Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    If I have no opinion about whether something is true or not I don’t post it. But that’s just me.
    I read somewhere that this is not true. Just asking questions here and all.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Seems harmless and uncontroversial.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Did you actually read that article?

1. twitter did not run the algorithm.

2. Musk claimed after that date, numerous times, that there were significant numbers of bots so he should not have to close the deal.

3. There is absolutely no evidence or even reference to the fact that he programmed and ran the test you suggest.

With all due respect, this is just unsubstantiated bull crap.

I certainly am not attacking you or anyone for having the conversation, I am questioning why we allow unsubstantiated speculation in lieu of factual discussion.
    Everyone knows that Bots are a problem on Twitter. He gets lots of complaints daily about them. The article I linked shows that he has issues with Bots and that it would not be surprising, imo, that he used a Trump poll to attack them.

Jeeezzzz…. I know there’s no evidence, at least that I know of, that he actually programmed and ran a test to find bots with that poll. I actually stated I had no knowledge if it was true in my first post on the subject. It was just some conjecture from a Twitter thread that I passed along for consideration I thought was interesting after your insinuation that Bots had influenced the Twitter Trump poll.

I never claimed it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Everyone knows that Bots are a problem on Twitter. He gets lots of complaints daily about them. The article I linked shows that he has issues with Bots and that it would not be surprising, imo, that he used a Trump poll to attack them.

Jeeezzzz…. I know there’s no evidence, at least that I know of, that he actually programmed and ran a test to find bots with that poll. I actually stated I had no knowledge if it was true in my first post on the subject. It was just some conjecture from a Twitter thread that I passed along for consideration I thought was interesting after your insinuation that Bots had influenced the Twitter Trump poll.

Of course, that’s not what you posted at the start of this digression. You said:

Musk has been running a Twitter poll asking whether Trump’s account should be reinstated. Over 15 million participants later, the verdict was 52-48 to open his account.

Musk just Tweeted…”the people have spoken. Trump will be reinstated.”

I can’t believe it’s even an issue. Free speech is for everyone, even those who we disagree with.
    Move the goal posts all you like. You cannot champion a close to 50% Twitter poll while at the same time acknowledging that it is populated by votes from bots.

You see the problem, yes? “The PEOPLE have spoken.” Bull. The BOTS have spoken.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Seems harmless and uncontroversial.
    Poor Ron DeSantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Poor Ron DeSantis.
    It’s tough being the second Heather.

Of course, that’s not what you posted at the start of this digression. You said:

Move the goal posts all you like. You cannot champion a close to 50% Twitter poll while at the same time acknowledging that it is populated by votes from bots.

You see the problem, yes? “The PEOPLE have spoken.” Bull. The BOTS have spoken.
    I didn’t champion anything. I just posted the poll results.

And, BTW, how do you know that the votes are populated by votes from bots? Where’s the evidence!

Are you now guilty of spreading “misinformation” and staining the standards of the board?

You wouldn’t want to be held to a lessor standard than I am, would you?
    Last edited by Wheat/"/"/"; 11-19-2022 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Sp

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Poor Ron DeSantis.
    He'll be just fine.
    Ron DeSantis (R) plans to sit back and wait for Donald Trump to “punch himself out” in his race for the presidency, a source has told Politico.
    DeSantis will reportedly bide his time and avoid tussles with Trump as he awaits a hoped-for implosion by the former president.
    https://news.yahoo.com/ron-desantis-...010455118.html

Figured that post belongs here since it's the TwitterIsDoomedAndTrumpIsRunningForPresident thread.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    He'll be just fine.

https://news.yahoo.com/ron-desantis-...010455118.html

Figured that post belongs here since it's the TwitterIsDoomedAndTrumpIsRunningForPresident thread.
    Wait for Trump to "punch himself out"? That's funny. I'm pretty sure that's been everybody else's strategy since 2015.

I didn’t champion anything. I just posted the poll results.

