Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Well, being almost three weeks out from treatment # 4, we ventured to Greenville for a concert (tickets bought months ago to see the Wailing Jennys) last night. I set the DVR to record the game. Then side effects reared their ugly head and we left before intermission. Fortunately, we have seen them before. This is as crummy as I have felt before a treatment (#5 tomorrow) and it has nothing to do with last night's game, although that was a mess. Wish me luck.
    Be strong, you got this.

How many treatments currently scheduled/planned?

Post-update

Well, not as fatigued yet this time. Stomach good so far. But woozy. Also, continue to have what we have affectionately called jelly legs. Oh well. Beat the Hoos! Let's Go Duke!

Well...

Well, not as fatigued yet this time. Stomach good so far. But woozy. Also, continue to have what we have affectionately called jelly legs. Oh well. Beat the Hoos! Let's Go Duke!
    Tired...from treatment and basketball results. Truly a shame to see such great FT defense wasted and have a chance to win in spite of so many turnovers. Also, sickened to wake up to the news of another campus shooting. Life is too precious for us to continue not doing anything meaningful to stop this. Scan is one week away. Fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone for your support. Beat the Irish!

Prayers continue from Kansas - for strength, victories*, and promising scans.

* basketball and, most importantly, victory over cancer.

Scan is one week away. Fingers crossed.
    When do you get your results?

Thoughts and prayers for great news!

Scan

The scan is tomorrow afternoon so I have to fast for 6 hours. I think I will wait until next Wednesday for the results when I see the doc before chemo. I could log in I guess before then; however, I have no control really over how things have gone and next Wednesday will involve a discussion on what's next so I will just try to enjoy each day. Fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for caring and checking in. Your support has been more important than you could ever know. Love you guys. Let's Go Duke!

Prayers for a clear scan.

The scan is tomorrow afternoon so I have to fast for 6 hours. I think I will wait until next Wednesday for the results when I see the doc before chemo. I could log in I guess before then; however, I have no control really over how things have gone and next Wednesday will involve a discussion on what's next so I will just try to enjoy each day. Fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for caring and checking in. Your support has been more important than you could ever know. Love you guys. Let's Go Duke!
    Thank you for your update and timeline. I think about you and your battle often.

I love your attitude and approach. Enjoy every sandwich!

Just looking at this thread…. Good luck, I am sure the scans will turn out well… they often do!

Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow afternoon I will leave the chemotherapy bubble that began in November with the last of six scheduled treatments. I am a little anxious as I will see the doctor before infusion to find out the results of last Thursday's scan and what we should do next. It took awhile; however, I have finally summoned the courage to investigate the latest research and am hopeful for the opportunity to be treated with a radioactive infusion that should have manageable side effects and has shown to significantly delay progression. There are a number of promising treatments/trials out there but time is still needed to move from palliative to curative treatment for those of us fighting this battle. Fingers crossed. Beat State and GTHCGTH! Thanks guys for your support.

Well, tomorrow afternoon I will leave the chemotherapy bubble that began in November with the last of six scheduled treatments. I am a little anxious as I will see the doctor before infusion to find out the results of last Thursday's scan and what we should do next. It took awhile; however, I have finally summoned the courage to investigate the latest research and am hopeful for the opportunity to be treated with a radioactive infusion that should have manageable side effects and has shown to significantly delay progression. There are a number of promising treatments/trials out there but time is still needed to move from palliative to curative treatment for those of us fighting this battle. Fingers crossed. Beat State and GTHCGTH! Thanks guys for your support.
    Be strong, you’ve got this!

Best of luck and best of health to you. Some things are even more important than basketball!

Prayers for strength and good news!

I’m sending good thoughts your way. Hope your scan results go your way. All the best wishes!

Thank you, very much, for your update!
    Looking forward to some great news tomorrow. You’re a winner and winners win!

Positive news

The scan showed marked improvement. And the next steps involve treatments with longer periods in between. More details later. We are relieved and remain hopeful. Thank you all.

The scan showed marked improvement. And the next steps involve treatments with longer periods in between. More details later. We are relieved and remain hopeful. Thank you all.
    Fantastic!

Glad to hear it!

Great news!

3 cheers! All the best!