Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 417

Thread: Good Thoughts

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Well, being almost three weeks out from treatment # 4, we ventured to Greenville for a concert (tickets bought months ago to see the Wailing Jennys) last night. I set the DVR to record the game. Then side effects reared their ugly head and we left before intermission. Fortunately, we have seen them before. This is as crummy as I have felt before a treatment (#5 tomorrow) and it has nothing to do with last night's game, although that was a mess. Wish me luck.
    Be strong, you got this.

    How many treatments currently scheduled/planned?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central, SC

    Post-update

    Well, not as fatigued yet this time. Stomach good so far. But woozy. Also, continue to have what we have affectionately called jelly legs. Oh well. Beat the Hoos! Let's Go Duke!

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central, SC

    Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Well, not as fatigued yet this time. Stomach good so far. But woozy. Also, continue to have what we have affectionately called jelly legs. Oh well. Beat the Hoos! Let's Go Duke!
    Tired...from treatment and basketball results. Truly a shame to see such great FT defense wasted and have a chance to win in spite of so many turnovers. Also, sickened to wake up to the news of another campus shooting. Life is too precious for us to continue not doing anything meaningful to stop this. Scan is one week away. Fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone for your support. Beat the Irish!

  4. #104
    Prayers continue from Kansas - for strength, victories*, and promising scans.


    * basketball and, most importantly, victory over cancer.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Scan is one week away. Fingers crossed.
    When do you get your results?

    Thoughts and prayers for great news!

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central, SC

    Scan

    The scan is tomorrow afternoon so I have to fast for 6 hours. I think I will wait until next Wednesday for the results when I see the doc before chemo. I could log in I guess before then; however, I have no control really over how things have gone and next Wednesday will involve a discussion on what's next so I will just try to enjoy each day. Fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for caring and checking in. Your support has been more important than you could ever know. Love you guys. Let's Go Duke!

  7. #107
    Prayers for a clear scan.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    The scan is tomorrow afternoon so I have to fast for 6 hours. I think I will wait until next Wednesday for the results when I see the doc before chemo. I could log in I guess before then; however, I have no control really over how things have gone and next Wednesday will involve a discussion on what's next so I will just try to enjoy each day. Fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for caring and checking in. Your support has been more important than you could ever know. Love you guys. Let's Go Duke!
    Thank you for your update and timeline. I think about you and your battle often.

    I love your attitude and approach. Enjoy every sandwich!

  9. #109
    Just looking at this thread…. Good luck, I am sure the scans will turn out well… they often do!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central, SC

    Tomorrow

    Well, tomorrow afternoon I will leave the chemotherapy bubble that began in November with the last of six scheduled treatments. I am a little anxious as I will see the doctor before infusion to find out the results of last Thursday's scan and what we should do next. It took awhile; however, I have finally summoned the courage to investigate the latest research and am hopeful for the opportunity to be treated with a radioactive infusion that should have manageable side effects and has shown to significantly delay progression. There are a number of promising treatments/trials out there but time is still needed to move from palliative to curative treatment for those of us fighting this battle. Fingers crossed. Beat State and GTHCGTH! Thanks guys for your support.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Well, tomorrow afternoon I will leave the chemotherapy bubble that began in November with the last of six scheduled treatments. I am a little anxious as I will see the doctor before infusion to find out the results of last Thursday's scan and what we should do next. It took awhile; however, I have finally summoned the courage to investigate the latest research and am hopeful for the opportunity to be treated with a radioactive infusion that should have manageable side effects and has shown to significantly delay progression. There are a number of promising treatments/trials out there but time is still needed to move from palliative to curative treatment for those of us fighting this battle. Fingers crossed. Beat State and GTHCGTH! Thanks guys for your support.
    Be strong, you’ve got this!

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Well, tomorrow afternoon I will leave the chemotherapy bubble that began in November with the last of six scheduled treatments. I am a little anxious as I will see the doctor before infusion to find out the results of last Thursday's scan and what we should do next. It took awhile; however, I have finally summoned the courage to investigate the latest research and am hopeful for the opportunity to be treated with a radioactive infusion that should have manageable side effects and has shown to significantly delay progression. There are a number of promising treatments/trials out there but time is still needed to move from palliative to curative treatment for those of us fighting this battle. Fingers crossed. Beat State and GTHCGTH! Thanks guys for your support.
    Best of luck and best of health to you. Some things are even more important than basketball!

  13. #113
    Prayers for strength and good news!

  14. #114
    I’m sending good thoughts your way. Hope your scan results go your way. All the best wishes!

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Well, tomorrow afternoon I will leave the chemotherapy bubble that began in November with the last of six scheduled treatments. I am a little anxious as I will see the doctor before infusion to find out the results of last Thursday's scan and what we should do next. It took awhile; however, I have finally summoned the courage to investigate the latest research and am hopeful for the opportunity to be treated with a radioactive infusion that should have manageable side effects and has shown to significantly delay progression. There are a number of promising treatments/trials out there but time is still needed to move from palliative to curative treatment for those of us fighting this battle. Fingers crossed. Beat State and GTHCGTH! Thanks guys for your support.
    Thank you, very much, for your update!
    Looking forward to some great news tomorrow. You’re a winner and winners win!

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Central, SC

    Positive news

    The scan showed marked improvement. And the next steps involve treatments with longer periods in between. More details later. We are relieved and remain hopeful. Thank you all.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    The scan showed marked improvement. And the next steps involve treatments with longer periods in between. More details later. We are relieved and remain hopeful. Thank you all.
    Fantastic!

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    The scan showed marked improvement. And the next steps involve treatments with longer periods in between. More details later. We are relieved and remain hopeful. Thank you all.
    Glad to hear it!

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Great news!

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rougemont Nebulae
    3 cheers! All the best!

Similar Threads

  1. Caribbean Thoughts
    By Udaman in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-09-2015, 04:32 PM
  2. Good cause - good seats
    By allenmurray in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2015, 01:39 PM
  3. DVR thoughts
    By 365Duke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •