Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1746
    Elon Musk Named Most Exhausting Person of 2022 — ⁦

I've got a family that would beg to differ. I missed out again...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Ready, Fire, Aim.

I hope he has been more careful making cars than he has been about making policies for Twitter.
    B.T., I was already skeptical of buying a car to drive my family around in that would be subject to Musk’s whims. After Twitter?
    Carolina delenda est

From the Babylon Bee: Elon To Stay As Twitter CEO After Counting Mail-In Votes

SAN FRANCISCO, CA — After posting a Twitter poll that seemed to indicate most Twitter users want him to step down from Twitter's leadership, Elon Musk has revealed that millions of mail-in ballots sent in yesterday confirmed most people want him to stay...

https://babylonbee.com/news/elon-to-...-mail-in-votes

Quote Originally Posted by AllenBuilding View Post
    From the Babylon Bee: Elon To Stay As Twitter CEO After Counting Mail-In Votes

SAN FRANCISCO, CA — After posting a Twitter poll that seemed to indicate most Twitter users want him to step down from Twitter's leadership, Elon Musk has revealed that millions of mail-in ballots sent in yesterday confirmed most people want him to stay...

https://babylonbee.com/news/elon-to-...-mail-in-votes
    Was thinking mail ins were coming!

Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    Was thinking mail ins were coming!
    Are they subject to signature verification? Were any of those voters given cups of water by anyone on their way to the mailbox ??

Tesla Buyers Are Bailing Because of Elon Musk, the 'Worst Troll' Tesla salespeople say "a lot" of customers canceling orders blame Musk's Twitter behavior.

Wedbush tech analyst Dan Ives believes the acquisition was the “most overpaid” in the history of the tech space, and he argues Musk is using Tesla to fund what could be $4 billion per year of “red ink” at Twitter.

Four Billion! For comparison here's 2021 figures.
    • 2021 revenue was $5.08 billion, an increase of 37% year over year
    • 2021 operating loss of $493 million, or an operating margin of -10%, includes a one-time litigation-related net charge of $766 million1, as well as ongoing investments.
    • 2021 adjusted operating income, which excludes the one-time litigation-related net charge, was $273 million reflecting an adjusted operating margin of 5%. Operating income was $27 million in 2020, which includes a $150 million non-recurring expense related to an ongoing FTC matter in Q2 of 2020, representing an operating margin of 1%.
    • 2021 net loss was $221 million, representing a net margin of -4% and diluted EPS of ($0.28).

I'm being to think that poll was an escape pod. Maybe he can try to get someone to turn it around. Of course the acolytes will say he has a plan. From my POV it looks like the plan is to run Twitter into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Tesla Buyers Are Bailing Because of Elon Musk, the 'Worst Troll' Tesla salespeople say "a lot" of customers canceling orders blame Musk's Twitter behavior.

Wedbush tech analyst Dan Ives believes the acquisition was the “most overpaid” in the history of the tech space, and he argues Musk is using Tesla to fund what could be $4 billion per year of “red ink” at Twitter.

Four Billion! For comparison here's 2021 figures.
    • 2021 revenue was $5.08 billion, an increase of 37% year over year
    • 2021 operating loss of $493 million, or an operating margin of -10%, includes a one-time litigation-related net charge of $766 million1, as well as ongoing investments.
    • 2021 adjusted operating income, which excludes the one-time litigation-related net charge, was $273 million reflecting an adjusted operating margin of 5%. Operating income was $27 million in 2020, which includes a $150 million non-recurring expense related to an ongoing FTC matter in Q2 of 2020, representing an operating margin of 1%.
    • 2021 net loss was $221 million, representing a net margin of -4% and diluted EPS of ($0.28).

