding area) and Cornwall. We went to the Doc Martin village while they were filming and met some of the actors and crew. Trying to remember how to travel after four years. I feel pretty good physically right now. Psychologically, it's a little weird. Still taking the oral cancer drug and supplements of course. Also, still adjusting to the longer periods between treatments. Trying to live in the moment like my dogs. Hard not to wonder what might be next though. I did see that one possible treatment option for later has now become one of those drugs that is difficult to get in the US. I am so grateful for my Duke family on this site and your thoughts, prayers, and support. I will NEVER be able to adequately express what a difference you have made in this fight. I hope I get to meet all of you at some point, preferably at a game celebrating a Duke win.

  17. #157
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Sorry I haven't posted sooner. It's been busy here. We've had some work done in the house. The last blood work was good and the infusion was ok (hit the vein on the first try). As I mentioned, it was medicine that doesn't produce side effects. Trying to get back into something like my previous workout routine. We're also headed out for our first real trip since before Covid. That last trip was Northern Ireland (Belfast and the surrounding area) and Cornwall. We went to the Doc Martin village while they were filming and met some of the actors and crew. Trying to remember how to travel after four years. I feel pretty good physically right now. Psychologically, it's a little weird. Still taking the oral cancer drug and supplements of course. Also, still adjusting to the longer periods between treatments. Trying to live in the moment like my dogs. Hard not to wonder what might be next though. I did see that one possible treatment option for later has now become one of those drugs that is difficult to get in the US. I am so grateful for my Duke family on this site and your thoughts, prayers, and support. I will NEVER be able to adequately express what a difference you have made in this fight. I hope I get to meet all of you at some point, preferably at a game celebrating a Duke win.
    Fantastic report, and I look forward to the day when we can get a group together to celebrate.
    Duke 28. Clemson 7.

  18. #158
    Thank you for the update with such good news. Prayers continue for you.

    Safe travels for your upcoming trip. I hope it is somewhere great and relaxing.

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    attaboy!

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Sorry I haven't posted sooner. It's been busy here. We've had some work done in the house. The last blood work was good and the infusion was ok (hit the vein on the first try). As I mentioned, it was medicine that doesn't produce side effects. Trying to get back into something like my previous workout routine. We're also headed out for our first real trip since before Covid. That last trip was Northern Ireland (Belfast and the surrounding area) and Cornwall. We went to the Doc Martin village while they were filming and met some of the actors and crew. Trying to remember how to travel after four years. I feel pretty good physically right now. Psychologically, it's a little weird. Still taking the oral cancer drug and supplements of course. Also, still adjusting to the longer periods between treatments. Trying to live in the moment like my dogs. Hard not to wonder what might be next though. I did see that one possible treatment option for later has now become one of those drugs that is difficult to get in the US. I am so grateful for my Duke family on this site and your thoughts, prayers, and support. I will NEVER be able to adequately express what a difference you have made in this fight. I hope I get to meet all of you at some point, preferably at a game celebrating a Duke win.
    Thank you, very much, for your update. Very glad to hear you’re staying very positive and fighting very hard. Already looking forward to celebrating your victory over cancer!

Similar Threads

  1. Caribbean Thoughts
    By Udaman in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-09-2015, 04:32 PM
  2. Good cause - good seats
    By allenmurray in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2015, 01:39 PM
  3. DVR thoughts
    By 365Duke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •