Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Feel free to report PMs. Mods can take action.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    As you should. Well done. Ignore people as you see fit.

Much better outcome than having someone, anyone, making decisions for you as to what information you may want to see.
    Please provide examples of Twitter, pre-Musk, barring "information". I was not aware they were doing this.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Feel free to report PMs. Mods can take action.

-jk
    I know. Luckily it hasn't happened recently. In general, I view this kind of stuff as confirmation that the person on the other end of the comment isn't smart enough to keep up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Here? It's never been an issue for me here. It's never been an issue for me anywhere. Probably nobody cares enough about anything I may post to give a hoot but I've never been harassed. I've been tattled on here but never insulted for being female.
    Maybe as a woman you weren’t aware you were being harassed. We men see these things much more clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yep. Here. Mostly by PM.
    I object! I have never harassed anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    She meant the Prime Minister I believe.

So, I'm supposed to believe that a man who is so incompetent that he runs off every engineer he needs to keep the site running for more than several weeks somehow has the managerial prowess to commission a cell phone that will instantly eat massive amounts of Apple and Droid market share, just to platform the site that he's already destroyed.

This is about as likely as Tesla solving world hunger. Which is to say, zero point zero zero zero.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

He’s got some work to do to get a handle on the bots and scammers.
    Good thing he fired nearly everyone who handles that, in a massive immature temper tantrum.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    She meant the Prime Minister I believe.
    So in addition to killing the Queen, Liz Truss also harrasses people on the DBR? She was busy in her 6 weeks in office.

So in addition to killing the Queen, Liz Truss also harrasses people on the DBR? She was busy in her 6 weeks in office.
    Is it the DBR or just DBR? Or does it depend on which coast we are on?

This is what she was doing instead of Prime Ministering. And way to beat UNC in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Is it the DBR or just DBR? Or does it depend on which coast we are on?
    DBR. It’s cleaner.

Count your blessings, it gets old fast.

As for Musk building a phone…

It wouldn’t happen overnight, but I wouldn’t put it past him if he was ganged up on by Apple and Google.

A Tesla phone, pre connected with Starlink internet, Twitter App and whatever other features he would likely come up with would be an interesting product.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Good thing he fired nearly everyone who handles that, in a massive immature temper tantrum.
    That’s one way to look at it.

Another is he felt like he needed to clear out some dead weight and start over.

Twitter is now recruiting new employees. (According to Twitter).

New user sign ups are at a all time high. (According to Twitter).

User active minutes at all time highs. (According to Twitter).

Monetizable Daily Active Users have surpassed 250 million users. (According to Twitter).

Hate speech impressions are lower. (According to Twitter).

Reported impersonations spiked, then fell after acquisition. (According to Twitter).

Twitter seems to be working just fine. (According to Wheat/“/“/“).

Hate speech impressions are lower. (According to Twitter).
    Or has the definition changed?

I think you just laid out an excellent argument against getting your information from Twitter.

Count your blessings, it gets old fast.

As for Musk building a phone…

It wouldn’t happen overnight, but I wouldn’t put it past him if he was ganged up on by Apple and Google.

A Tesla phone, pre connected with Starlink internet, Twitter App and whatever other features he would likely come up with would be an interesting product.
    1) It costs $2,500 for in-motion Starlink hardware that's about the size of of a backpack. How much do you think it will cost to miniaturize that?
    2) Service costs $135 per month, per device. Who's paying that when cell service is around $20-$40 a month?
    3) Sat phones don't work indoors. Where do you think people use Twitter mainly? Yeah, you can build in a 5g modem but see 1) above.
    4) If Microsoft, Amazon and Facebook couldn't make a go of it why would Elon even try?

It's all gaslighting.

On the off topic subject: I realize it's from friends (or at least friendly people) but making light of the situation it's always the best course.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I don't think that was impulsively. I actually think that was his plan along. It's straight out of the leverage buyout playbook. It's probably the only thing he planned for.
    Last edited by Kdogg; 11-27-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Or has the definition changed?

I think you just laid out an excellent argument against getting your information from Twitter.
    Who knows what the definition is now, or what it ever was in the first place?

We have to individually draw our own conclusions to statements like this from people. It’s wise to question things.

Other recent and interesting Musk Tweets….

“I think I see a path to Twitter exceeding a billion monthly users in 12-18 months”

“Tesla team just completed a 500 mile drive with a Tesla Semi weighing in at 81,000 lbs!”

Who knows what the definition is now, or what it ever was in the first place?

We have to individually draw our own conclusions to statements like this from people. It’s wise to question things.

Other recent and interesting Musk Tweets….

“I think I see a path to Twitter exceeding a billion monthly users in 12-18 months”

“Tesla team just completed a 500 mile drive with a Tesla Semi weighing in at 81,000 lbs!”
    "I'm just asking questions" is not a valid argument.

Again, I would advise you to look for sources other than Twitter when, well, evaluating Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Again, I would advise you to look for sources other than Twitter when, well, evaluating Twitter.
    Oh, I do. I want to see all sides of something before forming an opinion.

I’m what used to be called a voracious reader, and I don’t sleep much.

Oh, I do. I want to see all sides of something before forming an opinion.

I’m what used to be called a voracious reader, and I don’t sleep much.
    I get the point and applaud reading of course. But haven't we just come out of a period where "doing my own research" went horribly wrong? This isn't about you or the other fine denizens of (not the) DBR, but most people are just smart enough to understand and fervently believe the last thing they read and are patently unable to place new information in context with the other information available on a given subject. This is why I chafe against the Twitter as news conundrum. This is how large swaths of the population are influenced and pushed in 1 direction or the other.