Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Thoughts

Prayers for you. I know the Great Physician who can heal.

God Bless.

Yesterday

Yesterday was a long day. Started chemo and had to travel after to Greenville from Central (near Clemson) for a Pet scan. It
    is so overwhelming to go from one BP pill a day to all these meds. Your comments, prayers, and good thoughts are appreciated BEYOND words. Thank you all so much. Let's Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Yesterday was a long day. Started chemo and had to travel after to Greenville from Central (near Clemson) for a Pet scan. It
    is so overwhelming to go from one BP pill a day to all these meds. Your comments, prayers, and good thoughts are appreciated BEYOND words. Thank you all so much. Let's Go Duke!
    Thanks for the update.

What can the DBR community do, which would bring you some happiness? Please PM me with any requests. I’d love the chance to help. Make my day.

Prayers continue from Kansas.

I went to church in Central on the 13th so thus Kansan knows where it is. As Jeffrey said, let us know if you need anything.

Update

Well, I had my annual flu shot and was planning on the latest Covid booster in between chemo treatments. We have been soooo careful. However, I have tested positive for Covid. I seem to have the luck of some of our FB teams from a few years back....like that old Hee Haw song: Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Feeling crummy.

Ugh. Hang in there!

Well, I had my annual flu shot and was planning on the latest Covid booster in between chemo treatments. We have been soooo careful. However, I have tested positive for Covid. I seem to have the luck of some of our FB teams from a few years back...like that old Hee Haw song: Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Feeling crummy.
    That's rough. Hope it is a mild case, with a speedy recovery. Sending positive vibes in your direction.

Prayers for mild symptoms and a quick recovery.

Get some rest and best wishes going forward!

Maybe better to get covid now and hopefully getting it over with rather than getting it later when the chemo has weakened your body more?

Well, I had my annual flu shot and was planning on the latest Covid booster in between chemo treatments. We have been soooo careful. However, I have tested positive for Covid. I seem to have the luck of some of our FB teams from a few years back...like that old Hee Haw song: Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Feeling crummy.
    I’ve also had terrible luck the last 20 months. Persistence and determination are the keys to our success. Please PM, if there’s anything I can do to help you. We will survive!

Please tell us some good news. Is your Covid gone? Did you enjoy Duke’s last two games?

Thinking about you. Best wishes!

Update

Thanks again to everyone for your support. Thank God for Paxlovid. Back to where I was when chemo started. Still have a nagging cough, though. Fortunately, the main chemo side effect so far seems to be the beginning of hair loss. Oh well, some hair had gone with aging already...just a little disconcerting when you first notice it. The football and basketball results have been welcome distractions. Let's Go Duke! We finally had some Thanksgiving dishes this weekend as Mrs. B and daughter had also tested positive. Hug your loved ones and enjoy one another as often as you can. Your good thoughts and best wishes mean so much. THANK YOU ALL!

Thanks for your update and good Covid news!

Something I just learned….

“One serious example is that people who have cancer should not take vitamin C during chemotherapy, as it may reduce the effectiveness of treatment.”

https://apple.news/A63ygw-qkQsiq1DWOL5IMVg

Update

Chemo # 2 has knocked me back a bit more than # 1. Unsure whether it's cumulative or the result of extra meds this time. Feeling better this morning after a nap, but tired. Let's Go Duke!

Chemo # 2 has knocked me back a bit more than # 1. Unsure whether it's cumulative or the result of extra meds this time. Feeling better this morning after a nap, but tired. Let's Go Duke!
    Thanks for your update and fighting hard for the ultimate win!

Two separate gifts are heading your way. We’re thinking of you often and know you’re going to win!

Top Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Thanks for your update and fighting hard for the ultimate win!

Two separate gifts are heading your way. We’re thinking of you often and know you’re going to win!
    You are a gentleman and a scholar and there are so few of us left. Truly top shelf, Jeffrey. Thank you, Sir! Stay safe and well.

You are a gentleman and a scholar and there are so few of us left. Truly top shelf, Jeffrey. Thank you, Sir! Stay safe and well.
    It’s truly my pleasure! Thank you, very much, for reaching out and giving all of us a chance to win this battle with you. We will win!

Love this. All positive thoughts!