Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Chemo # 2 has knocked me back a bit more than # 1. Unsure whether it's cumulative or the result of extra meds this time. Feeling better this morning after a nap, but tired. Let's Go Duke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Thanks for your update and fighting hard for the ultimate win!

Two separate gifts are heading your way. We’re thinking of you often and know you’re going to win!
    All the best to both of you!

Chemo # 2 has knocked me back a bit more than # 1. Unsure whether it's cumulative or the result of extra meds this time. Feeling better this morning after a nap, but tired. Let's Go Duke!
    peteandpete, I'm late to this thread, but please know that prayers are coming your way from Missouri.

Kindness

In addition to all your good wishes, I received a couple of special gifts from one of you. And a childhood friend of one of our children somehow got Coach Scheyer to send a video message of encouragement. A young coach in the middle of his first season took the time to send well wishes. I completely lost it and cried. What a community. I love you guys. Thanks everyone.

A childhood friend of one of our children somehow got Coach Scheyer to send a video message of encouragement. A young coach in the middle of his first season took the time to send well wishes. I completely lost it and cried. What a community. I love you guys. Thanks everyone.
    That is incredible. I believe K used to do stuff like that so I am glad Scheyer is taking a page from his book. That is really cool.

Please tell us some good news. We’re thinking about you often and know you’re going to win.

Update

Please tell us some good news. We’re thinking about you often and know you’re going to win.
    Thanks for asking, Jeffrey. My big concern at the moment is that chemo #3 is the morning of the bowl game and I hope to get back to the house in time for kick-off; however, I'll record it just in case. I taught and coached for 30 years. I say that as a prelude to the special day I had yesterday. One of my former student athletes came by for a visit to check on me and it really raised my spirits. We have stayed in touch but it's been a few years since I had seen her. She was one of many who helped make me a better person and I am so grateful to have had those kids in my life. I managed to avoid crying....even during the hard hugs we shared. The comments here, the items you sent, and contact from former students and athletes are as powerful as the treatments I am receiving. Thank you all so much. Let's Go Duke!

Wishes for all

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE and thanks again for your good thoughts and prayers.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE and thanks again for your good thoughts and prayers.
    Merry Christmas, my friend!
    Hope you and your family have a great holiday!

Thanks for asking, Jeffrey. My big concern at the moment is that chemo #3 is the morning of the bowl game and I hope to get back to the house in time for kick-off; however, I'll record it just in case. I taught and coached for 30 years. I say that as a prelude to the special day I had yesterday. One of my former student athletes came by for a visit to check on me and it really raised my spirits. We have stayed in touch but it's been a few years since I had seen her. She was one of many who helped make me a better person and I am so grateful to have had those kids in my life. I managed to avoid crying...even during the hard hugs we shared. The comments here, the items you sent, and contact from former students and athletes are as powerful as the treatments I am receiving. Thank you all so much. Let's Go Duke!
    Really nice update peteandpete. You are so strong and positive. Keep it going. Here's hoping Duke football gives you a nice rebound from a crummy Wednesday morning.

Prayers continue from Kansas. Enjoy the special visits with former students.

Let's go, Duke!

Update

Well, headed for Chemo #3 this morning and hoping to get back in time for kick-off. I will record the game just in case. I actually completed a slow partial work out the last two days...something I used to do daily before this started. Hope everyone had a good holiday. Fired up for today. Let's Go Duke!

Well, headed for Chemo #3 this morning and hoping to get back in time for kick-off. I will record the game just in case. I actually completed a slow partial work out the last two days...something I used to do daily before this started. Hope everyone had a good holiday. Fired up for today. Let's Go Duke!
    Be strong!

Thinking of you. You will beat this.

Kick it’s butt (like we’re gonna kick UCF butt) today!

Hope everything went as well as possible today and you enjoyed every minute of the Duke game!

Hope you and your family are enjoying the holidays and making great plans for many, many more!

Continued prayers for you. Go peteandpete!

Chemo # 3 plus 2

Thanks Blue Devils. I enjoyed every minute and I'm sure it is helping me this time. Thankfully, I recorded the game because as I feared, we didn't get back in time for kick off. A contributing factor was, for the first time, they had trouble getting the needle into the vein. I have never had that problem. It took three different nurses. Colorful metaphors were about to flow freely. There were so many people there. I got the last seat available. We have to end this disease. Sadly, we saw a friend there for treatment. We did not know that she was dealing with this until that moment. Some stomach issues again that night (thanks for imodium) and some facial flush. Haven't felt as fatigued as last time yet. Thanks again for all the supportive messages and to the Ducks. Now let's beat FSU Saturday. Let's Go Duke!

Red face

As the New Year starts, you continue to be in my prayers.

Please give us a New Year’s update. We’re thinking about you often and know you’re going to win. Did you enjoy our win today?

Update

Please give us a New Year’s update. We’re thinking about you often and know you’re going to win. Did you enjoy our win today?
    Thanks for asking, Jeffrey. The fatigue is truly overwhelming when it hits and stays for several days. Back to the morning dog walks and may try a light work out again starting today. The NCS game wasn't much fun; however, I'm glad we managed to do more good than bad against BC. Trying to keep myself mentally strong as the time between treatments seems to go faster. How are you doing? I hope all who continue to check in on me are well. Let's Go Duke!