Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1747

Twitter's financial status

Interesting blog post analyzing Twitter's financial position, to the extent possible these days: https://www.enersection.io/twitter/

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Interesting blog post analyzing Twitter's financial position, to the extent possible these days: https://www.enersection.io/twitter/
    wow, quite the opus. Enjoyed the comment regarding Musk seeking equity at $54.20/share, "colonizing Mars will be easier."

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I agree, quite the picture it paints. Not only did Musk and co. massively overspend, but they timed the debt-heavy acquisition just as interest rates skyrocketed.

Interestingly, Elon being the second-richest man in the world might work against him refinancing that debt. Normally, as rates have climbed, there is little gain for a lending institution to hold the line on interest payments (forcing a borrower into going out of business would cause everyone lose). Depending on how he is protected, he may have to fund this little recovery himself.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I agree, quite the picture it paints. Not only did Musk and co. massively overspend, but they timed the debt-heavy acquisition just as interest rates skyrocketed.

Interestingly, Elon being the second-richest man in the world might work against him refinancing that debt. Normally, as rates have climbed, there is little gain for a lending institution to hold the line on interest payments (forcing a borrower into going out of business would cause everyone lose). Depending on how he is protected, he may have to fund this little recovery himself.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd say his lenders are going to lose money, it's just a question of how much...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd say his lenders are going to lose money, it's just a question of how much...
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The analysis was how Elon can keep the wheels on, allowing lenders to get paid back. The interest rates are the wildcard that put the ‘thin’ in the thin ice they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post

Do we know for sure that there are no interest rate hedges in place on the debt? In most bank debt heavy LBOs, there is a requirement that a certain percentage of floating debt be hedged, through either interest rate swaps (effectively fixing the rate on a portion) of caps (effectively capping the upper end of borrowing cost on a portion).

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...030357937.html

Twitter experiencing some outages.

Update on cost cuts

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/29/t...elon-musk.html

As to the SF office, where Musk cut off janitorial services:

"With people packed into more confined spaces, the smell of leftover takeout food and body odor has lingered on the floors, according to four current and former employees. Bathrooms have grown dirty, these people said. And because janitorial services have largely been ended, some workers have resorted to bringing their own rolls of toilet paper from home."

But he's a genius.

Is this true? Twitter banned the Washington Metro Area Transit Authority Twitter?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/twitter-b...220500020.html

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is this true? Twitter banned the Washington Metro Area Transit Authority Twitter?

They’ve been reinstated and are back up and running. Not sure if that was an error or if they were flagged for “doxxing” by posting live location information.

Gives new meaning to the term "Being thrown under the bus".
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

No biggie. Isn’t WMATA’s twitter just a single stickied post that says “Expect delays” ?

Tweetbot is down and twitter is up. Have a bad feeling Elon killed third party apps. If so, I’ll be done with twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Tweetbot is down and twitter is up. Have a bad feeling Elon killed third party apps. If so, I’ll be done with twitter.
    Hopefully this is a glitch. I’ve used Tweetbot for ever. Opened up the regular Twitter app this morning and… holy crap now I see why everyone is always complaining about it being a hellscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Hopefully this is a glitch. I’ve used Tweetbot for ever. Opened up the regular Twitter app this morning and… holy crap now I see why everyone is always complaining about it being a hellscape.
    I had the same experience with the regular Twitter app. A big pile of garbage. This sure looks to be intentional to me. If it isn’t, this is an embarrassment to the company. An API down for 9+ hours and counting?

I had the same experience with the regular Twitter app. A big pile of garbage. This sure looks to be intentional to me. If it isn’t, this is an embarrassment to the company. An API down for 9+ hours and counting?
    Surely if Elmo decided to kill 3p clients, he would say so instead of just doing it, right? Knowing that these clients have paid subscribers? That’s what a functioning human would… oh.

Ugh. Hopefully it’s a glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Surely if Elmo decided to kill 3p clients, he would say so instead of just doing it, right? Knowing that these clients have paid subscribers? That’s what a functioning human would… oh.

Ugh. Hopefully it’s a glitch.
    Glitch. That would be a great name for a twitter successor.

Oh, wait! Maybe it's being done already. A Glitchy link.

Why on god’s formerly green earth would Elon want to kill 3rd party gateways to Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Why on god’s formerly green earth would Elon want to kill 3rd party gateways to Twitter?
    Forces people to use the website or the native app, which means they have to see the ads. Facebook banned 3p clients years ago for a similar reason.