Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    I refuse to go to the sites but I have this image of the folks at the Carolina and Kentucky boards posting "those smug jerks at DBR like to make fun of us but check out this thread they've got! I thought they had moderators who regulated this kind of stuff?"

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I refuse to go to the sites but I have this image of the folks at the Carolina and Kentucky boards posting "those smug jerks at DBR like to make fun of us but check out this thread they've got! I thought they had moderators who regulated this kind of stuff?"
    Smug Jerks is a good band name.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I just offered to readers on the board what I had read, and clarified I had no direct knowledge if it was true, or not.

I have faith in the people here to make their own decisions whether it’s plausible, or not.

No need to attack me, again.
    Kyrie, is that you?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Smug Jerks is a good band name.
    Not too different from the name of an actual punk band name that I think might be NSFW but replaces "smug" with the name of a shape.

Not too different from the name of an actual punk band name that I think might be NSFW but replaces "smug" with the name of a shape.
    Dodecagon Jerks?

Yes, I do understand how that feeds into the stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Captain Wheat,

Do you think your Twitter, crypto, investment, and political views are entwined? If so, is that in your best interest?
    No. Are yours? I look at them as separate topics.

It’s in my best interests to always be as truthful and respectful as possible when interacting with people, without sacrificing my views, or self respect, on anything.

I don't know about those people, but we certainly have one on Pack Pride.

Discussion of Donald Trump and anything that relates to him is off-limits outside of the designated political threads. Please discontinue any discussion about him here.

This thread shall be for talking about the current state of Twitter only. Stop sniping at each other over silliness. When you find an opinion that differs from your own, treat it with respect. Don't immediately jump down the throat of the poster who posted it.

I will consider this a blanket warning. The next person who posts about Trump or who makes a personal attack on another poster will get a serious infraction.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I can't remember the thread, but that band was named on DBR not long ago. Also, they are still playing and making me feel old.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

No. Are yours? I look at them as separate topics.
    Not intentionally. I’m relatively moderate on those subjects. If my political views were more extreme, then I’d have to work very hard to see they don’t affect my investment decisions.

Mastodon servers?

So, has this august crowd landed on a preferred Mastodon server en masse? Or any individual recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    So, has this august crowd landed on a preferred Mastodon server en masse? Or any individual recommendations?

I ended up at Mastodon.world, but haven't found too many people there that I follow. Adding others from different servers hasn't been too difficult. But overall counts of people I follow moving is less than 100 I would guess.

Instances

I started at mastodon.social, but it was having issues dealing with the flood of new users. I tried fosstodon, since I have an interest in free and open source software, but yesterday decided to try a newer instance. I’m now at mstdn.party, which is a general purpose instance. (Moving is easy and you can take your your follows and followers quite easily.)

If you have a good list of follows (try debirdify to convert your Twitter list to Mastodon), the instance isn’t very important. Just read the rules of any instance before you join. Some are more sensitive than others about things like content warnings.

I’m finding Mastodon to be far more pleasant than that other place. As somebody wrote, Mastodon is what Twitter would be if it was Canadian.

Musk just tweeted that Twitter added 1.6 million daily active users this past week.

Edit to add: he also just tweeted “let’s see what happens when Twitter offers good video with higher compensation for creators…”

A shot over the bow at YouTube.

Musk just tweeted that Twitter added 1.6 million daily active users this past week.
    How many did they lose?

Edit to add: he also just tweeted “let’s see what happens when Twitter offers good video with higher compensation for creators…”

A shot over the bow at YouTube.
    Now that they aren’t public he can say whatever he wants. And as CB&B noted, the key figure is net adds. This is what all media, internet, cellular, etc companies report on.

But I’m sure you believe everything he says, especially if it is positive and confirms your pre-conceived notions.

The chart he tweeted doesn’t show how many active daily users Twitter lost last week. Just that overall, the number of active daily users increased by 1.6 million week over week.

How many are the bots he was so worried about before buying twitter? The ones he doesn’t seem to mind now?

-jk

But I’m sure you believe everything he says, especially if it is positive and confirms your pre-conceived notions.
    Is that really a necessary response to have a civil conversation?

I just forwarded, on topic, what the CEO of twitter is saying to this board for readers interested in this thread to consider.

I didn’t offer a any notion on his statement, preconceived or not.

Edit to add: I guess I technically did offer a notion that the video comment was a shot at YouTube.
    Last edited by Wheat/"/"/"; 11-21-2022 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    How many are the bots he was so worried about before buying twitter? The ones he doesn’t seem to mind now?

-jk
    He says “active daily users”, whatever that means.

I think he does mind the bots but is finding them more difficult to rein in than he anticipated. Lots of accounts are complaining there are as many, or more, now than when he took over.

Yesterday, he replied to a question if a recent poll was a bot trap with a “Winky” emoji.

We know he likes to troll for his own entertainment so that may mean nothing, or maybe something. Who knows with that guy.