Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Mets offseason acquisition Jose Quintana expected to be out until July. Rib issue requires surgery.

Ouch.

Some combination of Peterson and Megill will fill that spot in the rotation.
    Looks like the Cardinals dodged a bullet not resigning Quintana. I had hoped they would and now I'm glad they didn't. I see the Yankees, Carlos Rodon is going on the IR with an injury. He's another FA that I wanted the Cards to sign. Bullet #2 dodged.

And, in a truly Metsy turn of events, Diaz gets injured in the WBC during a postgame celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    And, in a truly Metsy turn of events, Diaz gets injured in the WBC during a postgame celebration.
    Good-Grief-Blog-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Diaz has a torn patellar tendon and is out for the season. Horrible news for him and the league. Devastating for Mets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Diaz has a torn patellar tendon and is out for the season. Horrible news for him and the league. Devastating for Mets fans.
    And devastating for trumpet fans - my Yankee loving family loved his entrances…

Well, it's not offseason anymore, but I did not want to ruin my perfect record of never creating a DBR thread.

Duke alum Marcus Stroman becomes the first major league player to be penalized under the new pitch clock rule. I suspect he's not completely bummed out about that because he threw 6 shutout innings and got the win.

Judge homers on the second pitch he sees. Cole was electric. Volpe made it through his debut. Pretty much a perfect afternoon in the Bronx.