Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm not sure how I missed this but I did not realize that the Continental Tire Bowl, Meineke Car Care Bowl, and Belk Bowl were the same bowl. I'd have told you the first two were still going (separately). Anyways, the Duke's Mayo Bowl is definitely the best option for me in terms of date and location but that will probably be tough if we are 3rd at best in the pecking order and nobody makes the playoffs.
    It's possible if the former HOF Bowl takes an ACC team, meaning ND if they can. You can put the ACC teams into 2 tiers at this point.

Tier 1: Clemson, ND, UNC. I think you can assume ND will go 8-4 since they still have BC/@USC left.
    Tier 2: Everybody else with 6 wins today.

FSU might be the exception, particularly at 9-3. I feel pretty confident FSU is going to get a Florida bowl game. It benefits the ACC in terms of attendance and perception, and I'll argue they would beat UNC in Chapel Hill right now. Sagarin has Clemson #14, ND #15, FSU #16, and UNC #36.

Orange/Miami - Clemson or UNC by rule.
    Tampa (nee Outback/HOF) - No ACC team, ND, or FSU. Expect no ACC team.
    Orlando - FSU, ND, and UNC. FSU has not been here recently. ND has been here twice recently.
    That leaves Jacksonville, Charlotte, etc., and it's anybody's guess there. A surging Duke team would be better than slumping NCSU and Wake teams for Charlotte, but we really needed another 3,000 Duke fans at the game yesterday.
    Last edited by duke2x; 11-13-2022 at 04:20 PM.