I'm being to think that poll was an escape pod. Maybe he can try to get someone to turn it around. Of course the acolytes will say he has a plan. From my POV it looks like the plan is to run Twitter into the ground.
    I think Twitter was a toy for Musk. After backing himself into a corner to buy it, he tried to get out of it until it was clear a court was going to force him to close. So he’s had his fun, and it’s not fun anymore. Time to go back to work (Tesla/Space X), and see if someone can salvage Twitter as a business while he commands policy as an owner from a bit of a distance. Take the loss as a write-off and keep moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Are they subject to signature verification? Were any of those voters given cups of water by anyone on their way to the mailbox ??
    Safest and fairest Twitter poll ever. We may still be waiting on mail in counts for the Twitter poll weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I think Twitter was a toy for Musk. After backing himself into a corner to buy it, he tried to get out of it until it was clear a court was going to force him to close. So he’s had his fun, and it’s not fun anymore. Time to go back to work (Tesla/Space X), and see if someone can salvage Twitter as a business while he commands policy as an owner from a bit of a distance. Take the loss as a write-off and keep moving on.
    Indeed. Best he can hope for now is to bargain down his prodigious Twitter debt with his nitwit bankers and absorb his beating. He may have found that 4:20 tweets are not his sweet spot.

The new CEO?

Eleana Musk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AllenBuilding View Post
    The new CEO?

Eleana Musk.jpg

Elona is much better looking than her twin brother.

^How about “Noel” to change it up a bit?

Anyone who wants to argue that Musk is a genius, these comments prove he is far from even above-average intelligence. He understands very little outside of his own beliefs.

Jane Goodall stated "“We cannot hide away from human population growth because it underlies so many of the other problems.”

Musk responded "This philosophy is the death of humanity.” He has also stated humans “are absurdly concentrated on a tiny percentage of Earth’s surface.”

Sure, Musky. So why don't you use your billions to outfit us all with scuba gear and flotation devices so we can live in/on the 70% of the Earth's surface that we are spurning. And then maybe you have some spare space suits so we can also live in the Sahara et. al. I'm sure he is not aware that the Sahara alone is significantly larger than the contiguous United States. And don't forget Antarctica! What a waste of space (I'm not talking about Antarctica).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news...7dc4b3569aafe0

In short, he's an idiot. Like many rich men, he was born into wealth and happened to be in the right place at the right time to expand that wealth and not squander it.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Anyone who wants to argue that Musk is a genius, these comments prove he is far from even above-average intelligence. He understands very little outside of his own beliefs.

Jane Goodall stated "“We cannot hide away from human population growth because it underlies so many of the other problems.”

Musk responded "This philosophy is the death of humanity.” He has also stated humans “are absurdly concentrated on a tiny percentage of Earth’s surface.”

Sure, Musky. So why don't you use your billions to outfit us all with scuba gear and flotation devices so we can live in/on the 70% of the Earth's surface that we are spurning. And then maybe you have some spare space suits so we can also live in the Sahara et. al. I'm sure he is not aware that the Sahara alone is significantly larger than the contiguous United States. And don't forget Antarctica! What a waste of space (I'm not talking about Antarctica).

In short, he's an idiot. Like many rich men, he was born into wealth and happened to be in the right place at the right time to expand that wealth and not squander it.
    In all fairness, he might just be mediocre -- and overconfident.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    In all fairness, he might just be mediocre -- and overconfident.
    Why bring me into this?!?!

Why does it have to be so black and white? Musk is a lot of things. He’s a visionary in some ways and a fool in others. He is selfish and cold personally but also has some intellectually noble goals. He has unbridled chutzpah that created massive companies and made him a billionaire but which is getting out of control and causing him to make one dumb decision after another. Musk is brilliant and an idiot. People can be both - look at Bobby Fischer.

Musk’s biggest problem now is that he is falling into conspiracy theory hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Why bring me into this?!?!
    So now you think you're mediocre? Getting a pretty big head, aren't you?
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

So now you think you're mediocre? Getting a pretty big head, aren't you?
    Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Why does it have to be so black and white? Musk is a lot of things. He’s a visionary in some ways and a fool in others. He is selfish and cold personally but also has some intellectually noble goals. He has unbridled chutzpah that created massive companies and made him a billionaire but which is getting out of control and causing him to make one dumb decision after another. Musk is brilliant and an idiot. People can be both - look at Bobby Fischer.

Musk’s biggest problem now is that he is falling into conspiracy theory hell.
    Yeah, I think it’s pretty clear he’s a technology visionary….and pretty awful at most other things. We gotta be able to acknowledge the complexity of people.

To be fair, though, there IS a lot of space in Wyoming. 😁