And, BTW, how do you know that the votes are populated by votes from bots? Where’s the evidence!

Are you now guilty of spreading “misinformation” and staining the standards of the board?

You wouldn’t want to be held to a lessor standard that I am, would you? ��
    You’re the one who cited the poll.

How many of the voters were real?

More importantly, how many were actual American citizens?

[Tucker Carlson]”I’m only asking questions!”[/Tucker Carlson].

Oh, and the links to reputable sources about Elon’s concerns with bots far after your cite are legion. For example:

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk...41ffc50f3012ba

I’m headed to bed, but if you think everything is on the up and up with Elon good luck. I’ve got nothing against him but I am not a blind swallower of patent snake oil either.

I’m done with this thread.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Wait for Trump to "punch himself out"? That's funny. I'm pretty sure that's been everybody else's strategy since 2015.
    Different times. He just cost his party their Red Wave due to his self-aggrandizing, and his backers are leaving in droves in favor of DeSantis. Hell, even his own daughter left the dinner table. He's toast, and he's going to go down in flames. Smart move by ol Ron.

Back on topicish, I love the irony of Musk bringing Trump back on in a move that is obviously designed to save a sinking ship. Of course he'll take him back, he wants all the followers that come with that package. DJT truly should say Thanks, No Thanks, and keep on Truthing. Why would a businessman support a competitor, especially when the media still writes daily articles on what he posts on his own flailing platform?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Have faith.

The old “rope a dope” strategy is a proven winner.

Captain Wheat,

Do you think your Twitter, crypto, investment, and political views are entwined? If so, is that in your best interest?

Jeez, I miss a lot when I go out to have some fun. Why we expect intellectual honesty (or even competence) from certain sectors (e.g. disgraced universities) is beyond me.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Different times. He just cost his party their Red Wave due to his self-aggrandizing, and his backers are leaving in droves in favor of DeSantis. Hell, even his own daughter left the dinner table. He's toast, and he's going to go down in flames. Smart move by ol Ron.

Back on topicish, I love the irony of Musk bringing Trump back on in a move that is obviously designed to save a sinking ship. Of course he'll take him back, he wants all the followers that come with that package. DJT truly should say Thanks, No Thanks, and keep on Truthing. Why would a businessman support a competitor, especially when the media still writes daily articles on what he posts on his own flailing platform?
    Trump obviously wants back onto Twitter. But only in a way that doesn't make it look like his own platform sucks and/or is widely ignored, and in a way that is self-aggrandizing while humiliating others. So I bet the line will be something like "Elon Musk is a great guy and a great businessman but Twitter is in trouble, so Elon begged me to come back there, in addition to of course being on my own great platform Truth. But he told me he really needs me on Twitter, so I'm going back on."

The think I will miss about Twitter are the doggos and gattos. And like 2-3 people.

Everyone knows that there are shady people involved with some crypto. My posts on that closed thread show that I have issues with them. Therefore, it should not be surprising, that I single-handedly uncovered and brought down the fraud at FTX.

I will now sit back and enjoy the adulation of the masses.

Ah. Now I get it.

He’s trying to kill off what it currently is, so he can rebrand it as what he wants. Most likely some sort of paid service that works more like PayPal or Venmo. Except with more white supremacists and bots telling him how smart he is. In sports terms, this is the part where he trades away all the vets and tanks for draft picks.

Gross. No thanks.

Trump himself doesn't appear keen to return to twitter, at least as of yesterday. He was asked by a panel at the Republican Jewish Coalition's annual leadership meeting if he'd be returning, and he responded, "I don't see any reason for it."

I wonder the extent to which his licensing agreement with Truth Social, which, among other stipulations, requires him to wait for eight hours before he can share his posts on other sites, is influencing this. For more on this, see "Trump once reconsidered sticking with Truth Social. Now he’s stuck," Washington Post, 11/07/2022:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...now-hes-stuck/